Bus Routes That Like To Bunch

Lil 57

Bunching to me is inevitable. Whether we like it or not and or if there’s ways to help improve bunching it’s still going to happen. Traffic, lack of enforcement for traffic violations, and other factors are going to make buses bunch. 

For my list is the B41, B47, B6, B68, and others. 

Routes that like to bunch?

This is where we need that dude Yuki (Endo) right now; notorious for compiling long ass lists of bus routes whenever questions of the sort arise.... If only someone can find the (or, one of his) posts of his in one of those *what's your favorite route* type of question threads/discussions... Dude just about listed every freakin route, even discontinued ones... Like, honestly now <_<

9 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Routes that like to bunch?

This is where we need that dude Yuki (Endo) right now; notorious for compiling long ass lists of bus routes whenever questions of the sort arise.... If only someone can find the (or, one of his) posts of his in one of those *what's your favorite route* type of question threads/discussions... Dude just about listed every freakin route, even discontinued ones... Like, honestly now <_<

Found one of his posts. They sure are long.

4 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

I'll let Lewis Dodley from NY1 tell you:

Is this supposed to be a snowstorm because it says that the weather is 53 degrees outside?

NVM, I think this is after Hurricane Sandy.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, Lil 57 said:

What are bus routes that like to bunch? In my experience some routes I've seen often bunching are the,

S78, S79 SBS, Q32, Q58, Q60, Q66.

What are some other routes?

not too sure about the "like to" analysis, but the lines i think of when i hear the word bunching are the B3 (am rush) B6 (for obvious reasons) B7 (am rush, since the Fresh Pond takeover) B12, B15, B41, B47, SBS Q53, SBS Q44, Q40 & Q41 (am rush believe it or not) Q43 & Q46 (technicalities) M15 (pm rush shoulder & late evenings) SBS M15, M96 & Bx3, just to name quite a few. 

Just for the hell of it.....

1] Which of the Flushing feeders (quote-unquote) would anyone here say is the worst offender of bunching?

2] Which of the Downtown Brooklyn - Ridgewood terminal routes would anyone here say is the worst offender of bunching?

3] The Staten Island (local) route you'd say that's the worst offender of bunching is.....

4] The routes that run out of Grand av (depot) the general consensus here believes are VERY unreliable.... With that said, which of them is the worst offender of bunching in y'alls opinion?

5] The route with the highest headway you can think of that's rather prone to bunching on any level at times, is the.....

6] Manhattan's crosstowns - can't live with 'em, can't live without em (well, the hell I can't yes I can, but I just wanted to say that... LOL)...
Seriously though, which of these slowpokes that operate below 59th st would you say is the absolute worst with its propensity to bunch?

7] Out of all the north-south routes that connect to that number subway line in Queens, which has the worst bunching?

8] Out of all the interborough routes that do not have SBS variants, which route has the worst bunching?

9] Of any route that serves both Jamaica and Flushing, which route bunches the least?

10] Between the 2 depots in this city that house the most local routes, give me a (combined) top 5 of the worst offenders of bunching....

9 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

1] Which of the Flushing feeders (quote-unquote) would anyone here say is the worst offender of bunching?

2] Which of the Downtown Brooklyn - Ridgewood terminal routes would anyone here say is the worst offender of bunching?

3] The Staten Island (local) route you'd say that's the worst offender of bunching is.....

4] The routes that run out of Grand av (depot) the general consensus here believes are VERY unreliable.... With that said, which of them is the worst offender of bunching in y'alls opinion?

5] The route with the highest headway you can think of that's rather prone to bunching on any level at times, is the.....

6] Manhattan's crosstowns - can't live with 'em, can't live without em (well, the hell I can't yes I can, but I just wanted to say that... LOL)...
Seriously though, which of these slowpokes that operate below 59th st would you say is the absolute worst with its propensity to bunch?

7] Out of all the north-south routes that connect to that number subway line in Queens, which has the worst bunching?

8] Out of all the interborough routes that do not have SBS variants, which route has the worst bunching?

9] Of any route that serves both Jamaica and Flushing, which route bunches the least?

10] Between the 2 depots in this city that house the most local routes, give me a (combined) top 5 of the worst offenders of bunching....

I don't know all but I'll give you a few.

1. Q58

3. S78 or S79 SBS (The S79 is notorious for coming in packs while the S78 is notorious for having 30+ minute waits throughout the day above Richmond Ave)

4. Q58 (Again)

5. SIM3C/33C (Basically any Express route based out of Castleton Off-Peak)

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

1) Q25 & Q17

2) i would've argued the 26, but apparently the entire 38 now that it all runs out of Grand Avenue

3) s78 can't get out of it's own way, hands down

4) the friggin' B47. haven't seen the Grand Avenue Q58 as yet, but until i experience it for myself, my vote will be for the 47 until further notice

5) 3 way tie: the Q46, Q43 & SBS B46

6) Below 59 street? I've heard the M31 has gone to s**t over at 100 street, but my vote would be for the m14 Crosstowns

7) Q25. don't know how many people actually use the SBS Q53 to "connect" to the (7) but definitely the 25 comes to mind

8] pm rush Q54 (westbound to the bridge, which results in ridiculous waits going towards Queens

9) Q20A/B

10) if my assumption is correct, you're speaking of Quill & West Farms. based on that assumption, I'd say combined = Bx21, Bx36, M14A/D, SBS M23 & SBS M86 (no particular order) 

pretty sure people may disagree. 

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

I don't know all but I'll give you a few.

1. Q58

3. S78 or S79 SBS (The S79 is notorious for coming in packs while the S78 is notorious for having 30+ minute waits throughout the day above Richmond Ave)

4. Q58 (Again)

5. SIM3C/33C (Basically any Express route based out of Castleton Off-Peak) N/M I mistaked it for lowest headway.

Edit in red.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

1) Has to be either the Q27 OR Q28

2) I would say the B38

3) Don't know much about this, but from what I've experienced, it has to be one of the Hylan Boulevard routes (S78 or S79).

4) In terms of bunching solely, the B47 was up there. The Q58 might have taken that place though.

5) I would say the Q38.

6) The M42 I'd say has it worst.

7) The Q47.

8) The Q32.

9) I would say the Q34. 

10) Bx12, Bx41, M42, M57, M66.

Archived