The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

On 1/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

Do you have any suggestions for any particular corridors that need coverage? Remember you also have the BL-19 (which in some ways is more of a crosstown than the BL-16, because it connects to MNRR stations on both ends). The only major gap I see is between Yorktown Heights and points east (basically, the old BL-12 corridor back when it used to run to Jefferson Valley Mall). Even to points west, they at least have the BL-10 to Croton.

On a side note, Bee Line has some interesting interline combinations (as per Google Maps). The BL-10 & BL-11 interline in both directions, and the BL-27 trip that extends to Peekskill in the morning comes back down as a BL-15. 

Idk but I think IMO the BL-12 bus should be extended and terminate at Mount Kisco I mean I can get that the Yorktown area be no BL-12 because it has the 15 but c'mon why have a bus and in an area with NO commercial NO MNR station and NO bus connection is a total wilderness having it terminate at Armonk

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DS4Ever said:

Idk but I think IMO the BL-12 bus should be extended and terminate at Mount Kisco I mean I can get that the Yorktown area be no BL-12 because it has the 15 but c'mon why have a bus and in an area with NO commercial NO MNR station and NO bus connection is a total wilderness having it terminate at Armonk

I think it should go to at least Mount Kisco, with some buses extending to JVM (e.g. Every 2-3 hours). I think there is an advantage to connecting Mount Kisco (and its associated MNRR station) to points north.

1 hour ago, DS4Ever said:

It's almost as if you're making it sound like that area shouldn't have bus service at all, because of those reasons....

40 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I think it should go to at least Mount Kisco, with some buses extending to JVM (e.g. Every 2-3 hours). I think there is an advantage to connecting Mount Kisco (and its associated MNRR station) to points north.

On paper perhaps, but in actuality, nobody really took the old BL-12 to Mt. Kisco from points north for that reason....

Edited by B35 via Church

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

It's almost as if you're making it sound like that area shouldn't have bus service at all, because of those reasons....

On paper perhaps, but in actuality, nobody really took the old BL-12 to Mt. Kisco from points north for that reason....

Well another reason was that the 12 was incredibly long and unreliable, along with the traffic issues along Westchester Av. When they changed the routing in 2012, they created the Anderson Hill Road trips to bypass the traffic on Westchester Av, and eventually shortened the 12 to Armonk.

And it sucks to, I wish Port Authority would make Westchester Airport "the third NYC airport" rather then Newark, since it takes longer to get to EWR by transit then it does with Westchester...

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Out of curiosity, does the BL-10 see any noticeable usage to/from the Hudson Line? Or is it basically that if you're in that general pocket of Westchester, the only bus usage is pretty much to/from White Plains itself?

Actually, come to think of it, are there any MNRR stations that see a sizable number of passengers arriving by bus? (It's amazing the dichotomy between the commuter rail and local buses in the suburbs...I remember waiting for a BL-13 at Port Chester and a rush hour train pulls up and not a single passenger goes to the bus stop)

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Well another reason was that the 12 was incredibly long and unreliable, along with the traffic issues along Westchester Av. When they changed the routing in 2012, they created the Anderson Hill Road trips to bypass the traffic on Westchester Av, and eventually shortened the 12 to Armonk.

And it sucks to, I wish Port Authority would make Westchester Airport "the third NYC airport" rather then Newark, since it takes longer to get to EWR by transit then it does with Westchester...

Eh, I'd still say EWR is quicker for most of NYC. The only exception might be portions of The Bronx. 

Edited by checkmatechamp13

8 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Out of curiosity, does the BL-10 see any noticeable usage to/from the Hudson Line? Or is it basically that if you're in that general pocket of Westchester, the only bus usage is pretty much to/from White Plains itself?

Actually, come to think of it, are there any MNRR stations that see a sizable number of passengers arriving by bus? (It's amazing the dichotomy between the commuter rail and local buses in the suburbs...I remember waiting for a BL-13 at Port Chester and a rush hour train pulls up and not a single passenger goes to the bus stop)

Eh, I'd still say EWR is quicker for most of NYC. The only exception might be portions of The Bronx. 

That transfer and increased cost to go from Midtown to EWR is what makes it long. Had PATH gone to EWR, it wouldn't be long.

10 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Outside of service to/from JVM itself, patronage on that route was virtually non-existent north of Mt. Kisco.... Don't see what you're bringing up here as really having factored into as to why much of nobody from points north bothered to take the BL-12 to MNRR Mt. Kisco.... It's more of a suburban mindset thing than it is/was anything logistical with the route....

- The latter.... I mean, I never really seen or been on a BL-10 that had more than a handful of people on it, sadly.......

- MNRR White Plains itself doesn't even see any real sizable amt. of people taking trains to buses over at the transcenter.... With White Plains, I find it's an either-or thing for Bronx/NYC commuters, regarding the MNRR vs. the BL-20/40/60 {and their respective variants}.... Those that are Westchester patrons are majorically park & riders.....

From off the NH line, yeah, nobody's really thinking about a bus (on the NY side of things) north of New Roc' for the most part.... On the CT side of things, you will start noticing rail to bus usage at Stamford..... The crowds that the BL-13 sees at MNRR Port Chester (that are otherwise not residents of the area) I'd say is a 50/50 split of people coming off (NB) BL-61's & Stamford/CT Transit #11 (or whatever they renamed it to; think it's the #311)....

I guess I'd say MNRR Tarrytown is the most consistent RR station that sees a sizable/noticeable amt. of train-to-bus commuters.... Only one that comes to mind right now.

This.

Well armonk isn't that rural to me I mean the BL 12 will by law pass through Armonk have it head to Mt Kisco I say it that way since Armonk is like in some sort of oasis inside Westchester County likewise are those communities northeast of the county I mean in that part of the county ONLY the HART (Danbury) Ridgefield shuttle passes through there and it is rush hours only and at dedicated P+R areas 

15 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Not to mention it is more cheaper by public transit or even taxi because of the huge toll payment at either the GWB the two Tunnels plus the NJTP toll so yeah Westchester County airport would be the best option I myself think the BL12 should be returned back to Westchester av and be terminate at Mt Kisco which would give it a 1h25 headway and be bihourly to Mt Kisco and hourly to the airport anyways the bus really did terminate at the airport on Sundays prior to the JV Mall truncation

1 hour ago, DS4Ever said:

Not to mention it is more cheaper by public transit or even taxi because of the huge toll payment at either the GWB the two Tunnels plus the NJTP toll so yeah Westchester County airport would be the best option I myself think the BL12 should be returned back to Westchester av and be terminate at Mt Kisco which would give it a 1h25 headway and be bihourly to Mt Kisco and hourly to the airport anyways the bus really did terminate at the airport on Sundays prior to the JV Mall truncation

The 12 still ends at Westchester Airport on weekends. 

Although all these "via Business Parks" that the 12 does is really confusing...

Tell me about it that's why Beeline have the loop bus routes is so confusing to say the truth when BL12 use to go to JV Mall of the 3 routes that go from White Plains to far north of Westchester County the #15 was the most fastest then the #14 and lastly the #12 the latter was very fast between JV Mall and Mount Kisco and moderate fast between Mt Kisco and The Airport after it left the airport was the suffering because of the business buildings in Purchase 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The first Orion V was auctioned off this week, and rumor has it the first XDE40 will be arriving soon. The numbering range (subject to change) will be 401-466 for the base order, which will retire the worse condition Orion's first. The suburban Orion V's won't be retired until 2025. The Orion VII's however may be replaced with the base order first instead of the option order.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:25 PM, Lawrence St said:

The first Orion V was auctioned off this week, and rumor has it the first XDE40 will be arriving soon. The numbering range (subject to change) will be 401-466 for the base order, which will retire the worse condition Orion's first. The suburban Orion V's won't be retired until 2025. The Orion VII's however may be replaced with the base order first instead of the option order.

High floor equipment have their days numbered. I'll be sad to seem them go.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Horrible accident happened to 350 today, collided with a car, and a pillar, 11 injured, hopefully everyone’s okay.

God Damn that damage. Hoping everyone is okay but heard one of the injuries is a life-threatening one. Hopefully he recovers. Hearing the car made an illegal u-turn which caused the bus to swerve and hit the subway pillar. Right side of the bus was sheered off.

Here's the article of the accident: https://abc7ny.com/bus-accident-crash-bee-line-new-york-city/10916791/

Edited by DCTransitFilms