The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NBTA said:

Horrible accident happened to 350 today, collided with a car, and a pillar, 11 injured, hopefully everyone’s okay.

I saw the damage on the bus on the news. That's terrible. 

https://abc7ny.com/bus-accident-crash-bee-line-new-york-city/10916791/

I've said it before and I'll say it again: THERE. ARE. TOO. MANY. CARS. ON. THE. ROAD! Something's gotta be done, and quick.

On another note, this is also the latest Xcelsior to be involved in an accident, across all 3 NYC transit agencies. 

NICE Bus: #1930 caught fire

MTA: #808 & #673 caught fire, #7647 crashed into a house and #1020 fell onto the Cross Bronx Expressway.

and now this accident from #350.

3 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: THERE. ARE. TOO. MANY. CARS. ON. THE. ROAD! Something's gotta be done, and quick.

On another note, this is also the latest Xcelsior to be involved in an accident, across all 3 NYC transit agencies. 

NICE Bus: #1930 caught fire

MTA: #808 & #673 caught fire, #7647 crashed into a house and #1020 fell onto the Cross Bronx Expressway.

and now this accident from #350.

So you want to penalize a massive majority over one idiot driver who tried to overtake another, and then collided with the bus over their own stupidity?

Imagine if Bee-Line decided to shut down service altogether over one person who tried to attack an operator.

That's not quite fair now is it?

Edited by Cait Sith

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Since 350 is retired, I wonder if they're going to buy one of DASH's neoplans back to fill in the loss of 350.

They won’t buy one of DASH’s old Neos. Plus DASH pulled all their Neos from service recently. If 350 still under warranty they can get a replacement instead.

Edited by DCTransitFilms

12 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

They won’t buy one of DASH’s old Neos. Plus DASH pulled all their Neos from service recently. If 350 still under warranty they can get a replacement instead.

How do you know? Bee Line is great with maintenance.

Also 350 is finished, the warranty only covers if the accident was the result of a malfunction.

7 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Also 350 is finished, the warranty only covers if the accident was the result of a malfunction.

For the Dash Neos being pulled? Ik a few friends that works there and one of them said they were recently pulled due to transmission issues I believe. They also had other issues with the buses as well. And yeah I know Bee Line is good with maintenance. 

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Yes, but then here's the problems.

Theoretically, lets say that they actually get a Neoplan or two back, they would then have to go find parts for them, which they don't have anymore because they have an all-new fleet of artics. Parts for the AN460 high floors are hard as f**k to come by, especially since DASH has cannibalized a bus or two to maintain the others.

350 isn't a big loss either, they don't use all 78 artics in a single day.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:13 PM, Transit Enthusiast said:

Define "too many cars on the road" as it pertains to this specific accident...

On 7/30/2021 at 12:37 AM, Cait Sith said:

So you want to penalize a massive majority over one idiot driver who tried to overtake another, and then collided with the bus over their own stupidity?

Imagine if Bee-Line decided to shut down service altogether over one person who tried to attack an operator.

That's not quite fair now is it?

It's classic anti-car propaganda.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rode the northern half on the 40 and the entire 43 today. Love how rural Westchester is once you go north of White Plains. Roads with no sidewalks, no street lights, etc.

43 ride was great, only disappointment was my bus was an transit Orion V and not an Suburban one. That highway run is very scenic, at one point theres an lake between the two highway roads.

I've ridden every highway Bee line route (3, 43 and 62) except for the 1X and 17.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Rode the northern half on the 40 and the entire 43 today. Love how rural Westchester is once you go north of White Plains. Roads with no sidewalks, no street lights, etc.

43 ride was great, only disappointment was my bus was an transit Orion V and not an Suburban one. That highway run is very scenic, at one point theres an lake between the two highway roads.

I've ridden every highway Bee line route (3, 43 and 62) except for the 1X and 17.

Your missing the 17, 75, 91, and 4C.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Your missing the 17, 75, 91, and 4C.

I mentioned the 17 in my OP and I been on the 4C twice, once on those old MCIs and once on the Orion. Left out the 4C cause it's an Express bus route while the others are pretty much local when their not on the highway.

75 and 91 I never knew they existed.

2 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I mentioned the 17 in my OP and I been on the 4C twice, once on those old MCIs and once on the Orion. Left out the 4C cause it's an Express bus route while the others are pretty much local when their not on the highway.

75 and 91 I never knew they existed.

Playland routes.

If you can get around to it, the BL-77 express along the Taconic State is also a nice ride.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

BEE LINE BUS CRASH THIS MORNING IN MOUNT VERNON

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/11/01/mount-vernon-bus-crash/

Source: CBS New York

UPDATE: XDE60 UNIT 330 INVOLVED IN ACCIDENT WITH 2 CARS AT 7AM THIS MORNING.

Well, that's just great. I hope those injured recover quickly.

Certain drugs may be legal (or on the brink), but driving after using them specifically isn't for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...