R142/R142A Upgrade Discussion Thread

East New York

On 1/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, Around the Horn said:

I guess R142/As to (1)(2)(3) and R262s to (4)(5)(6) is the strategy

If that happens the (1) and (3) trains will have the R142/As Coming from the Jerome yard (Probably None, Some, or all of the R142s on the E 180th street or White plains road yard.) and the (2) and (5) trains will have R142s and R262s due to the change when the (5) reaches Nereid Avenue - 238th Street. And the (2) and (5) trains when they reach Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn College. The reason I’m confused about the (2) train is because they have R142s running so, The (2) will ride some R262s from the (5) and when the R262s come the (5) will still be running with R142s in my opinion or so. To continue this, The (4) and (6) trains will be full with R262s. And the problem with the (7) / <7> Trains is that their R188s have CBTC Equipped (Including the R142As from the Westchester Yard being converted to R188s.) If the flushing line can have R262s (I think not or whatever.) The (1) and (3) lines will have R142/As and some R188s (If the (7) will have R262s as a prediction.) Well, These are my thoughts and reflecting my ideas about what will happen, Correct me if I’m wrong with something.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, Enjineer said:

Sort of a side note, but I've always wondered why the R142s and R160s with Alstom propulsion sound quite similar, yet each have distinct differences? Is it just a difference in time between manufacturing, or something else? I know Wikipedia at least lists both having the same model (4LCA1640A) of Alstom Onyx motors, so I've always wondered as to the sound differences between them. 

I just wished that the R142s can sound perfectly like the R160s...

• Cait Sith unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Today when I was on the 2 train some R142 on the 2 and 5 line did not upgraded new announcements like Franklin Avenue Medgar Evers college and President street Medgar Evers college because they rename both station so they gotta fix it all remaining new announcements Franklin Avenue and President street with Medgar Evers college and about Franklin Avenue Medgar Evers college when the announcements on R142 and R142A didn't say on the 5 train didn't say transfer to the 2, 3, and on the 4 train and Franklin Avenue shuttle, on the 4 train transfer to the 2, 3, and 5 train and Franklin Avenue shuttle and on the 2 train transfer to the 3, 4, and 5 train and the Franklin Avenue shuttle because other people confused about transfer at Franklin Avenue when the announcements mess up with transfer available so they gotta fix it to make it better so they will know about transfer is available at Franklin to make the announcement reliable better  

Edited by Rigojefte Galo

9 hours ago, Rigojefte Galo said:

Today when I was on the 2 train some R142 on the 2 and 5 line did not upgraded new announcements like Franklin Avenue Medgar Evers college and President street Medgar Evers college because they rename both station so they gotta fix it all remaining new announcements Franklin Avenue and President street with Medgar Evers college and about Franklin Avenue Medgar Evers college when the announcements on R142 and R142A didn't say on the 5 train didn't say transfer to the 2, 3, and on the 4 train and Franklin Avenue shuttle, on the 4 train transfer to the 2, 3, and 5 train and Franklin Avenue shuttle and on the 2 train transfer to the 3, 4, and 5 train and the Franklin Avenue shuttle because other people confused about transfer at Franklin Avenue when the announcements mess up with transfer available so they gotta fix it to make it better so they will know about transfer is available at Franklin to make the announcement reliable better  

huh?

13 hours ago, Rigojefte Galo said:

Slow down.