5 trains running every 20 minutes

Armandito

The (4) is at it again. Switch problems at Mosholu Parkway, which added 20 minutes to my commute from work. We were told to board the Bx32 bus at Burnside Avenue (where most trains were terminating) which is VERY ill-equipped to handle massive (and angry!) (4) train commuters going towards Woodlawn. And that bus only goes as far as Kingsbridge Road before veering off towards the VA Hospital.

From now on, I'm taking the (1) train straight to 238th Street and walking the rest of the way to school. Lehman College is only a 10-15 minute walk from that station.

As I said before, I'm fleeing the Bronx after graduation for good. I don't get why Bronxites always get the worst subway service in the city...

Just now, Lil 57 said:

Don't forget about the (A) in the Rockaways. 20-24 minutes on weekends.

But that's because there's not a lot of ridership at the Rockaway stations to begin with. The Bronx has lots of ridership, and yet our service is almost always littered with impromptu delays and irregular service <_<

26 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

The (4) is at it again. Switch problems at Mosholu Parkway, which added 20 minutes to my commute from work. We were told to board the Bx32 bus at Burnside Avenue (where most trains were terminating) which is VERY ill-equipped to handle massive (and angry!) (4) train commuters going towards Woodlawn. And that bus only goes as far as Kingsbridge Road before veering off towards the VA Hospital.

From now on, I'm taking the (1) train straight to 238th Street and walking the rest of the way to school. Lehman College is only a 10-15 minute walk from that station.

As I said before, I'm fleeing the Bronx after graduation for good. I don't get why Bronxites always get the worst subway service in the city...

Not so fast, partner:

image0.png

19 minutes ago, lara8710 said:

At least this is more predictable than the trash service I get on the (4) train (and the (D) to a lesser extent).

True. GO’s aside, the (1) seems more reliable in general, especially during off-peak hours. I haven’t ridden it enough during rush hour to judge how it runs during that time however.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:10 PM, j express said:

The (5) basically primary serves Dyre Av line by itself and south of East 180 St it shares tracks with the (2) and (4) . Looking at the ridership figures, the Dyre Av stations get low ridership on weekends compared to lines like Pelham, White Plains Rd, and Jerome. So I can see why the MTA reduces the (5) to every 20 minutes when there is work on Lex. 

People avoid the (5) on weekends because the damn line has been running intermittently for over a decade during weekends.

9 minutes ago, josephnyy42 said:

People avoid the (5) on weekends because the damn line has been running intermittently for over a decade during weekends.

But what I still don't understand is why the (5) keeps shutting down on weekends. I don't think it's because the tracks need constant repair, but rather because it's a ploy enacted by disgraced construction firms who do business with the (MTA) and pay them mountains of cash to have them perform unnecessary construction. Just wait till the (MTA) decides to discontinue late night and weekend (5) service should another slew of budget cuts take place, which is tough luck because NONE of the buses in the neighborhood where I live operate overnight 😠

Archived