The A train...

Lefferts Blvd X

Im just curious...why is it that the (A) gets no love? I mean, the ta always tests new equipment, (r160 in particular) on the (A) but always recieve either garbage trains (r44, r38), or from other yards (r40m/42, r68-from what im hearing)...when is the ta gonna show my (A) some love and get some new cars? Please someone shed some light...

I like the R40M/42 myself, but i could do without the R44 and R38 mostly...

The R-38 runs on the C. I've never seen it run on the A. The R-44 is good too. I like the barriers they have near the doors. Keeps from people crowding into your face with their bags or ass when the A train is full.

The R-38 runs on the C. I've never seen it run on the A. The R-44 is good too. I like the barriers they have near the doors. Keeps from people crowding into your face with their bags or ass when the A train is full.

I love the (A) and (D) as top IND routes

You have never seen a 38 in your life on the (A)??

Ive been on it loads of times this yr, but as of a month ago havent seen one cuz of the 40m/42

there is one 10 set r38 on the (A) tho, im tryin to catch that~~

Im just curious...why is it that the (A) gets no love? I mean, the ta always tests new equipment, (r160 in particular) on the (A) but always recieve either garbage trains (r44, r38), or from other yards (r40m/42, r68-from what im hearing)...when is the ta gonna show my (A) some love and get some new cars? Please someone shed some light...

New tech cars can't run in the rockaways due to power issues because LIPA provides the power out there, so that eliminates them from running trains to Far Rock AND Rock Park/Beach 116. They also don't like to run them out there b/c of the salt water exposure; it can age a car's metal parts faster. Also, 207 yard is the dead line, so typically the (A) and particularly the (C) is where cars will spend their last days because they can run the cars right into the ground then get them to the yard and into the ocean they go. Completely unlike taking a car from ENY, running it into the ground, and then making a complicated mass move to 207 that affects a number of Manhattan trunk lines.

The windscreen is the best thing about the 44's. Coats are not made to be worn on the head...like on a 46.

Obviously you haven't been riding the subway for long. Until about nine months ago, the overhauled 38's continuously ran on the A for nearly 20 years.

The windscreen is the best thing about the 44's. Coats are not made to be worn on the head...like on a 46.

Obviously you haven't been riding the subway for long. Until about nine months ago, the overhauled 38's continuously ran on the A for nearly 20 years.

I've been riding the NYC Subway for a VERY long time. Been riding them pretty for 10+ years. Thank you very much.

Archived