Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, thui001 said:

just one question, prior to the exam date June 8, do i need to have a learner permit for a class B CDL? will this be too late? 

You dont have to have your CDL since you wont be called until let's say 2022.

Edited by Lawrence St

• Harry featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Diceman225 said:

Are any questions from the Cdl book going to be on the exam like airbrake and endorsement questions? or only civil service type questions.?

From taking Bus Operator Exam 2613, 4600, 7612 & 9604, followed by this one this upcoming summer, I highly doubt there will be any CDL questions. If there are any, it won't go into detail with the airbrakes or the "P" endorsement or anything like that.

If anything, if you carefully examine the fourth and fifth pages of the Notice of Examination, it tells you right there what's going to be on the exam. As a personal suggestion, the best study tools to use are this and this NYPD Test Prep Kits. In the event you're questioning me about why this is, I have two things to say:

First, all of the other books that I have looked at, including this one, are useless. Not only are 90% of the questions out of this book 'irrelevant,' but the exam will contain a memorization section. The NYPD Test Prep Kits do contain a memorization section.

By the way, I just got my admission letter for this exam: Sunday, June 9th, AM Session at Midwood High School!!

Edited by +Young+

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

From taking Bus Operator Exam 2613, 4600, 7612 & 9604, followed by this one this upcoming summer, I highly doubt there will be any CDL questions. If there are any, it won't go into detail with the airbrakes or the "P" endorsement or anything like that.

If anything, if you carefully examine the fourth and fifth pages of the Notice of Examination, it tells you right there what's going to be on the exam. As a personal suggestion, the best study tools to use are this and this NYPD Test Prep Kits. In the event you're questioning me about why this is, I have two things to say:

First, all of the other books that I have looked at, including this one, are useless. Not only are 90% of the questions out of this book 'irrelevant,' but the exam will contain a memorization section. The NYPD Test Prep Kits do contain a memorization section.

By the way, I just got my admission letter for this exam: Sunday, June 9th, AM Session at Midwood High School!!

Me too but it is the PM session

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ I got my letter but it got wet in my bag and got damaged, is there anyway I can request a duplicate?

You can go down to the lobby of 180 Livingston Street to request a duplicate in person. If you're unable to, when you go to take the test, inform the security guard that you lost or 'misplaced' your admission letter. He/she will let you into the lobby to request a duplicate from NYC Transit personnel. Then you can show them the original and see if it's valid. If not, they'll give you a duplicate letter right there and then.

You're not the only one. Things happen, and, after the list gets published and eventually expires, it's not going to matter.

@+Young+ Hey I see you post often on these forums, I've been looking for a thread for exam 9309 for a couple days but I haven't been able to find any. I signed up for this exam the other week. Was there going to be like an official thread for that exam? Or could I ask a couple questions here

1 hour ago, snooby said:

@+Young+ Hey I see you post often on these forums, I've been looking for a thread for exam 9309 for a couple days but I haven't been able to find any. I signed up for this exam the other week. Was there going to be like an official thread for that exam? Or could I ask a couple questions here

You can actually use this thread. A lot of the information is the same as the prior exam, plus this thread only contains 11 pages from the prior exam.

Good luck!!

2 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

I had my license suspended a few times, in August my latest one will be removed from my DMV abstract and I’ll be clear, should I even bother taking the exam?

Definitely!! The reason why is because, once the exam is administered, it'll probably take them at least a year to 18 months to publish the list, which they call people off of. Once they publish the list, which is good for four [4] years, they call people in order. If they call you too soon, in which the suspension would still be on your abstract, since they do look at it for the past three years, you can always restore your name to the list. Once you do, your list number will remain the same, in which you'll probably have first priority depending upon the situation that's going on at that time.

Edited by +Young+

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ Hello, is there a way how I can reschedule the test to something later on in the day or a different day if I can? I have two important things i have to get done. Thanks

I highly doubt it. You can try to e-mail them at examsunit@nyct.com and see what happens, however, from my experience, I highly doubt it.

Sorry...

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

It said something about a makeup test date on the email, that's why I asked.

From what I' read in the email, it says about the status of a make-up.

20 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Ok well since this is going to be my 2nd time missing this test (just my luck), will it be taken against me and can I try again for the next one?

Nothing will be taken against you and you can definitely try again for the next exam.