Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

UPDATE.....

I called again this morning and I was told that next year classes are for MTA Bus and MaBOTSA. And that TA has a few more classes this year, even this Month. Confused...

Although I am not here to criticize you, I do have a few things to say based on your last post:

-First of all, from reading the posts of other members, if you call them, they will do whatever they need to do to get off the phone with you as fast as possible. My strong suggestion is to check out this webpage (in which you can type either your last name or "Bus Operator" into the search box) or this webpage. After all, this is "Civil Service," and, it would not be fair to someone who restored their name to a prior list, such as 7612 or 9604 if the agency calls you first before them. After all, just like with other City agencies, the Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) needs to certify a list of names to the agency, such as New York City Transit, before they can hire people.

(As far as 4600 is concerned, as of now, this list is set to expire in early January, so we will see what happens, respectively.)

-Second, you are aware that there are only six [6] more weeks left in this 2022 calendar year, right? Therefore, your second sentence does not sound right, especially if the HR Department does not "certify" a list of names within the next week.

-Third, mind I ask, when did you take your last drug (urine) test? When did you go for your physical, also known as the medical examination? The reason why I am asking is because the drug (urine) tests are good for thirty (30) calendar days, and the physicals and the pre-employment paperwork are good for ninety (90) calendar days. Therefore, you will probably and most likely have to start from scratch. The good news is that, if you have your pre-employment packet electronically saved, you just need to update your information (if necessary), change the date, and you should be good to go.

Good luck!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

8 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

UPDATE.....

I called again this morning and I was told that next year classes are for MTA Bus and MaBOTSA. And that TA has a few more classes this year, even this Month. Confused cause i was told by St Jean that since i didn't make the 9/25 class that I'd be in the next one. Smh list number is 3xx.

Hey Just be patient. I know youre impatient and excited as you should be. I was there. You get excited for health benefits, increase pay, future trips to other parts of the world. :(  Driving a bus esp a commercial MTA bus for the first time could be intimidating. Plus those trainers already been in the game years and are far removed from that first feeling of excitement, hope etc. Theyre going to lean in on being an a**hole/verbal abuse and that depends on the trainer you get. If you or anyone fail it may not be that you cant drive the bus. A lot of factors. In my case I failed the first time the instructor felt like i wasn't ready to drive a bus,:rolleyes: the second failure was over steer and had to reverse in an intersection, 3rd failure i was unfamiliar with the roads in the bronx/the sun was being a hater. I wasnt God's favourite during that time. It really was an emotionally taxing exp but it was fun and my class was good and my first instructor he was :rock: . The failure plus you cant try again for BO for 5 years is some'n brutal.

But hennywho :deadhorse: good luck

Edited by misslo

Oh and one more thing. If you have money and time maybe get your CDL - blah blah I know MTA will train but at least you eliminate one major step. Cuz if you go all the way to the 3rd day and say pass on the 3rd day, i think you only get one chance to pass with the DMV road test. I think. But I know if you have your CDL and pass the MTA road test you go straight into line training plus get to ride the other buses.

damn I wish I had the contacts of my classmates. I wonder how theyre doing.

No clue when the next TA class will be, but if y’all get on before, JANUARY 15th, consider signing up for the promotion to dispatcher exam. 

Likely don’t know what a dispatcher even if or why you would wanna sign up for a test you know nothing about but you may thank yourself in a few years if you’re able to make it before the application deadline 

11 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

No clue when the next TA class will be, but if y’all get on before, JANUARY 15th, consider signing up for the promotion to dispatcher exam. 

Likely don’t know what a dispatcher even if or why you would wanna sign up for a test you know nothing about but you may thank yourself in a few years if you’re able to make it before the application deadline 

u gotta be on the job 3 years b4 u even think about becoming a dispatcher… Next class November 20th good luck to who ever goin in this Sunday 

22 hours ago, Boo Bear said:

Question?    Do I have to have my name restored with DCAS again?    I went 8/25. For drug test. And heard nothing after that.    or do I just wait ?

If you haven't heard anything, just wait. With the fact that the agency did not hire off of Exam 2611 the last time around, it seems that your list number for this particular examination is on the "high" side, meaning that they did not get to you. Therefore, when they reach out to you, be prepared to start from scratch, including handing in a newer version of your pre-employment packet. If you electonically saved the last one, all you need to do is update the information (if necessary), change the date, and you should be good to go!

If you wish to speak to someone to confirm this, call DCAS at 212-669-1357. Press option "0" and ask to speak to the List, Management and Audit unit, Monday to Friday, in between 9 AM and 5 PM.

4 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Next class November 20th good luck to who ever goin in this Sunday 

Source? There is a TA class starting this Sunday out of Zerega, right? According to this webpage, the last certification was over three [3] months ago...this doesn't sound right... 

(My apologies if I criticize you, I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible, that's all.)

Edited by +Young+

4 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

u gotta be on the job 3 years b4 u even think about becoming a dispatcher… Next class November 20th good luck to who ever goin in this Sunday 

Yes, be on the job 3 years in order to be promoted. But you don’t gotta be 3 years on the job to take the test. 

I’m just approaching 12 months on the job and will be taking it. Plenty of probies take it, and right around the time the test is taken, graded, and they start calling off the list, will be a couple years anyway. 

Again, if anyone is able to get hired before the filing for the test close on January 15th, 2022, pay for the test and study for it. If you don’t plan on being a driver for 25 years (you don’t), a promotion to dispatcher is a good way to get out the seat. 

likely won’t mean much to those not even on the job yet but you’ll see once you’re on 

6 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Wow!! So it was true... November 20th 😔😔 idk what's going on at 180. Hopefully you made it in. I don't think anyone else in forum did. 

I don't care what anyone says. Persistent's pays off. There is a Class this Sunday and another one on December 4th. After call after call to so many different numbers the 2nd hiring manager to St Jean ( I guess he's out of the office for awhile) called me and said "you've been calling ALOT" with attitude 😅 "How can i help you" 

So i told her how i was supposed to be in 9/25 TA class but it reached capacity before it got to me. So now i have an appointment for my 3RD drug test on Friday and hopefully I'll be in The 12/4 TA class. I told her my medical expires on the 8th. She said " Ok the class is December 4th" lol 

30 minutes ago, Boo Bear said:

A friend of mine just got email to report November 22. From exam 2611… I got nothing 

WTF. Iam from 9618. What is 180 going 

out of seniority order

Their just picking random candidates at this point cause i definitely should've been in this Sunday's class. I'm list 3xx. If i hadn't bugged the mess out of them, I wouldn't be drug testing tomorrow morning.... I know it. With sooo many applicants it's easy to fall through the cracks. I suggest just keep calling and calling. Forget being "patient" when you could possibly get unintentionally skipped. I'm only taking my drug test tomorrow cause i did call and call and call....And call. They know me by 1st name now 😬😬

Edited by HeadhunterCali
Typos

On 11/17/2022 at 7:37 PM, Boo Bear said:

Got a phone call before I called these

numbers. I was asked to report Saturday at 900am 180 Livingston for a drug test… the gentleman said they are trying to get me in to the 12/4 class

Good luck to everyone I will keep you all

Posted

Hey how'd go today? Yesterday i was there at 630a and out by 12pm.

Timeline....

Day 1 August 22nd

Day 2 September 8th ( had to take 2nd drug test cause 9/25 class would be after my 1st one) Waited from 12pm to 830p to take it.

Temporarily took name off list, then quickly restored it. (Missed out on the 9/25 class)

3rd Drug Test November 18th

Final Processing November 29th

Zegera class December 4th. 😊😋

Edited by HeadhunterCali
Typos

Well i was finally sworn in today. I start class Sunday ( last class of the Year, next class is in February and rumored to have 100-200 Students). Guys make sure to upload your day1 pre employment packet to your email/Icloud. They "missplaced" mine and luckily i had it saved and emailed it right then and there. Final Processing is so much smoother... you're one on one with the interviewer and your out in a few hours. I definitely will keep everyone updated with the ends n outs of training. I also don't Wanna just DISSAPPEAR what's I'm in... I would like to come back to the forum from time to time and give advice and feedback and encouragement with the pre employment process and probation. Anyways... good luck and congratulations to the guys who made it into Sundays class! 😊