Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

3 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Okay. Its the physiology question that have me wondering how I did. Does the physiology test has a score # or % passed? 

If you're referring to the BOSS, it's a pass/fail. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, if you got at least 54 of them correct, 54 divided by 75 equals 0.72, which is 72%, and I know for the civil service exams, you need a 70% or higher to pass. Therefore, if you got 5 wrong on the BOSS, 8 wrong, 10 wrong, in the long run, it does not make a difference.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

If you're referring to the BOSS, it's a pass/fail. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, if you got at least 54 of them correct, 54 divided by 75 equals 0.72, which is 72%, and I know for the civil service exams, you need a 70% or higher to pass. Therefore, if you got 5 wrong on the BOSS, 8 wrong, 10 wrong, in the long run, it does not make a difference.

Hi Young, Is your final result is base solely on the BOSS(physiology) result? For example,  if someone score a 100% but scored a 72% on the BOSS then that 72% will assign you a list #?

1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Hi Young, Is your final result is base solely on the BOSS(physiology) result? For example,  if someone score a 100% but scored a 72% on the BOSS then that 72% will assign you a list #?

No. Your final result is from the 60-multiple choice questions which were the first part of Exam 9618. The second part, the BOSS, is a pass/fail, as I already described.

4 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

No. Your final result is from the 60-multiple choice questions which were the first part of Exam 9618. The second part, the BOSS, is a pass/fail, as I already described.

Got it! Thank you. 

How about if you took a BOSS exam for lets say exam no. 7612 and you passed that one. And lets fast forward to this exam no, 9618 if you took BOSS for this exam and you failed the boss for 9618.....which one counts? Exam no.7612 or 9618?

6 hours ago, train1290 said:

How about if you took a BOSS exam for lets say exam no. 7612 and you passed that one. And lets fast forward to this exam no, 9618 if you took BOSS for this exam and you failed the boss for 9618.....which one counts? Exam no.7612 or 9618?

Both count. The reason why is because, if you look at the Notice of Examination for 7612, that exam was administered in October of 2017, and the results from the BOSS are only valid for one [1] calendar year. Therefore, if you passed the BOSS for 7612, but failed the BOSS for 9618, you're out of luck with 9618.

Sorry...

Posted (edited)

I'm so scared of the physiology test. I hope I pass both tests. My gosh...

Edited by sisslims29

Ok,  how about if you failed the BOSS for exam 7612 but passed it for exam no. 9618?

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 7:13 PM, train1290 said:

Ok,  how about if you failed the BOSS for exam 7612 but passed it for exam no. 

If you pass Boss for 9618 then that's the exam they will recognize and call for you. They cannot use Boss 9618 pass for your 7612 fail that was administered last year. 

Edited by sisslims29

5 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

They cannot use Boss 9618 pass for your 7612 fail that was administered last year. 

To be "technical," if you look at the Notices of Examination for both 7612 and 9618, exam 7612 was given in October of 2017, and exam 9618 was given in June of 2019. And since the results from the BOSS exam are valid for one calendar year, and nothing more, you are out of luck.

Sorry...