Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
+Young+

Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam.

While we are waiting for this list to be published, you might want to check out this and this YouTube video. Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

Let say a person gets a 90%. Will they get a call back? Or that's consider a low score?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ryamix said:

1 wrong from memory, 3 wrong from the rest. Damn shape question lol Should I bother holding out hope? There were A LOT of people. How long do people hear back, usually?

Definitely! Although the list will not be published for at least a year, from what you mentioned, you got a 93.33%. That's good, however we have to wait and see how many other people got the same score as you or scored better.

13 minutes ago, Felcel said:

Let say a person gets a 90%. Will they get a call back? Or that's consider a low score?

Definitely!! You need a 70% or better to pass, therefore if you get a 90, that's considered, in my opinion, a high score. However, we have to officially wait until the list comes out and we'll take it from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope its not like the FDNY exam. I got a 96 and never heard back from them. Hopefully this list is established asap so I can find out what my score is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys remembered how questions were for the memorization questions? I got #7 wrong and isn't sure if that was a memorization question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ryamix said:

1 wrong from memory, 3 wrong from the rest. Damn shape question lol Should I bother holding out hope? There were A LOT of people. How long do people hear back, usually?

Which # from the memorization you got wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Felcel said:

I just hope its not like the FDNY exam. I got a 96 and never heard back from them. Hopefully this list is established asap so I can find out what my score is.

You will get call back pending on if you pass the second part, Boss. I think they may not call until maybe two years from now. But you stand great so far for a call back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Do you guys remembered how questions were for the memorization questions? I got #7 wrong and isn't sure if that was a memorization question.

From taking the test that Sunday morning, there were indeed seven multiple-choice questions. I know #7 was the hardest and least expected question and I took an educated guess for that particular question on the day of the exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

From taking the test that Sunday morning, there were indeed seven multiple-choice questions. I know #7 was the hardest and least expected question and I took an educated guess for that particular question on the day of the exam.

Okay. I think the question was about a street direction and the compass. I did not see the compass to even looked at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: the Protest Review day, do they reread the questions and give the correct answers. Or do they just read out the answers and if you question it you go up to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Question: the Protest Review day, do they reread the questions and give the correct answers. Or do they just read out the answers and if you question it you go up to them?

From the last one I went for the one I did in december. They just give you the test booklet and a few answer sheet and basically you argue (write) why your answer is correct, if they said its wrong. I did ok on this one I don't feel feel the need to protest.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, misslo said:

From the last one I went for the one I did in december. They just give you the test booklet and a few answer sheet and basically you argue (write) why your answer is correct, if they said its wrong. I did ok on this one I don't feel feel the need to protest.

Oh so they give you the exam booklet. Kool, that means you got a great score.

Edited by sisslims29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sisslims29 said:

Oh so they give you the exam booklet. Kool, that means you got a great score.

Yeah.  I got a 83.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, misslo said:

From the last one I went for the one I did in december. They just give you the test booklet and a few answer sheet and basically you argue (write) why your answer is correct, if they said its wrong. I did ok on this one I don't feel feel the need to protest.

They also give you the memorization booklet as well so you can compare your answers with the "map" that we had to memorize.

A score of 83 is not bad, however with the fact that I personally got 6 incorrect questions, I'm going to make an effort to go. I was personally hoping for a higher score...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

They also give you the memorization booklet as well so you can compare your answers with the "map" that we had to memorize.

A score of 83 is not bad, however with the fact that I personally got 6 incorrect questions, I'm going to make an effort to go. I was personally hoping for a higher score...

83 is a great score. Yes, I would to attend the Protest Review that is why I ask do they give the booklet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you passed the test you'll get called. They went through exam 4600 with 7000 people like butter and called e everyone, 7612 hasn't been out a year yet and they're up to 1000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

As long as you passed the test you'll get called. They went through exam 4600 with 7000 people like butter and called e everyone, 7612 hasn't been out a year yet and they're up to 1000.

1000, where did you hear of this? 1000 officially hired?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, train1290 said:

1000, where did you hear of this? 1000 officially hired?

Up to around list number 1000 on exam 7612, everyone gets called depending on if they pass. Just make sure to have a CDL permit or license by the time they call you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

Up to around list number 1000 on exam 7612, everyone gets called depending on if they pass. Just make sure to have a CDL permit or license by the time they call you.

Not sure what you are saying because my list number is 7** and still here waiting to hear from them. Ms. Chestnut claimed no hiring at this time and I asked her how come because I know people with higher listed number got processed.  She said whatever. I don't know what to do. Calling her number will not make a difference if that's what she'll tell me again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Not sure what you are saying because my list number is 7** and still here waiting to hear from them. Ms. Chestnut claimed no hiring at this time and I asked her how come because I know people with higher listed number got processed.  She said whatever. I don't know what to do. Calling her number will not make a difference if that's what she'll tell me again.

First, can we please stay on-topic? You are aware that Exam 7612 has it's own thread, right?

Second, if you personally feel that you're "pissed off" by their "Employment Operations" Department, you're not the only one. If you wish to complain, but don't know how to, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First, can we please stay on-topic? You are aware that Exam 7612 has it's own thread, right?

Second, if you personally feel that you're "pissed off" by their "Employment Operations" Department, you're not the only one. If you wish to complain, but don't know how to, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there.

We are staying on thread. The person was referring where they are up to and I was stating that I am not sure about that and explained why.

Secondly, I am not pissed off. Whenever MTA decided to call me, they call me and my timing will be the right timing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 5 wrong none of which was the memorization section (to my surprise) but I still will attend the protest just to see what specific questions I got wrong. 55 out of 60 rounds up to 92%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BixBash said:

I got 5 wrong none of which was the memorization section (to my surprise) but I still will attend the protest just to see what specific questions I got wrong. 55 out of 60 rounds up to 92%

Nice! Was your #7 incorrect? That's the one I got wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sisslims29 said:

Nice! Was your #7 incorrect? That's the one I got wrong. 

I took the test June 9th during the PM session at Midwood high school. I'm not sure if you did the same but number 7 for me was a picture of a sign that you had to identify. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BixBash said:

I took the test June 9th during the PM session at Midwood high school. I'm not sure if you did the same but number 7 for me was a picture of a sign that you had to identify. 

Yes, I was there. I don't recalled the question. ButbI got #7 question whatever it was wrong. Was that the question you got wrong though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.