Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

4 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

How would i be good with the requirements if I've had my NYC CDL for less than 3 years???

And even if they start calling people in about two year and a half and they call you early, you can always go in and they will have you restore your name when your license hit three years. By then everyone will not all be hire by the time your license hit three year. You will be fine. 

Has anyone noticed that the amendment letter for the license requirements say it’s  for MaBstoa, I was wondering if this b significant because I was considering taking their exam for bus operator, sign up is at the end of the month

7 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Has anyone noticed that the amendment letter for the license requirements say it’s  for MaBstoa, I was wondering if this b significant because I was considering taking their exam for bus operator, sign up is at the end of the month

I see what you're referring to, however they sent out a similar e-mail for MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100 the week prior, so they probably forgot to change it.

I wouldn't say it's 'significant,' it's just that MaBSTOA & MTA Bus Company has the same requirements once you're ready to report to Livingston Street for employment processing. That's all...

Thanks @+Young+, one last thing, In terms of arrest history and conviction history, I have no Felonise, nor have I been to Rikers. But I did have several arrests,  most of them for Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, and two for possession of marijuana in my teens.  Anyway all that stuff is in the past and cleared, my 4 year abstract I have no suspensions and I only have two points. I heard that NYCT is a civil service so they are a little stricter, just wanted to know what are my chances? Ive been clean for years(from weed) and I live like a hermit now.

1 hour ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Thanks @+Young+, one last thing, In terms of arrest history and conviction history, I have no Felonise, nor have I been to Rikers. But I did have several arrests,  most of them for Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, and two for possession of marijuana in my teens.  Anyway all that stuff is in the past and cleared, my 4 year abstract I have no suspensions and I only have two points. I heard that NYCT is a civil service so they are a little stricter, just wanted to know what are my chances? Ive been clean for years(from weed) and I live like a hermit now.

As long as you disclose it, and you bring your disposition certificates, you will be fine. They will do a background check on you, so it's better to disclose it up front than not to disclose it altogether.

In addition, none of us are 100% "angels." Therefore, as long as you bring those dispositions, you will be fine.

Hey guys I’ve been reading up on other forums, and I was wondering since they gave the BOSS exam the same day as the 9618 exam, are they attempting to expedite the process of hiring ?  Just so that will be great, I do have patience so I don’t mind waiting, but I would love to start driving buses, I’ve wanted this job so bad for a while, couldn’t do it in my 20s because my license issues and now that I finally put myself in a position to do so,  I’m itching to get started lol

9 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Hey guys I’ve been reading up on other forums, and I was wondering since they gave the BOSS exam the same day as the 9618 exam, are they attempting to expedite the process of hiring ?  Just so that will be great, I do have patience so I don’t mind waiting, but I would love to start driving buses, I’ve wanted this job so bad for a while, couldn’t do it in my 20s because my license issues and now that I finally put myself in a position to do so,  I’m itching to get started lol

The original problem was that they would give the BOSS on another day, and there were too many scheduling conflicts. Now they gave both exams together and they don't need the candidates to come back a second time to take the BOSS exam.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:36 AM, +Young+ said:

The exam had two parts: The first part, which included the memorization portion, was the civil service exam. This part was 60 questions and the score you get from that will determine your list number (higher the score, lower the list number & lower the score, higher the list number).

The second part, which was 75 questions was the BOSS exam. This part is a pass/fail score. In other words, if you got one or two or three incorrect answers, in the long run it doesn't matter. However, if you got a lot of incorrect answers, then you're out of luck.

Do you have to take the Boss exam for 9618 ? From my understanding I thought you just had to take the multiple choice questions.

2 hours ago, Theenz said:

Do you have to take the Boss exam for 9618 ? From my understanding I thought you just had to take the multiple choice questions.

We already did! That was the second part to the multiple choice exam, which consisted of 75 questions which we had to use the "blue" answer sheet. Remember?