Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

Message added by +Young+

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam.

While we are waiting for this list to be published, you might want to check out this and this YouTube video. Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!

any updates on where they are with the previous lists? and what is an updated educated guess for when the list is to be created for exam 9618?  back in april Young said up to 5 years then few months ago said maybe up to 3 years.  what about now? any changes or is it the same? thanks

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Diceman225 said:

any updates on where they are with the previous lists? and what is an updated educated guess for when the list is to be created for exam 9618?  back in april Young said up to 5 years then few months ago said maybe up to 3 years.  what about now? any changes or is it the same? thanks

First of all, let me say that COVID-19, and possibly the economic "aftershock" of COVID-19, from my perspective, has affected most things in one way or another. Therefore, as of now, I'm still going to go with my educated guess, which can be found towards the bottom of the previous page. The good news is that the HR Department of NYC Transit has begun canvassing people off of the 9604 list. However, since the list from Exam 7612 doesn't expire for another two years, and since they just started with the list from Exam 9604, we just have to see what happens. Keep in mind that, as per "Civil Service" rules and regulations, a Candidate can restore their name to a "Civil Service" list for a maximum of three [3] times.

As time evolves I should be able to provide a more concrete answer. In the meantime, keep an eye on the Exam 9604 thread to see how fast or slow to see how they are hiring people, which will be the foundation into my updated estimate guess. 

ok got you thanks, just for my own clarification the 18months, 2-3 years educated guess from april, is that from the time we took the test or from when you posted on april? . i got a 91 on the test but iam hoping wont be called until march-april 2022 as i am doing ok for now in current job and i have a few  things that i need take care of until then. with 9604 it took about 10months from establishment of list to people receiving emails to get things ready for appointment so if your educated guess is right for creation of list and if they start to only call 10 months after you would be correct in that it will be a while. I still need to get my permit but since in expires every 6 months and you have to renew, iam planning to take written exam maybe a few months after the list is created. thanks again for all you do on these forums and good luck to you and everyone else here, stay safe everyone , i have a feeling this winter things might start to get worse again with flu coming up and covid cases starting to rise again already.

2 hours ago, Diceman225 said:

ok got you thanks, just for my own clarification the 18months, 2-3 years educated guess from april, is that from the time we took the test...

Based on the way things are going, I don't anticipate the list for this particular exam to be released until March or April of 2022 the earliest, so you should be fine. You also need to keep in mind that with the list from Exam 9604, it took about 10 months from when the list was made public to people receiving e-mail messages which included the initial outbreak of COVID-19. Hopefully things will not get as bad as they were this past March or April, however, only time will tell.

Edited by +Young+
Clarification
  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, Mitchell Roman said:

How will I know if I passed exam 9618 . I did not receive any results from the test back in June 2019 .

First of all, welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you on board!

When you took the examination back in June of 2019, one of the pieces of paper which was on your desk was titled "Candidate's Record of Answers," which was either yellow or green. If you filled out this piece of paper with your answers, you can compare this with the answer key, which is located on this webpage. After you do so, you can calculate your score:

-If you got 42 questions correct, 42 divided by 60 equals 0.7, which is 70% (the lowest score to pass the exam, anything below this is failing)

-If you got 48 questions correct, 48 divided by 60 equals 0.8, which is 80%

-If you got 54 questions correct, 54 divided by 60 equals 0.9, which is 90%

As far as receiving your results for this particular exam, to this date, none of us received our results. With these Civil Service Exams, once the list is published, then we will get our results. The quickest way to find out your results is by typing your last name into the search box of this webpage. With all of the Civil Service Exams that I have taken, between NYC Transit and DCAS, this particular webpage is "instantly" updated with the results, compared to waiting for them either in an e-mail message or in the regular mail.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Clarification
  • Thanks 1