Questions regarding MTA B/O 7300 Examination

ilikecandycorn

Hi,

Wanted to know more about MTA Bus Operator TWU 100 (Fulltime).  I've been called in where I submitted my paperwork and did the drug test.  I was there since 7am for the 730am appointment.  The number was random and I ended up being the last person leaving the building around 520pm.  Wanted to know what's next?  I'm assuming during the drug test analyst they will conduct the background check then contact me.  But any insight into the highering process would be helpful.  Though I was curious how does Mabstoa or NYCTA compare?  Currently, this is the only bus operator list position I'm on.  I do have my CDL class B with passenger and school bus endorcement.  I past my roadtest last year.  But haven't used my license at all since then.  

I already work for NYC and wanted to know if what I have now would carry over easily.  I've been putting a lot of my money into the nyc.gov/deferredcomp 457k plan and was hoping to continue with it.  I've also invested slight under 2yrs with Nycers.  Does my 2yrs with a different city agency transfer over?  

Where is training and how long does that last?  How frequently will someone;s route and shift change?  I live on Staten Island, what is the likelyhood that I can receive a route in the borough that I live in?  I;m usually okay with directions but I like to have the gps on standby mode cause I like to see what the streets names are in advance.  Are gps not allowed?  I actually find them helpful and setting up the via points to match the bus route won't be hard at all.

How is vacation and holiday pay set up?  Can I choose to work on a day off adn use that day towards vacation time?  And how long can that vacation time last?  In my current job as long as you have time you can take off as long as you want.  Like if I volunteer for 20 days I can redeem if for a month off.  Is MTA set up like that as well?  I was goign to take some continuing adult education classes before I was told to come in.

Is it easy to be fired from MTA?  What happens if I get into a minor accident with the bus?  Im a careful driver but if that does happened are you easily fired?

Thanks.

• +Young+ changed the title to Hiring process questions

7 hours ago, ilikecandycorn said:

Hi,

Wanted to know more about MTA Bus Operator TWU 100 (Fulltime).  I've been called in where I submitted my paperwork and did the drug test....

Mind if I ask what the exam number is that you're being hired off of? Is it 4600, 7612, 4105, 7105, etc.?

Thanks.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:02 AM, ilikecandycorn said:

Hi,

Wanted to know more about MTA Bus Operator TWU 100 (Fulltime).  I've been called in where I submitted my paperwork and did the drug test...

On 2/20/2019 at 1:42 PM, ilikecandycorn said:

Hi, it's exam 7300.  I actually got an email to come in tomorrow...

So I'm actually going to refer you to the 7300 thread, which can be viewed here. To make a long story short: With this specific exam, you will not be able to work out of Staten Island and you will not be able to continue investing with NYCERS. Those features are connected with the NYC Transit Bus Operator positions, such as Exam 9618, which is currently open for filing until March 5th. The good news is that, if you're able to get in under the MTA Bus Company exam, you will not only have an easier time transferring from MTA Bus Company to NYC Transit, but you won't have to go through the 10-day training period again.

As far as the other questions, I would encourage you to view this thread. If you still have any questions, feel free to post them, preferably in the 7300 thread. It doesn't make sense to have multiple threads open for the same topic.

Thank you.

• +Young+ changed the title to Questions regarding MTA B/O 7300 Examination
  • +Young+ locked this topic

Archived