Metro North Rail Road 3/8/2019

Gacerra1

Anyone have information on MNRR track worker position? Took the entry test today. 

What is the pension program? 

What are the working hours/days? 

Is there such thing of having both MNRR and RailRoad retirement pensions?

If im based on long island will my assignments be grand central and then commute from there or will i have to report to a station on one of MNRR lines to begin my day  

When was the last contract? Do you guys forsee a salary hike in the future? Base pay is 20.66 i know that is considerably low compared to LIRR  

Any information is useful thanks in advance  

• 4 months later...

On 3/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, Gacerra1 said:

Anyone have information on MNRR track worker position? Took the entry test today. 

What is the pension program? 

What are the working hours/days? 

Is there such thing of having both MNRR and RailRoad retirement pensions?

If im based on long island will my assignments be grand central and then commute from there or will i have to report to a station on one of MNRR lines to begin my day  

When was the last contract? Do you guys forsee a salary hike in the future? Base pay is 20.66 i know that is considerably low compared to LIRR  

Any information is useful thanks in advance  

Yes, there is a MNRR pension, rail road retirement is a more strengthened version of Social Security.

Location-Can’t say for sure, but on my packet for Third Railman, it lists all the potential shops that I can be working at, so take a look if you still have a packet for your position.

contracts- I got this from the news: 

Contracts governing the vast majority of the authority’s unionized workforce are scheduled to expire this year.contracts with all Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) workers will expire in 2019, and contracts with approximately half of all unionized Metro-North Railroad (Metro-North) workers also will expire in 2019.

so Yes, we’ll get a new contract, but not anytime soon. Especially with this whole budget mess and job layoffs coming.