Bronx Bus Redesign: Existing Conditions Report

JubaionBx12+SBS

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Glad I don’t live in the municipality of Yonkers and their stupid rules. Now back to this (MTA) vs Yonkers thing. If Yonkers is getting (MTA) Metro-North services and the TA has the right to enter Yonkers territory.  We can’t preach regional transportation if (MTA) buses can’t enter Westchester or let alone Yonkers and it’s municipalities. (Hopefully the governor can over-ride that issue since he’s in charge) 

I’ll tell you straight up. I don’t really care too much for 🐝. However, if 🐝 have about 17 bus lines that enter New York City jurdisction (The Bronx) and (MTA) buses cannot fully enter Westchester. I have a problem with that. 

Bee Line is allowed to go into the Bronx because most of the southern routes connect with MTA Subway Stations which are usually far from the County Border. 

However adding the Bx9 to Getty Square could cause traffic conditions as the 1, 2 and 3 operate somewhat frequently, and Bx9 buses would clog up the Getty Square layover.

13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Bee Line is allowed to go into the Bronx because most of the southern routes connect with MTA Subway Stations which are usually far from the County Border. 

However adding the Bx9 to Getty Square could cause traffic conditions as the 1, 2 and 3 operate somewhat frequently, and Bx9 buses would clog up the Getty Square layover.

Fam, I really don’t care about that whether 🐝 is allowed to enter the Bronx because of their transit grid. From the current terminal of the Bx9 to Getty Square is about a mile roughly, and for the traffic aspect. Who cares. The whole metropolitan area suffers from that and Yonkers is no different than from The Bronx or Queens or Brooklyn or Manhattan.. I used to work in Yonkers and Bronxville and I’m well aware about the Yonkers traffic. 

However, if we are going to have some form of a regional network. The (MTA) has to explore options in operating in Yonkers, Mt Vernon and New Rochelle without the bull (politics). My rationale is that If Westchester services are utilized by (MTA) metro-north and (MTA) buses should be able to service Westchester. 

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Fam, I really don’t care about that whether 🐝 is allowed to enter the Bronx because of their transit grid. From the current terminal of the Bx9 to Getty Square is about a mile roughly, and for the traffic aspect. Who cares. The whole metropolitan area suffers from that and Yonkers is no different than from The Bronx or Queens or Brooklyn or Manhattan.. I used to work in Yonkers and Bronxville and I’m well aware about the Yonkers traffic. 

However, if we are going to have some form of a regional network. The (MTA) has to explore options in operating in Yonkers, Mt Vernon and New Rochelle without the bull (politics). My rationale is that If Westchester services are utilized by (MTA) metro-north and (MTA) buses should be able to service Westchester. 

And again, I forgot who but either MTA or Bee Line wants to cut the BxM3, there is no route, other then the original part of the Bx23 or the BxM3 that went or operates into Yonkers, because then conflicts start to emerge between MTA and LL.

9 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

And again, I forgot who but either MTA or Bee Line wants to cut the BxM3, there is no route, other then the original part of the Bx23 or the BxM3 that went or operates into Yonkers, because then conflicts start to emerge between MTA and LL.

It’s 🐝 and Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano (Former republican, now Democrat)  BxM3 Getty Square. However, if LL was still around we wouldn’t have this dog fight about the BxM3. I believe the BxM18 stops near the county line. (correct me if I’m wrong on this) 

53 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Radford cant fit artics in there since the last time an artic tried to go that way it got stuck and blocked traffic. It cant go via McClean because the turn radius is to tight from Broadway NB to Mclean EB.

Well yeah but look at the Q114 in Nassau. Almost the same thing. The main problem would be parking along Radford and managing the turn to accommodate the bus routes. A lot of work but not impossible.

12 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

However, if 🐝 have about 17 bus lines that enter New York City jurdisction (The Bronx) and (MTA) buses cannot fully enter Westchester. I have a problem with that. 

It’s a closed door thing - BeeLine only drops off once they enter the city, and picks up as they leave.

i believe (MTA) provides some funding for BeeLine, NICE and SCT, but don’t quote me on that.

11 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Notwithstanding Ed Mangano being horrible, NICE exists because (MTA) was bad at running MSABA.

It can’t even run NYCT well. So expanding its operations is a “No”.

But it is nice that all metrocards work on BeeLine and NICE - even the unlimiteds.

12 hours ago, Deucey said:

Notwithstanding Ed Mangano being horrible, NICE exists because (MTA) was bad at running MSABA.

It can’t even run NYCT well. So expanding its operations is a “No”.

But it is nice that all metrocards work on BeeLine and NICE - even the unlimiteds.

Lol dont remind me. 6 Bx9 buses back to back.

15 hours ago, Deucey said:

It’s a closed door thing - BeeLine only drops off once they enter the city, and picks up as they leave.

i believe (MTA) provides some funding for BeeLine, NICE and SCT, but don’t quote me on that.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, Future ENY OP said:

It’s 🐝 and Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano (Former republican, now Democrat)  BxM3 Getty Square. However, if LL was still around we wouldn’t have this dog fight about the BxM3. I believe the BxM18 stops near the county line. (correct me if I’m wrong on this) 

On 3/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Lawrence St said:

On 3/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, Future ENY OP said:

It's pretty simple, and I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this... It comes down to FUNDING and MONEY.  Westchester residents PAY TAXES for their transportation.  Therefore, they should PAY for their own bus service as they do now.  City services should serve NYC, not unless Westchester wants to PAY NYC to extend bus service into Westchester.  Metro-North is different because it's a railroad.  Before people go on on about how "horrible" it is that the Bx9 stops at the City borderline, learn how the funding of the service works.  It has NOTHING to do with being "cruel" or any of this other nonsense going on. We can't have an integrated regional network unless the funding sources are overhauled and everyone pays their FAIR SHARE. As it stands, the people in Westchester get a good deal because Metro-North is HEAVILY subsidized from monies from the boroughs.  People on Staten Island complain about how monies from the Verrazzano tolls go to subsidize Metro-North or the LIRR and they have a legitimate gripe.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• 1 month later...