R188 7 Express RFW - Queensboro Plaza to Flushing

Enjineer

On 3/20/2019 at 11:20 PM, Enjineer said:

Enjoy this very fast ride on a <7> from Queensboro Plaza to Flushing-Main St. We had a very good T/O, hitting 50 MPH just after 74 St, and entering Junction Blvd at just about 49(!) MPH. 

I noticed one very important thing: the train doesn’t crawl on the way down to Mets–Willets Point!

On 3/24/2019 at 7:25 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Very good T/O? I think you mean very good CBTC. 

The 7 currently runs under ATP-M, which means the T/O just operates the train as governed by CBTC. Some operators will go slower than others; the one I had was consistently reaching the CBTC limits and flying into stations (some will slow down at 90 St for Junction Blvd, etc.)

2 hours ago, Enjineer said:

The 7 currently runs under ATP-M, which means the T/O just operates the train as governed by CBTC. Some operators will go slower than others; the one I had was consistently reaching the CBTC limits and flying into stations (some will slow down at 90 St for Junction Blvd, etc.)

The fear of going too fast has been drilled into the humans.

21 hours ago, Enjineer said:

And that won't be an issue anymore once ATO begins soon :D

What we really need in the interim is to implement the horse and buddy buggy model. A supervisor should board the cab with a riding crop and … you can imagine the rest.

/s

Archived