Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Via Garibaldi 8

Teens Tampering With Subways

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is an old video, but apparently this is making a come back again...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trainfan22 said:

Video is from 2015...

I'm aware... I wrote below that it's happening again... I'm wondering how if the agency was aware of this problem back in 2015...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also were the culprits from 2015 ever caught?  What I saw in this video is disturbing, and basically similar things are happening now in 2019... I have to wonder what steps if any has the (MTA) taken to curb this because it clearly won't just quietly go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must we revisit this... Video equivalent of necroposting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Must we revisit this... Video equivalent of necroposting. 

Yes we must because it happened again apparently a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just put them in jail for 5 years. Sometimes the society/community is too nice for those a**hole kids/teens. I am sure the a**holes from this video was fined only. 

Edited by whz1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whz1995 said:

Just put them in jail for 5 years. Sometimes the society is too nice for those a**hole kids/teens. 

I saw this on another forum posted by a person taking the subway last week: 

Quote

I was in the last car of a downtown 5 train the other night and at 125th st station two teen guys, probably 17 years old, entered the car and opened the door to the train operator cab with a key. Those doors are locked and secured and cannot be accessed without the right key. how the hell did they get access to the key? As the train headed south they hit the horn and must have hit the panel of buttons repeatedly because at 59th st the lights turned out for a second and then the 5 train signage changed to ‘shuttle’ . The vandals escaped the train through the back door, traversing the outside of the train before jumping onto the platform. The train was probably sitting at 59th st station for about 20-30 minutes while the police and mta conductor checked out the back cab. The train was eventually put out of service. 

Who will be held accountable for this security breach? Will anybody be fired or reprimanded for not keeping that key guarded? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whz1995 said:

Just put them in jail for 5 years. Sometimes the society is too nice for those a**hole kids/teens. 

Yeah, no.

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I saw this on another forum posted by a person taking the subway last week: 

This is as old as time. In the 70s-80s it was stealing rollsigns right out of the boxes, same thing for years after. Subway surfing, trespassing, vandalism, whathaveyou. It's not the end of the world. Kids will always act like idiots, and the good thing about the way the world works is that dumb people are too dumb to avoid getting caught, and so eventually they'll get caught. Nobody should be "fired" as that dumb post suggests. These things come and go and it just isn't worth frothing at the mouth over. Least of all worth pointing fingers at employees who've done nothing wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Yeah, no.

This is as old as time. In the 70s-80s it was stealing rollsigns right out of the boxes, same thing for years after. Subway surfing, trespassing, vandalism, whathaveyou. It's not the end of the world. Kids will always act like idiots, and the good thing about the way the world works is that dumb people are too dumb to avoid getting caught, and so eventually they'll get caught. Nobody should be "fired" as that dumb post suggests. These things come and go and it just isn't worth frothing at the mouth over. Least of all worth pointing fingers at employees who've done nothing wrong.

This is all pretty obvious. I'm just wondering what preventive steps were taken (if any) from 2015 to now? For example this has happened several times recently with the buses in the last few months, and now the (MTA) is taking steps only after having several buses stolen for joy rides.  

So far they've been lucky that no one has been injured or killed, but luck doesn't last forever.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is all pretty obvious. I'm just wondering what preventive steps were taken (if any) from 2015 to now? For example this has happened several times recently with the buses in the last few months, and now the (MTA) is taking steps only after having several buses stolen for joy rides.  

So far they've been lucky that no one has been hurt or injured but luck doesn't last forever.

The thing you're doing, which is why it's annoying me, is the outraged citizen thing where everybody goes "What's being done?! What's happened?!" This is what happened with RTSes in Brooklyn last month: the MTA had a retirement plan to meet service needs, the outraged and misinformed public/journalists yelled at them, and now they've been forced to pursue a riskier plan. Of course the MTA has taken action on this and of course the professionals in the Transit Police department have worked on it. To act like nothing has happened and nobody has done their jobs in response is just being obtuse. The bus situation was a new event, and the entire thing was recorded on camera (a new innovation on recent orders) so it's all in NYPD hands.

Basically, this is the kind of whining I expect from the general public, but we're on a specialists' forum, so I think we can do better. If there's a real story, we can talk about it. But it's a waste of thread space just doing the "this is an outrage! We have to do something!" They're not all just asleep at the wheel. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is all pretty obvious. I'm just wondering what preventive steps were taken (if any) from 2015 to now? For example this has happened several times recently with the buses in the last few months, and now the (MTA) is taking steps only after having several buses stolen for joy rides.  

So far they've been lucky that no one has been hurt or injured but luck doesn't last forever.

Wow,where the hell did those ppl get the bus keys from?

Is MTA using the same key for same type of car/subway? Are the drives dedicated to a specific car/subway? If the answers were no, the only possibility is someone steals keys from keys room. ( I dont think they can duplicate those keys)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

The thing you're doing, which is why it's annoying me, is the outraged citizen thing where everybody goes "What's being done?! What's happened?!" This is what happened with RTSes in Brooklyn last month: the MTA had a retirement plan to meet service needs, the outraged and misinformed public/journalists yelled at them, and now they've been forced to pursue a riskier plan. Of course the MTA has taken action on this and of course the professionals in the Transit Police department have worked on it. To act like nothing has happened and nobody has done their jobs in response is just being obtuse. The bus situation was a new event, and the entire thing was recorded on camera (a new innovation on recent orders) so it's all in NYPD hands.

Basically, this is the kind of whining I expect from the general public, but we're on a specialists' forum, so I think we can do better. If there's a real story, we can talk about it. But it's a waste of thread space just doing the "this is an outrage! We have to do something!" They're not all just asleep at the wheel. 

What outrage?  I'm not outraged at all.  At the same time, I certainly find it troubling that teenagers have keys to subway cars and can just roam freely on a train in service.  I know you don't think it's troubling of course because nothing is ever a big deal to you, but that still doesn't answer my question, which is what steps has the (MTA) taken to curb this?  As long as there is no press on it, I'm sure they'll just go on as business as usual, and that's the problem with this agency. Always reactive and not proactive.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whz1995 said:

Wow,where the hell did those ppl get the bus keys from?

Is MTA using the same key for same type of car/subway? Are the drives dedicated to a specific car/subway? If the answers were no, the only possibility is someone steals keys from keys room. ( I dont think they can duplicate those keys)

For the buses, they didn't need keys.  Some sort of pushing mechanism. The (MTA) is retrofitting ALL buses now with keys, but here's the thing though... If teens can just get the keys, then what is point of spending all of this money in the first place?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main lesson in all of this is that if you have a fake MTA or police uniform you can, like the the real personnel , key into the last car and have your own private space for the duration of your journey. :P

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, whz1995 said:

Wow,where the hell did those ppl get the bus keys from?

Is MTA using the same key for same type of car/subway? Are the drives dedicated to a specific car/subway? If the answers were no, the only possibility is someone steals keys from keys room. ( I dont think they can duplicate those keys)

No there were no bus keys. I'm saying that BEFORE the conversion to keys, teens could just hop on the bus and go for a joy ride. NOW they have keys.  The problem here is that the subways HAVE keys and these teens got them somehow.  Lesson is to hope this goes away... lol I don't think I was aware of this in 2015 or I was and forgot about it.  Either way it's crazy.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, the kids from 2015/16 were caught, and they had the keys to the train because one of their parents worked for (MTA) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deucey said:

IIRC, the kids from 2015/16 were caught, and they had the keys to the train because one of their parents worked for (MTA) 

So this is likely a similar case.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

So this is likely a similar case.... 

Usually is - especially when controls are so lax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is an old video, but apparently this is making a come back again...

LMFAOOOOOOO oh nah they wallin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whz1995 said:

Just put them in jail for 5 years. Sometimes the society/community is too nice for those a**hole kids/teens. I am sure the a**holes from this video was fined only. 

You dragged it 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No offense but was it really necessary to bring back an outdated event? like expired milk that was bought today

Edited by Calvin
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Calvin said:

No offense but was it really necessary to bring back an outdated event? like expired milk that was bought today

You obviously didn't read what was posted, just saw the video and nothing else.  There is no video of the latest episode, so the video was posted as an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You obviously didn't read what was posted, just saw the video and nothing else.  There is no video of the latest episode, so the video was posted as an example.

Great, Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Calvin said:

No offense but was it really necessary to bring back an outdated event? like expired milk that was bought today

You can make cheese with that!

Edited by Lawrence St
  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.