OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 7-express said:

https://www.engadget.com/new-york-one-metro-delay-075749877.html

Full OMNY on the subway has been delayed to December.  Buses still seem to be on time, mainly because they can install them OOS at the depots and stay socially distant.

I vaguely recall them saying they could have had it all done by October and left two months contingency for exactly this kind of situation

And, completely and totally out of left field... 

ADD.....

Howard Beach-JFK.

your updated complete listing.

(1) All Stations

(2) 241st Street to Atlantic Ave, Franklin Ave

(3) 148th Street to Atlantic Ave, Franklin Ave

(4) Woodlawn to Franklin Ave 

(5) Dyre Ave to Franklin Ave  

(6) All Stations 

(7) All Stations

(S) 42 St All Stations (line not in service) 

(A) 207th Street to Euclid Ave, Howard Beach-JFK

(C) All Stations

(E) Sutphin Blvd-JFK, Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue, Court Square to Lexington Ave/53rd Street, 50th Street to World Trade Center  

(B) 161st Street-Yankee Stadium, 145th Street to Broadway-Lafayette Street, Atlantic Ave, Prospect Park   

(D) 161st Street-Yankee Stadium, 145th Street to Broadway-Lafayette Street, Atlantic Ave 

(F)  Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue, 47-50th streets to Broadway-Lafayette Street, York St to Jay Street-Metro Tech 

(M)  Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue, Court Square to  Lexington Ave/53rd Street, 47-50th streets to Broadway-Lafayette Street

(G) Court Square, Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets,  

(L) 8th Ave to Union Square, Broadway Junction 

(N) Queensboro Plaza to Lexington Ave/59th street, Times Square-42nd Street to Atlantic Ave 

(Q) Times Square-42nd Street to Canal street, Atlantic Ave, Prospect Park 

(R) Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue, Lexington Ave/59th street, Times Square-42nd Street, 34th Street-Herald Square, 14th St-Union Square, Canal St, Cortlandt St, Whitehall St-South Ferry to Jay St-Metro Tech, Atlantic ave, 86th Street,  

(W) Queensboro Plaza to Lexington Ave/59th street, Times Square-42nd Street, 34th Street-Herald Square, 14th St-Union Square, Canal St, Cortlandt St, Whitehall St-South Ferry

(J)/(Z) Fulton St to Canal St, Broadway Junction Sutphin, Blvd-JFK 

(S) Franklin All stations.

(S) Rockaway none 

Edited by Kamen Rider

3 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

I would laugh so hard if Myrtle Avenue (J)(M)(Z) is last to get OMNY.

I feel like the (J) and (Z) lines will be last in general to have OMNY at all its stations. I can see Metropolitan Ave to Myrtle Ave-Broadway on the (M) getting it before all stations between Alabama Ave and 121street on the (J) . 

After tackling the CBD, I’d rather they go for the high-usage outer borough stations to make OMNY useful. Those traveling between the CBD and outer boroughs are a large part of the market. The MTA could start with the inter-modal hub stations (with a lot of terminating/intersecting bus routes) like:

• Marcy Avenue
  • Jamaica *
  • Canarsie–Rockaway Parkway
  • Broadway Junction
  • Myrtle–Wyckoff Streets
  • Queens* Plaza
  • Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue
  • Kings Highway ((B)(Q))
  • Flatbush Avenue–Brooklyn College
  • 86 Street ((R))
  • Prospect Park
  • Crown Heights–Utica Avenue
  • Van Cortlandt Park–242 Street
  • Bedford Park Boulevard *
  • Norwood–205 Street
  • Fordham Road
  • Pelham Parkway
  • West Farms Square–East Tremont Av
  • Westchester Square–East Tremont Av
  • Pelham Bay Park
  • Parkchester
  • Simpson Street
  • Eastchester–Dyre Avenue
  • Nereid Avenue
  • Gun Hill Road
  • Hunts Point Avenue
  • 161 Street–Yankee Stadium
  • 3 Avenue–138 Street
  • 3 Avenue–149 Street
  • 149 Street–Grand Concourse
  • and all of the Downtown Brooklyn stations

32 minutes ago, CenSin said:

After tackling the CBD, I’d rather they go for the high-usage outer borough stations to make OMNY useful. Those traveling between the CBD and outer boroughs are a large part of the market. The MTA could start with the inter-modal hub stations...

Yea, but it would probably cost them more in the long run. I would rather they install them in clusters because they most likely get paid travel time so why having them bouncing around the city when they can do a stretch here for one day. It would be more useful but most people are sticking to metrocard anyways...

4 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

It would be more useful but most people are sticking to metrocard anyways...

I, for one, can’t wait to ditch the MetroCard. The swiping mechanism always jams at the most inopportune moments. If someone manages to steal it, it can also be used. The contactless tech has the potential for for two-factor authentication; the smartphone, for example, has to be unlocked with a fingerprint or password.