OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

1 hour ago, BillAv said:

Is this the thing where you get "capped" after using your credit card / phone / watch a certain amount of times in a certain period?  I really don't want to have to keep track of forty to fifty additional credit card purchases a month.

I don't think it will be capped because the MTA said they don't plans for that now.  It might be in the future who knows.  I just hope they bring back the "fun pass" if anyone remembers that when they introduced the Metro Card the blue cards back then.  That would be good for tourist.  But then again with this COVID crisis currently I don't think a lot of people visiting NYC now bummer.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BillAv said:

Is this the thing where you get "capped" after using your credit card / phone / watch a certain amount of times in a certain period?  I really don't want to have to keep track of forty to fifty additional credit card purchases a month.

If they were to adopt fare capping, it would only charge your trips up to the price of a 7 day pass and then the rest of the 7 day period would be free. The OMNY system would also keep track of your trips so you don't have to yourself.

14 hours ago, BillAv said:

Probably not. I dont think there will be fare capping. But i believe there will be batching, where all credit or debit pay as you go fares from a single day will be aggregated and charged once. At least that's how it works in London. 

Unless they update tonight, (they seem to have gone to once a week) this is where we're at on the last Friday in August.

(1) All Stations 

(2) 241st Street to Grand Army Plaza, Franklin Ave to Flatbush Ave (1 Station) 

(3) 148th Street to Grand Army Plaza, Franklin Ave New Lots Ave (1 Stations) 

(4) All Stations 

(5) All Stations 

(6) All Stations  

(7) All Stations 

(S) 42nd St All Stations

(A) 207th Street to Euclid Ave, Howard Beach-JFK (20 Stations) 

(C) All Stations 

(E) Jamaica Center to Briarwood, 75th Ave to World Trade Center (1 Station) 

(B)  Bedford Park Blvd to Grand St, Atlantic Ave, Prospect Park (7 Stations)  

(D) Norwood-205th St to Atlantic Ave (14 stations) 

(F) 169th St to Briarwood, 75th Ave to 21st Street Queensbridge, Lexington Ave-63rd St to Broadway-Lafayette Street, York St to Jay Street-Metro Tech (26 Stations)  

(M) Forest Hills-71st Ave to Broadway-Lafayette Street (13 Stations)  

(G) Court Square, Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets, (19 Stations) 

(L) 8th Ave to 3rd Ave, Broadway Junction (19 stations) 

(N) Astoria-Ditmars Blvd to Atlantic Ave (11 Stations) 

(Q) 96th Street-2nd Ave to Canal street, Atlantic Ave, Prospect Park (18 Stations)  

(R) Forest Hills-71st Ave to Jay St-Metro Tech, Atlantic ave, 86th Street, (12 Stations)  

(W) All Stations 

(J) / (Z)  Broad St to Bowery, Broadway Junction, Sutphin Blvd-JFK to Jamaica Center ((J) 22 stations/ (Z) 13 Stations)

(S) Franklin All stations.

(S) Rockaway none (5 Stations)

On 8/29/2020 at 12:21 AM, Around the Horn said:

I'm very interested to see where they go for September. Do they go on BMT East, BMT South or a mix of both? Or neither and do more of the (A)?

They've updated the Maps (both GIF and Static) on the OMNY Rollout website to indicate that most of the Eastern Division will get OMNY next, with the rest of the (J), (Z), and (L) , as well as, somewhat bizarrely, the (F) and the (G) from Bergen to Smith - 9th Streets, getting activated by the end of next month. Leaves only Myrtle (M), BMT South and the (A) past Euclid to go subway wise!

sept-omny-detailed-map.png

As the seconds tick down to September 1st, we have another month that just misses the mark. short two stops on the F and L each from the offical lists. 

(1) All Stations 

(2) 241st Street to Grand Army Plaza, Franklin Ave to Flatbush Ave (1 Station) 

(3) 148th Street to Grand Army Plaza, Franklin Ave New Lots Ave (1 Stations) 

(4) All Stations 

(5) All Stations 

(6) All Stations  

(7) All Stations 

(S) 42nd St All Stations 

(A) 207th Street to Euclid Ave, Howard Beach-JFK (20 Stations)

(C) All Stations 

(E) All Stations 

(B) Bedford Park Blvd to Grand St, Atlantic Ave, Prospect Park (7 Stations)  

(D) Norwood-205th St to Atlantic Ave (14 stations)  

(F) 179th St to Broadway-Lafayette Street, East Broadway to Jay Street-Metro Tech (22 Stations)  

(M) Forest Hills-71st Ave to Broadway-Lafayette Street (13 Stations) 

(G) Court Square, Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets, (19 Stations) 

(L) 8th Ave to 3rd Ave, Broadway Junction (19 stations) 

(N) Astoria-Ditmars Blvd to Atlantic Ave (11 Stations) 

(Q) 96th Street-2nd Ave to Canal street, Atlantic Ave, Prospect Park (18 Stations)  

(R) Forest Hills-71st Ave to Jay St-Metro Tech, Atlantic Ave, 86th Street, (12 Stations)  

(W) All Stations 

(J) /(Z)  Broad St to Bowery, Kosciuszko St, Broadway Junction to Alabama Ave, Cleveland St to Crescent St Sutphin Blvd-JFK to Jamaica Center ( (J) 15 Stations / (Z) 9 stations )   

(S) Franklin All stations. 

(S) Rockaway none (5 Stations) 

The reader stands were installed at last week(or earlier this week)  at 75th st station (J) . It is safe to assume that the reader stands were also installed at Cypress hill / 85th st / woodhaven blvd / 121st st stations. I would update when they install the readers and activate the readers.

ADD:

Woodhaven blvd

Van Siclen Ave

Gates Ave

The Jamaica Line is now a solid block from Myrtle Ave to Cypress Hills, and... officially speaking the Z only needs two more stations, 121st and 75th.

This is the upside of most elevated stations. When you break it down, on average, they don't have as many turnstiles as subway stations.