OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

23 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Damn, the (G) line ain't even done like they announced it would be. Why they heading to the Rockaways? LOL

The MTA want to finish this OMNY project as you know so it can be launch NYC wide so people can start using it.  So treat this as a surprise. Where will be the next OMNY station installed next.  It's almost the end of October and we are going into November. I can't wait until this whole OMNY is finished and the MTA will produce their own OMNY card.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Amtrak41 said:

When are the various Queens TA and Bus Company buses getting it ? 

Just on Saturday Oct 17, 2020 I took the Q15 buses and I saw the OMNY card reader but it says coming soon.  I think by mid November all the queens buses should have the OMNY readers installed and be ready for service.  They are staring to install the OMNY card reader on Queens buses now which is great and I can start tapping my credit cards on buses not just subways anymore .  I just need finish using my Metro Card and what is left on that card.  I wish that you can transfer the Metro Card money to the credit card that way I don't have to use the Metro Card anymore.

4 hours ago, mikecintel said:

Just on Saturday Oct 17, 2020 I took the Q15 buses and I saw the OMNY card reader but it says coming soon.  I think by mid November all the queens buses should have the OMNY readers installed and be ready for service.  They are staring to install the OMNY card reader on Queens buses now which is great and I can start tapping my credit cards on buses not just subways anymore .  I just need finish using my Metro Card and what is left on that card.  I wish that you can transfer the Metro Card money to the credit card that way I don't have to use the Metro Card anymore.

I can't wait for the actual OMNY cards so that I can transfer and not have to pay per ride. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about filling up the Metrocard at a subway station which can be a hassle at times especially since I don't live by a subway station. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

On 10/2/2020 at 9:04 AM, mikecintel said:

Thanks for the info.  Do you know how we can download the video without registering and you watch it later? 

Hi! Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I've been bogged up with a lot of things going on my end 😕 Unfortunately, no, I haven't figured out a way for that

7 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I can't wait for the actual OMNY cards so that I can transfer and not have to pay per ride. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about filling up the Metrocard at a subway station which can be a hassle at times especially since I don't live by a subway station. 

Hi

The pay per ride DOES have a transfer.  I tried it and I was in Manhattan going to my gym back when it first reopened during COVID in Sept 5 then cancelled my gym to risky.  After I took the SBS bus I tried taking the subway knowing that I have a transfer and to my surprise it just says "GO".  I though I was going to be charge a second time but no I didn't get charge the second time because I went to the OMNY account and say PAYGO "$0.00".  In Canada Vancouver it is much better because they tell you how much you have left on your card when you go through the fare gate without going to the machine and check it.  In Toronto it is like in NYC they don't tell you how much you have left you card and you have to use the machine to find out.  I like much in Canada Vancouver better the transit.  It's so different then NYC.

7 hours ago, IntExp said:

Hi! Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I've been bogged up with a lot of things going on my end 😕 Unfortunately, no, I haven't figured out a way for that

No problem.  I understand.  We are all very busy during this unprecedented times due to COVID.  Ugh.  OK thanks for telling me. No problem  when I log in there I will just make screen shots of OMNY so I know what is the timeline for it.  I just want the screens shots like you posted about the OMNY for buses that's all nothing special. Thanks again stay safe and healthy to you and your family.

4 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Beach 105th (my last OMNY station prediction) still hasn't been completed, so there is still a chance for my bet to be right...

Not if other stations on the line are being equipped. The Rockaway LINE is not last.

Nice try doe