OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

3 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

I'm just curious why they do some sections and then leave some stations alone. It stands out like a sore thumb when you have one stop go unfilled on an otherwise, fully OMNY-enabled line. I know for Eastern Parkway, they're redoing something at the station so it would be a waste to install and then take it out and install it down the line. You have stops that are still not done even though they've announced the line was fully-OMNY enabled.  

One of the stations on the (6) in the Bronx were offline for a few months because they had issues installing OMNY back in the early rollout.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to give credit to where it is due and it is too Via Garibaldi 8.  For those of you don't subscribe to the OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread BUS Thread.

Via Garibaldi 8 updated us about the OMNY completion and it is below:

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/12/full-omny-rollout-nears-completion-as-system-records-30-millionth-tap-mta-says.html

It says "Some 458 subway stations of the system’s 472 stations are now OMNY-enabled, according to MTA" Meaning there are only 14 subway stations needed to install OMNY.

Just now, mikecintel said:

I have to give credit to where it is due and it is too Via Garibaldi 8.  For those of you don't subscribe to the OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread BUS Thread.

https://www.silive.com/news/2020/12/full-omny-rollout-nears-completion-as-system-records-30-millionth-tap-mta-says.html

It says "Some 458 subway stations of the system’s 472 stations are now OMNY-enabled, according to MTA" Meaning there are only 14 subway stations needed to install OMNY.

They have always maintained that they were on schedule with the project going back to when we discussed it back in 2019, so they have rolled it out as planned more or less.

5 hours ago, mikecintel said:

EXCUSE ME...

I have been regularly updating this thread for months, and you come in here and thank him for sharing a news article in another thread..? 

7 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

EXCUSE ME...

I have been regularly updating this thread for months, and you come in here and thank him for sharing a news article in another thread..? 

Hi Kamen Rider,

Sorry about that.  I know you have been regularly updated this thread for months.  But what I meant I posted this link and I don't anyone to think that I found this article so that is what I said that.  I am sorry if I did not explain it that way.  YES I give you credit also to keep on letting us know the update for OMNY.  I am sorry if I made up you upset.  I didn't intend to make you upset.

Thank you as always posting and letting us know what is going on with OMNY for the subways.

Edited by mikecintel

12 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Okay, 

ADD: 

Bay Parkway 

Rockaway Parkway-Canarsie.

both the L and D have 2 stations to go.

WOW now OMNY is really coming to an end of installations in every station which is great and then OMNY will be officially be EVERYWHERE!  Then we will be rocking and rolling! So the following number and letters on the subway that is left to install OMNY are these lines and letters:

J- just left with 2 stations
Z- just with 1 station same as the J 121st
2 & 3 lines just 1 station which is both Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum
A- 3 station
F- 1 stop
M- 2 stop
N- 9 stops

So now there are ONLY 26 station left!

Edited by mikecintel

5 minutes ago, mikecintel said:

WOW now OMNY is really coming to an end of installations in every station which is great and then OMNY will be officially be EVERYWHERE!  Then we will be rocking and rolling! So the following number and letters on the subway that is left to install OMNY are these lines and letters:

J- just left with 2 stations
Z- just with 1 station same as the J 121st
2 & 3 lines just 1 station which is both Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum
A- 3 station
F- 1 stop
M- 2 stop
N- 9 stops

So now there are ONLY 22 station left!

You forgot the D and L lines and your math is incorrect.

J,M and Z -4 stations in total

D and N - 10 stations

L- 2 stations 

2,3 - 1 station

A - 3 stations

F - 1 station

7 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

You forgot the D and L lines and your math is incorrect.

J,M and Z -4 stations in total

D and N - 10 stations

L- 2 stations 

2,3 - 1 station

A - 3 stations

F - 1 station

Thanks what I was was doing was Z and J and has same station so I just count them as 1 station. I recount N has 9 station left. D has 2 station left and L as 2 station left like Kamen Rider said. M has 2 stops. The 2 and 3 has 1 station, A has 3 station and F has only 1 station.  So the total should be 21 stations.

2 hours ago, mikecintel said:

Thanks what I was was doing was Z and J and has same station so I just count them as 1 station. I recount N has 9 station left. D has 2 station left and L as 2 station left like Kamen Rider said. M has 2 stops. The 2 and 3 has 1 station, A has 3 station and F has only 1 station.  So the total should be 21 stations.

Let me recount: 

J -2 station 121st and
M-2 station
D- 2 station
L- 2 station
N- 9 station
2 &3 - 1 station
A- 3 station
F- 1 station

Total: Yes it's 22 stations again.  Can you please tell me where I counted wrong?  The same station I will not count as separate like J and Z 121st same station. 85 St-Forest Pkwy only for J line.

3 minutes ago, mikecintel said:

Let me recount: 

J -2 station 121st and
M-2 station
D- 2 station
L- 2 station
N- 9 station
2 &3 - 1 station
A- 3 station
F- 1 station

Total: Yes it's 22 stations again.  Can you please tell me where I counted wrong?  The same station I will not count as separate like J and Z 121st same station. 85 St-Forest Pkwy only for J line.

You counted both the D and N 62nd St and New Utrecht Ave separately even though they are one station. They have a transfer there.

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully this is good news. Today the MTA said they just finished the accessibility ADA for the Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum station.  Hopefully this get the OMNY installed at this station and then the 2 &3 lines are complete.  I just checked they did not have the OMNY icon yet.

On 4/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, rbrome said:

I've noticed that instead of the black/blue "TEST PHASE ... COMING SOON" screen, some readers now display a yellow "METROCARD ONLY" screen, with an icon for a traditional mag-stripe MetroCard. Nothing happens when you try to use these readers; the tap function seems to be turned off completely. 

omny_testing.jpg

...whereas the ones that say "TEST PHASE ... COMING SOON" do seem to be enabled for certain kinds of internal testing. When I try my phone it does respond, but it doesn't work. I get this error message: 

omny_openpay.jpg

Interesting...

I love all the different colors and the corners that light up too. Can’t wait to see all the messages they will display in the future.