Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Lawrence St

OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

I think OMNY works as one big system, so on May 31st when the system goes online in Staten Island it will also go online for Manhattan with the hardware already.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I think OMNY works as one big system, so on May 31st when the system goes online in Staten Island it will also go online for Manhattan with the hardware already.

And who told you that lie? It will only be available at SELECT subway stations on the (4)(5)(6) line and on Staten Island on buses.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

And who told you that lie? It will only be available at SELECT subway stations on the (4)(5)(6) line and on Staten Island on buses.

I'm pretty sure that was just conjecture based on the fact that some of the buses currently equipped with OMNY readers are being moved off that rock. (Considering which buses are being shifted, don't expect the ones already off to go back. Anyway, this is beginning to shift to buses, so I'll leave it at that.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Re-read what I said. The former YUKON buses that are in Manhattan right now, based on my opinion, will become activated when Staten Island goes online, since they share the same network.

24 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Re-read what I said. The former YUKON buses that are in Manhattan right now, based on my opinion, will become activated when Staten Island goes online, since they share the same network.

Seems like a lot of speculation... Hell the (MTA) doesn’t even know what it’s doing. This is all trial-and-error.

5 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Seems like a lot of speculation... Hell the (MTA) doesn’t even know what it’s doing. This is all trial-and-error.

Yeah... Yukon's Next Gen Hybrids that are moving to Manhattan and Brooklyn right now are being transferred out with the OMNY readers too...

Edited by WestFarms36
  • Upvote 1