12 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

ADD:

Fort Hamilton Parkway 

Kings Highway 

THE N IS COMPLETE!  

THE BROADWAY LINE IS COMPLETE!

also Hewes St.

8 left to go.

WOW! now it's fast to completion thank god!.  My prediction is this week or next week all the subway station should be completed and Ready to launch and with a press conference. Going to miss Al next year when he leaves 😥.   Just read a lot of people are leaving the MTA mostly are seniors so sad.

If you liked that...

ADD:

121st Street

The Z IS COMPLETE!

Bedford Ave

Livonia Ave

THE L IS COMPLETE!

Flushing Ave

THE M IS COMPLETE!

THE 6TH AVENUE LINE IS COMPLETE 

Rockaway Blvd

104th street

THE A IS COMPLETE!

THE 8TH AVENUE LINE IS COMPLETE!

THE IND IS COMPLETE!

Stations left...

TWO!!!

Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum holds out the IRT and Brooklyn

85th on the J holds out the BMT and Queens (the MTA gives the station a Queens address)

Edited by Kamen Rider

10 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

If you liked that...

ADD:

121st Street

The Z IS COMPLETE!

Bedford Ave

Livonia Ave

THE L IS COMPLETE!

Flushing Ave

THE M IS COMPLETE!

THE 6TH AVENUE LINE IS COMPLETE 

Rockaway Blvd

104th street

THE A IS COMPLETE!

THE 8TH AVENUE LINE IS COMPLETE!

THE IND IS COMPLETE!

Stations left...

TWO!!!

Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum holds out the IRT and Brooklyn

85th on the J holds out the BMT and Queens (the MTA gives the station a Queens address)

WOW WOW WOW! GO GO GO! Can't wait until the whole OMNY installation is done!  My predictions says that there will be a major press conference and Al will say "OMNY installation has been completed and now you can tap go everywhere on the trains and buses.  Even during the pandemic it's can stop the OMNY Express.  For the OMNY card itself it will be next Fall to be released and probably he will say what's options are available to be used for OMNY.

5 hours ago, mikecintel said:

WOW WOW WOW! GO GO GO! Can't wait until the whole OMNY installation is done!  My predictions says that there will be a major press conference and Al will say "OMNY installation has been completed and now you can tap go everywhere on the trains and buses.  Even during the pandemic it's can stop the OMNY Express.  For the OMNY card itself it will be next Fall to be released and probably he will say what's options are available to be used for OMNY.

He who? The person in charge of managing the OMNY rollout is leaving soon, so he won't be around next Fall.  Aside from that, despite there are still buses popping up that supposedly had OMNY readers months ago that don't, so I'd take the (MTA) 's info with a grain of salt. Sad but true...

9 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

He who? The person in charge of managing the OMNY rollout is leaving soon, so he won't be around next Fall.  Aside from that, despite there are still buses popping up that supposedly had OMNY readers months ago that don't, so I'd take the (MTA) 's info with a grain of salt. Sad but true...

Yes Al Putre is leaving soon very sad.  He is so active and happy and he enjoys his job which great.   Yes I am talking about the subways station will be completely installed.  As for the buses yes I just rode one today Q34 the in the front of the bus it's install but not the rare yet.  I am thinking Al Putre will be here until June because there will be an update then and it was from the Nov 18, 2020 Capital Plan update:

December 2020
C&D Capital Program Update
 Integrated Projects
LIRR and MNR Update on Positive Train Control (PTC)
Quarterly Traffic Light Reports
January 2021
Rolling Stock Procurement Update
February
 B&T
March
April
Update on Capital Program Security Projects (in Executive Session)
May
June
** Update on OMNY Program**
Update on Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Participation
Quarterly Traffic Light Report

Ugh we have to wait until June 2021 for an update to OMNY.

2 minutes ago, mikecintel said:

Yes Al Putre is leaving soon very sad.  He is so active and happy and he enjoys his job which great.   Yes I am talking about the subways station will be completely installed.  As for the buses yes I just rode one today Q34 the in the front of the bus it's install but not the rare yet.  I am thinking Al Putre will be here until June because there will be an update then and it was from the Nov 18, 2020 Capital Plan update:

December 2020
 Integrated Projects
LIRR and MNR Update on Positive Train Control (PTC)
January 2021
Rolling Stock Procurement Update
February
 B&T
March
April
Update on Capital Program Security Projects (in Executive Session)
May
June
** Update on OMNY Program**
Update on Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Participation
Quarterly Traffic Light Report

Ugh we have to wait until June 2021 for an update to OMNY.

Unclear if he will be around by then...

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-mta-managers-retirements-exits-20201220-amb5cj47sjh4nd4x2mtlbkbide-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0cb_AVpJJZ78DyBIBY7bihanDLrdJuo5bGxBu1onptDxVEoGiXdjSYt1k

27 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

OK I see thanks.  Awww.  Crossing my fingers an praying he will be around.  When I see him I am so happy because makes the day great when you have a bad day.

37 minutes ago, Amtrak41 said:

Will there be a fee for such a physical card, and will they all be reloadable, or some not or tourists ? 

Good Question for your first question about the fees I heard (When OMNY was being built they were talking about a $6 fee to purchase the card)  My prediction is $6 but it could be less or more.  It's expensive if you think about it just for plastic.  I don't know how much it will be.

In other countries for smart cards like Canada they charge $6 for the card in Vancouver BC called COMPASS ($6 CAD deposit **but** it REFUNDABLE which is good) Toronto called PRESTO $6CAD deposit NON refundable not good).  Chicago (Ventra) charges $5 USD to get the card.  Boston (Charlie card) can get the card FREE from customer service agent. NICE! Salt Lake City Put whatever amount on the card PLUS $3.00 one time fee so I guess the one time fee in SLC is the purchase the card price. San-Fransisco (clipper card) is $3 before it was FREE. Los Angels $2 for card and additional to add money to the card.  If MTA wants to promote the OMNY card they should give them out FREE for a limited of time and then it will be charged just like SF.

Hopefully MTA will follow other countries or states but I doubt the MTA will have a deposit where it is REFUNDABLE like if you are leaving NYC and moving to other states or countries you are good to go. They refund you whatever the price they charge you will be.

For your second question YES it's re loadable just like the metro card.  They will begin to install the vending machines and I think you can use the machines to reload the money just like we do now. For the third question that is a  Good question about tourist because I don't know but then other people come to NYC and they have smartphone/credit/debit card they could use.  The purpose of OMNY is that besides convince. 

Edited by mikecintel

9 hours ago, mikecintel said:

Happy New Year Everyone,  May 2021 brings us happiness and joy this year and many good things to come this year. 

Also we have the fare options that will be available soon and don't forget the the OMNY app.

Any word on how soon the fare options might be rolled out?  It doesn't make financial sense to drop my Metrocard until this happens.  I also like the flexibility of the unlimited card.  I make my own transfer points; instead of taking a train a couple of stops out of the way to make a transfer, I'll leave the system and walk a block or two.  I take shortcuts through the subway; my favorite being able to enter the Port Authority on 9th Avenue (pre-pandemic) and walking to Times Square completely indoors.  Great on bad weather days.  Sometimes I leave a staton through the wrong turnstile and realize that I'll have to cross a busy street (like Queens Blvd) to get where I'm going.  Nope!  I swipe back in and leave the way I meant to.  Can't go OMNY until this happens - unless Unlimited gets dropped entirely.

28 minutes ago, BillAv said:

Any word on how soon the fare options might be rolled out?  It doesn't make financial sense to drop my Metrocard until this happens.  I also like the flexibility of the unlimited card.  I make my own transfer points; instead of taking a train a couple of stops out of the way to make a transfer, I'll leave the system and walk a block or two.  I take shortcuts through the subway; my favorite being able to enter the Port Authority on 9th Avenue (pre-pandemic) and walking to Times Square completely indoors.  Great on bad weather days.  Sometimes I leave a staton through the wrong turnstile and realize that I'll have to cross a busy street (like Queens Blvd) to get where I'm going.  Nope!  I swipe back in and leave the way I meant to.  Can't go OMNY until this happens - unless Unlimited gets dropped entirely.

About the Rolling fare options I am not sure because they didn't even say but I am sure pretty soon.  Will post here when the new fare options are announced  Yes it's up to you if you want to drop it but unfortunately I lost my Metro Card when I went to Costco and pulled out my membership card to scan when I was paying my groceries and now I don't have a Metro Card.  Now I work from home so there is no need for me to pay the unlimited.  It is the Pay Per Ride and I had $20.00 .  I called the MTA to see if they can reissue me the card or put back the $20 since I pay with my Credit card and the said no.  We only do that for the unlimited cards and the unlimited express buses.  There goes my $20.00 I am sure who ever picks up my Metro Card it will help them out especially now during COVID pandemic.  I had $55 on the card.  So now I have to start using the NEW OMNY with my credit card.  Oh well...  I hope the MTA dose not eliminate the unlimited but if they do they can go to "Fare Capping" method where you ride a certain number of rides and you get it free for the month of the equivalent of an unlimited card.

Edited by mikecintel

9 minutes ago, Amtrak41 said:

How will one get their Contactless Debit card to work for senior fare ? 

I think they'll just issue you a prepaid OMNY card that is solely half-fare similar to how they do it currently. Easier than making your contactless debit card half-fare I would assume, though, it wouldn't be all that far-fetched considering an OMNY account exists so when you tap-in, they just charge you half-fare.

16 minutes ago, Amtrak41 said:

How will one get their Contactless Debit card to work for senior fare ? 

Good Question I think they will have different colors (if they make a physical OMNY card dedicated to seniors) for example Blue would be adults and Orange would be for seniors.  I wonder if they have to take a pictures currently like the Metro Card though ugh...what a pain that is.  The question is to be seen....So exciting with all these questions.