Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Lawrence St

OMNY Implementation/Metro-Card Retirement Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how many Orion NG's from SI to Manhattan got transferred with the readers? I'm curious to see wether theyll become active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So far the s62 passengers have not had the best of luck with the roll-out:

On Friday, I suggested an out-of-towner try a contactless card on the OMNY reader, which he had. It did not work as the reader was still in test mode. He whipped out a pocketful of coins.

Yesterday, Saturday, a lady boards with no balance on a standard PPR Metrocard. She sees that the OMNY reader is active and tries paying with her phone. It did not work at first, maybe because she was still on a call with someone. She ended her call and tapped her phone, but it did not seem to work.

And earlier in the week one eagle-eyed customer noticed that a base for the OMNY reader was near the rear door. I think it was 8268 or 8286.

 

On 5/30/2019 at 4:23 PM, Lawrence St said:

Does anyone know how many Orion NG's from SI to Manhattan got transferred with the readers? I'm curious to see wether theyll become active.


I am a B/O out of Yukon, whenever I was assigned a 4xxx series bus, very few had them installed.

 

On 5/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

Wonder what will happen with Path since they use Metrocards too

I hope the PATH contactless-card readers can be retrofitted to read them.

Edited by 161 New York
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 161 New York said:

So far the s62 passengers have not had the best of luck with the roll-out:

On Friday, I suggested an out-of-towner try a contactless card on the OMNY reader, which he had. It did not work as the reader was still in test mode. He whipped out a pocketful of coins.

Yesterday, Saturday, a lady boards with no balance on a standard PPR Metrocard. She sees that the OMNY reader is active and tries paying with her phone. It did not work at first, maybe because she was still on a call with someone. She ended her call and tapped her phone, but it did not seem to work.

And earlier in the week one eagle-eyed customer noticed that a base for the OMNY reader was near the rear door. I think it was 8268 or 8286.

I got a Orion 7 3G on the S48 last week (Tuesday) and it didn't even have a reader!

--

On another note, I hope they expand the OMNY readers to the other express buses. It would help with the no coins policy.

Edited by Around the Horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

I think some phones require a touch of set up to work right. There was a option I had to select on my phone.

NFC has to be enabled first and foremost and then whatever options the mobile wallet needs to register a transaction. (Some mobile wallet apps allow you to use it with the phone locked, some do not)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Much better last week on the s62. I had about two customers per day tap with their phone or contactless cards, with a majority who prefer the phone. Some of them are concerned about the transfer and are hesistent to "trust" that they will have one and are requesting paper transfers. Another issue is that the tone it makes for a successful tap is not intuitive, at least for me, that payment was successfully made or there was an error.

SILive did a write up on the "11 screens of MTA's OMNY system: What do they all mean?" See the 11 images there (I have only seen 3).

 

Edited by 161 New York
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the first station to get OMNY installed outside of the pilot is 51 Street on the (6)...

48051979978_05de7bcf03_b.jpg

48051979943_4f325cef4b_b.jpg

48051937556_8b9b796814_b.jpg

Currently the three turnstile banks in the photos (52nd uptown & 51st both sides) have the bases installed and the other entrances in the complex do not.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

And the first station to get OMNY installed outside of the pilot is 51 Street on the (6)...

48051979978_05de7bcf03_b.jpg

48051979943_4f325cef4b_b.jpg

48051937556_8b9b796814_b.jpg

Currently the three turnstile banks in the photos (52nd uptown & 51st both sides) have the bases installed and the other entrances in the complex do not.

Hopefully the MTA will move quick so much of the system will have OMNY before late 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

And the first station to get OMNY installed outside of the pilot is 51 Street on the (6)...

48051979978_05de7bcf03_b.jpg

48051979943_4f325cef4b_b.jpg

48051937556_8b9b796814_b.jpg

Currently the three turnstile banks in the photos (52nd uptown & 51st both sides) have the bases installed and the other entrances in the complex do not.

I guess they're starting on the Lexington Avenue Lines first.

That's great, let's keep it going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually use the OMNY reader at Fulton Street on the way home if I know I’m heading right home and won’t need a transfer. I’ve used my debit card a few times and my phone many more times since it’s usually in my hand or shirt pocket. I can’t wait for it to expand and include transfers, monthly or weekly passes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

So I tried OMNY twice today with Samsung pay. Both times on the first tap it said "Tap only one card". Anyone else get this error with Samsung Pay?

Yeah that normally happens if you have express transit set up. It's basically detecting something else on your phone that's also works on the machine, so if I were you, I'd just select the card right before boarding, so that specific card is ready to detect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Yeah that normally happens if you have express transit set up. It's basically detecting something else on your phone that's also works on the machine, so if I were you, I'd just select the card right before boarding, so that specific card is ready to detect. 

I thought express transit was only on Apple Pay / iOS? I never explicitly enabled such a setting or any related setting, if there is one. How would I find out? Also I did not set up google pay. 

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

I thought express transit was only on Apple Pay / iOS? I never explicitly enabled such a setting or any related setting, if there is one. How would I find out? Also I did not set up google pay. 

Maybe its because your card was already set up on Samsung Pay before OMNY started. You have to delete the card and reinstall it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Maybe its because your card was already set up on Samsung Pay before OMNY started. You have to delete the card and reinstall it. 

Tried a different card added this morning and it worked!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

So I tried OMNY twice today with Samsung pay. Both times on the first tap it said "Tap only one card". Anyone else get this error with Samsung Pay?

Try Google Pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Maybe its because your card was already set up on Samsung Pay before OMNY started. You have to delete the card and reinstall it. 

That should not be necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used both my Apple Watch and my Debit card today with my phone (which was set up as express transit), and it worked like a charm! Can't wait for the expansion of OMNY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rbrome said:

That should not be necessary. 

The MTA clearly said do that on the brochure. Its because OMNY uses the latest technology or whatever. I tried it and now it works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MTA's New OMNY Scanners Have Cameras In Them (But They're Not Watching You, Yet)

https://gothamist.com/2019/06/14/omny_scanners_cameras.php

MNY, the MTA's new tap-to-pay system being piloted at 16 subway stations and on all Staten Island bus routes, has exceeded the MTA's forecasts during the first week of operation, with tens of thousands of riders opting to use a digital wallet or contactless credit card instead of their MetroCard. OMNY is scheduled to be rolled out across the entire subway and bus system, and on commuter railroads, to ultimately replace the MetroCard and usher in a new era of commuting ("new" for New York, anyway).
However, you may not have known that the scanners contain a camera, along with infrared illuminators, situated at the kiosk's base. A tipster pointed them out to us, noting that they spotted the "small laptop style hidden camera" and illuminators, and wondered if they were used for "infrared based facial recognition to obtain a clearer image of the face."
"The camera and illuminators in the OMNY validators are only in place to support future use of bar code and QR code for ticketing; they cannot and do not support biometrics of any kind," said Steve Brunner, general manager, New York Tri-State Region, for Cubic Transportation Systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the OMNY reader at 28th street a few days ago for the first time and I have to say that it’s very convenient. I accidentally forgot my debit card at home so being able to pay for the train from my phone really helped. Too bad Queens buses don’t have them yet, but hopefully they are next after Staten Island.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I used the OMNY reader at 28th street a few days ago for the first time and I have to say that it’s very convenient. I accidentally forgot my debit card at home so being able to pay for the train from my phone really helped. Too bad Queens buses don’t have them yet, but hopefully they are next after Staten Island.

 

This isn't on a borough by borough approach. This will gradually make it onto the entire Bus Fleet by October 2020 if everything is on schedule.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WestFarms36 said:

This isn't on a borough by borough approach. This will gradually make it onto the entire Bus Fleet by October 2020 if everything is on schedule.

Oh wow I under the impression that this was being rolled borough by borough, subway line by subway line. 
 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.