Anyone got busted by police "violating subway rules"?

MTR Admiralty

The theory I heard as to why you can't walk between cars deals with Home Land Security. Walking from car to car is one of the few times a terrorist has direct access to the roadbed, this is the same reason why they have alarms on most EEs.

I doubt it. Or at least if that is the reason, it's as pointless as the random bad search. It's so easy for anyone to just enter the tunnels from stations. I don't think any alarms go off for that. I saw two guys with skateboards say "lets walk it" and run into the tunnel from Bay Ridge Ave to 77th St. And just last week I saw a notably non-TA person enter the tunnel at Jay St–Borough Hall (A),(C) tracks. All just disappeared into the darkness, who knows what they could be up to. :(

I doubt it. Or at least if that is the reason, it's as pointless as the random bad search. It's so easy for anyone to just enter the tunnels from stations. I don't think any alarms go off for that. I saw two guys with skateboards say "lets walk it" and run into the tunnel from Bay Ridge Ave to 77th St. And just last week I saw a notably non-TA person enter the tunnel at Jay St–Borough Hall (A),(C) tracks. All just disappeared into the darkness, who knows what they could be up to. ;)

Damn! You should report those to the "If you See something" hotline. It's be worthwhile instead of all the NYers with 10 IQ reporting photographers.

Damn! You should report those to the "If you See something" hotline. It's be worthwhile instead of all the NYers with 10 IQ reporting photographers.

The skateboarders at Bay Ridge Ave were just two idiots. The guy at Jay St I didn't think of reporting at the time, but probably should have. I don't know how to call that hotline, what is it? Plus, there's a lot of activity at Jay St at that time, my train had just arrived, so I boarded and didn't think to look for police by then. Oh well, "don't be a snitch". ;)

I have a healthy respect for the NYPD, but I was recently stopped for walking between one car and another to get a seat. I went unfined, and unarrested, but the conduct of offiicers involved would lead most to reconsider their respect for the police. That said, I still know most are the good guys.

Archived