Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Elmhurst

NYC man with large, sad dog dangling from makeshift sack broke subway rules: MTA

8 hours ago, CTK246 said:

I mean, what's stopping him from getting on the next train?

Nothing basically. 

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Elmhurst said:

Why wouldn't he? Hell Saturday I was coming back home from running errands.  Had some groceries with me.  I got off of the train at West 4th to transfer to get up to the express bus.  I see two people and each of them have a dog not in any sort of carrier, big ones too.  They got on the (D) like it was nothing. People looked but that was it.  I moved since I didn't want the dogs near my food.  You have people with allergies, etc.

Years ago you didn't see this, or if you did it was people with SMALL dogs that were discreet about it.  Now?? Forget it... Everyone is entitled... The (MTA) hasn't done a thing about enforcement either since that passenger was attacked on the (4) train.  A little outcry from the public and they do an about face on everything.  If a dog attacks a passenger, the first thing they'll be looking to do is hold the (MTA) accountable for not enforcing what is on the books in the system.  Despite claims to the contrary, they also are NOT doing a damn thing about kids causing problems in the subway.  I keep seeing videos pop up.  There was another one that popped up just yesterday. Bunch of kids attacked a young Hispanic man on the (6) train.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Why wouldn't he? Hell Saturday I was coming back home from running errands.  Had some groceries with me.  I got off of the train at West 4th to transfer to get up to the express bus.  I see two people and each of them have a dog not in any sort of carrier, big ones too.  They got on the (D) like it was nothing. People looked but that was it.  I moved since I didn't want the dogs near my food.  You have people with allergies, etc.

Years ago you didn't see this, or if you did it was people with SMALL dogs that were discreet about it.  Now?? Forget it... Everyone is entitled... The (MTA) hasn't done a thing about enforcement either since that passenger was attacked on the (4) train.  A little outcry from the public and they do an about face on everything.  If a dog attacks a passenger, the first thing they'll be looking to do is hold the (MTA) accountable for not enforcing what is on the books in the system.  Despite claims to the contrary, they also are NOT doing a damn thing about kids causing problems in the subway.  I keep seeing videos pop up.  There was another one that popped up just yesterday. Bunch of kids attacked a young Hispanic man on the (6) train.  

You can’t really hold the MTA liable as it’s not like they can station people everywhere and refuse to move a train until a person with a dog gets off... the owner should be liable anyways as it was their choice to not handle their dog properly. As for the kids, that’s a NYPD issue.

On a related note, can you stop with the inflammatory “outraged citizen” rants? Certain things have been a problem for a long time and need to be fixed but many things are rather commonplace and have always happened and there is nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

You can’t really hold the MTA liable as it’s not like they can station people everywhere and refuse to move a train until a person with a dog gets off... the owner should be liable anyways as it was their choice to not handle their dog properly. As for the kids, that’s a NYPD issue.

On a related note, can you stop with the inflammatory “outraged citizen” rants? Certain things have been a problem for a long time and need to be fixed but many things are rather commonplace and have always happened and there is nothing you can do about it.

A question was asked and I provided an answer to it. I didn't post the topic (and purposely didn't do so so I didn't have to hear people like you bitching), so don't come complaining to me about it.  You don't have to agree with it.  There are videos floating around that say otherwise.  The policy regarding dogs is very clear.  They are to be in a carrier unless they are service dogs, period, and yes if someone is injured they can go after the (MTA).  That's it.  You want to complain about the topic? Complain to the mods for the person that posted it, otherwise, it stays here.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1 hour ago, R68OnBroadway said:

I believe that whatever the MTA can't always handle should be handled by Eagle team or NYPD. It clearly shows that in this system, almost anyone can get away with anything like nothing. Fare beating, dogs on trains, gang activity, etc. The less you enforce the rules, the more murder you can gladly do.

What happened to the good old days with the militias and everybody had a rifle (like Switzerland does currently)? Everyone would be civil in that kind of environment. No allergenic furballs, hooligans, pole dancers, panhandlers, etc.

3 minutes ago, CenSin said:

What happened to the good old days with the militias and everybody had a rifle (like Switzerland does currently)? Everyone would be civil in that kind of environment. No allergenic furballs, hooligans, pole dancers, panhandlers, etc.

Uh, hate to break your delusion, but that has never been the case, especially in the United States. Panhandlers, entertainers, they have always been part of history. Guns or no guns, they've always been there.

11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Despite being a transplant from the suburbs, I feel like this is because all those other transplants from the suburbs are bringing suburban values to the city.

The difference between the NYC I lived in in the 80s and visited in the 90s and early aughts is stark.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CenSin said:

What the hell?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Deucey said:

Despite being a transplant from the suburbs, I feel like this is because all those other transplants from the suburbs are bringing suburban values to the city.

The difference between the NYC I lived in in the 80s and visited in the 90s and early aughts is stark.

This is precisely the problem... 

10 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is precisely the problem... 

On the real, they moved here to St George and made this suburb worse. Never stepped in so much dog sh in my life. And dogs on the s52...yeah, it was a rough year.

Now that that stupid Ferris wheel isn’t being built, they started moving away.

The ferry ride doesn’t suck anymore!!

16 minutes ago, Deucey said:

On the real, they moved here to St George and made this suburb worse. Never stepped in so much dog sh in my life. And dogs on the s52...yeah, it was a rough year.

They gave up the wheel?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

They gave up the wheel?

Indeed, it was a dumb idea to begin with !

On 4/9/2019 at 2:38 PM, CenSin said:

everybody had a rifle (like Switzerland does currently)? Everyone would be civil in that kind of environment. No allergenic furballs, hooligans, pole dancers, panhandlers, etc.

Do you really think if everybody had a gun, especially in America, no controversy or trouble would occur when it's threatens/fires on people? Just one man used a gun back in 1984 to fend off pestering strap-hangers on this subway, and it sent the nation into a huge debate on the topic in general. It didn't stop anybody from riding the system though. Giving people guns may be a solution for some to a problem, but it is not a unanimous solution for all and never will stop some people as @GojiMet86 said. 

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

Don’t worry... They’re moving to the South Bronx. Yet another reason I prefer living in a neighborhood with no subway. Obnoxious pains in the @ss.