NJT Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings!!!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval! Enjoy!

***The latest updates are based on observations and reports from other on this forum. Also...

On 10/9/2019 at 2:35 PM, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

On October 8th, I was on the train and noticed a group of scrapped buses along Route 1 & 9? Anyways,I know there are a lot more MCIs that got scrapped. Anyone have any numbers to report?

Does anyone have a clue as to what buses are in there? I know NJT but what numbers? Anyone have an idea?

12 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!!!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval! Enjoy!

***The latest updates are based on observations and reports from other on this forum. Also...

Does anyone have a clue as to what buses are in there? I know NJT but what numbers? Anyone have an idea?

5952, 5998, and 6391 may’ve came back into service at one point but I haven’t seen them yet. Also 7109 was retired from fire damage and was on the Wikipedia list for a while now unless that bus returned to service. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

any particular reason why? 7187 is also retired as well but idk how both 7186 and 7187 are retired already

Not sure why.  I did not see any obvious damage in the photo but I heard it was due to high mileage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

On NJ Transit CPTDB Forums , somebody mentioned on the NJ Transit forums that 7174 was involved in an accident. Anybody got any conformation about this? Can be found on here: https://cptdb.ca/topic/13508-nj-transit-new-jersey-transit/page/8/#comments

Bus was cut off by a dump truck. Saw it in the back of meadowlands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...