Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The TransitMan

NJT Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

On 10/5/2020 at 6:05 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Are the 2002 Nova RTS Hybrids still on property? Remembered seeing them a few times passing by the scrap yard off Tonnele Ave

Yeah they're still there. I was hoping NJTHC or someone could preserve one but I doubt anyone is interested...

2 hours ago, AceDiesel3 said:

Yeah they're still there. I was hoping NJTHC or someone could preserve one but I doubt anyone is interested...

That would have been great. 

If NJT wanted to get rid of those buses, they would have done so already. I think they are being asked to sit on them for a certain period of time.

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Where does NJ Transit store all its retired buses and where are the lots located (minus the one off Tonelle Avenue)?

They used to store them in a lot next to Meadowlands garage before being moved to the current location.

8 hours ago, go25 said:

They used to store them in a lot next to Meadowlands garage before being moved to the current location.

I think I know where you mean I think I saw their RTS 82VNs there before there when I was travelling along US 3 going to Fairfield