NJT Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

18023 crashed into 18032, severe frame damage. Most likely scrapped.

Here's clear damage of 18023 which looks relatively minor. https://6abc.com/white-horse-pike-crash-new-jersey-transit-bus-winslow-township-camden-county/11176267/ Hopefully the driver is well.

I'm just wondering how 18032 struck 18023? Lost control or something? It kinda reminds me of 7271 and 20081 collision last year.

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Here's clear damage of 18023 which looks relatively minor. https://6abc.com/white-horse-pike-crash-new-jersey-transit-bus-winslow-township-camden-county/11176267/ Hopefully the driver is well.

I'm just wondering how 18032 struck 18023? Lost control or something? It kinda reminds me of 7271 and 20081 collision last year.

18023 was broken down on the side of the road and 18032 I think misjudged the clearence.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

18023 was broken down on the side of the road and 18032 I think misjudged the clearence.

Meant 18032 was broken down and 18023 had the most damage lol. Ironically the numbers are eerily similar and I got both buses mixed up as well. I got a feeling speed might also be a factor to the collision but I'm not sure.

Edited by DCTransitFilms

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

18032 can be repaired likely, damage is similar to 20081 last year. Not sure about 18023 yet though. 

Can confirm seeing 18032 at CMF. Also saw 7740 (Oradell) parked outside of Ironbound while having its luminator signs still showing it on the 163T (possibly awaiting the Black Paint of Death)

6 hours ago, go25 said:

Can confirm seeing 18032 at CMF. Also saw 7740 (Oradell) parked outside of Ironbound while having its luminator signs still showing it on the 163T (possibly awaiting the Black Paint of Death)

Wow that sucks, I guess the back frame was irreplaceable.  I won't be surprised ends up there next too. That was more damaged than 18032.  I wonder if those buses will be replaced for Washington Twp.  17065 was at Ironbound for maintenance and 17064 was sent there too since it has been out of service for a while.  I wonder if both of those buses will be assigned to Washington Twp once their repairs are complete.  I don't think the Camden garage needs 17064.  

• 1 month later...

7697 is most likely retired because of the following reasons:

1. I have video footage of this unit being driven in Newark found here:https://photos.app.goo.gl/A7Cc4uXgJeMJBp6t7 Taken November 2nd,2021

2. I check the tracker for this bus and followed it on the tracker until it arrived at Ironbound Garage.

3. I check the logs of when this bus last ran and it logged: September 28th,2021.

Rip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...