Subway Chief May Quit Over Tensions With Cuomo, Colleagues Fear

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Byford and cuomo

Perfect grammatical use of those nouns!

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Honestly, if Byford and cuomo can come to an accord and get things moving in the right direction for New York than we can all enjoy a great transit system.

Sure, if we can extract politics, the ego's of any & everyone involved, and seriously start putting the public first.....

I have a better chance of counting to infinity starting from zero, before that happens....

Edited by B35 via Church

8 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Perfect grammatical use of those nouns!

Sure, if we can extract politics, the ego's of any & everyone involved, and seriously start putting the public first.....

I have a better chance of counting to infinity starting from zero, before that happens....

#Facts.  So far what I get with Byford is that we wants to work with Cuomo. However, cuomo is trying to appease the upstate delegation and they give two shits about New York City Transit. 

If the MTA had good structure a real regional transportation system could exist between New York City and Albany (at the very least) at least on the Railroad spectrum. I wouldn’t want a 3 hour bus ride via the thruway into New York City. 

13 hours ago, Lex said:

Aside from being wholly unqualified based on my nonexistent credentials (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez actually studied law), I won't even be eligible to be governor for several years.

Run for assembly. Or state Senate.

20 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

#Facts.  So far what I get with Byford is that we wants to work with Cuomo. However, cuomo is trying to appease the upstate delegation and they give two shits about New York City Transit. 

If the MTA had good structure a real regional transportation system could exist between New York City and Albany (at the very least) at least on the Railroad spectrum. I wouldn’t want a 3 hour bus ride via the thruway into New York City. 

The MTA would have had to been chartered as a statewide transit system in order to do that, or changed legislatively, so that it can provide rail service beyond Poughkeepsie and Port Jervis.

I’m not really sure how Cuomo sidelining Andy Byford whenever it suits him will please upstate politicians. It doesn’t really benefit them one way or the other. Unless Cuomo starts calling for a major expansion of Buffalo’s Metro Rail or putting some kind of rail transit back in the abandoned subway tunnel in Rochester, I can’t see how they would be pleased by Cuomo clashing with Byford or trying to push him towards the exit. No matter how much the state spends on the MTA, there will be some upstate pols who will gripe over it, because their minds are stuck squarely in the 1950s.

1 hour ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

I’m not really sure how Cuomo sidelining Andy Byford whenever it suits him will please upstate politicians.

Simple. They’re not spending upstate money on the City.

Doesn’t matter that it’s actually city money being spent upstate and downstate - perception of victimhood and feelings of resentment abound.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Jcb said:

Typical. Cuomo just can't let himself look good by being hands off. Him doing literally nothing would be better than this.

The problem is, voters in a Presidential primary outside New York WANT someone who is "hands on" and Cuomo knows it. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, Lawrence St said:

I mean I can see why. Cuomo wants to get involved in EVERYTHING to make himself look good. I already know the (L) problem is going to get bigger. Andy can't make NYC the transport hub he visions it to be when its always Cuomo standing in his way.

It's believed by some Cuomo's DONORS ordered him to do that.  That likely included withdrawing any support for a Presidential bid unless Cuomo did this. 

20 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

It's believed by some Cuomo's DONORS ordered him to do that.  That likely included withdrawing any support for a Presidential bid unless Cuomo did this. 

I don’t think Cuomo’s gonna run this go around. At best I think he’ll be Joe Biden’s running mate should Biden end up running.

If Biden runs I think that would be great because he’s one of the only ones that recognizes how important public transit truly is. A Biden/Cuomo ticket would be icing on the cake because it would rid Albany of Cuomo while keeping him out of the actual Oval Office for the time being.