Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

Hello everyone, 

just setting up a post where we can share our progress during the hiring process.

April 23 was the exam deadline, the MTA will be testing us on either Saturday August 3rd, or Sunday August 4th.

If you’ve taken a past exam, please feel free to post what to study for the exam, and if you have any other tips.

Good Luck all.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the exam on 08/03, the staff said they were expecting 300 people in that session alone. 

It’s was all reading comprehension, with the exception of one of two ohms law questions or power formula questions.

The answer keys will be posted on 09/05.

Hopefully they give us the SPA relatively quick like the last time since they are hurting for applicants. 

For 2018 they took the exam in July and took the spa in December, and started hiring by June 2019

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In order to be elegible for this position do we need both education and experience or we can have one. For example I have my degree in eet but no working experience so would I be qualified for the position. Notice of exam  says education or experience and some say you need both so confused here.  

• 2 weeks later...

Attended what I was told was the first SPA exam, for this exam it was held on Dec 21st at 8 am, they said they would be holding additional spa exams based on scores for next few months and then we could expect the exams being released in 6 months to a year from then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, if anyone is still on this forum, i just received an email from Daniel.Park@nyct.com but it was an email composed of random letters "gghhhffnnn" stuff like that. After further research i come to find that Daniel Park is a staff analyst for the MTA and he manages all the exam stuff. Did anyone get an email from him saying something other than random text?

On 1/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, NycHopeful718 said:

Attended what I was told was the first SPA exam, for this exam it was held on Dec 21st at 8 am, they said they would be holding additional spa exams based on scores for next few months and then we could expect the exams being released in 6 months to a year from then.

Hear back from anyone? email or mail 

1 hour ago, Elk N said:

Hey guys, if anyone is still on this forum, i just received an email from Daniel.Park@nyct.com but it was an email composed of random letters "gghhhffnnn" stuff like that. After further research i come to find that Daniel Park is a staff analyst for the MTA and he manages all the exam stuff. Did anyone get an email from him saying something other than random text?

Hey i also got that email he just wrote Gdfgfdg dfgfdg gffffffffhfghthnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn on the email and my name thats it anyone else?

3 hours ago, Derrick 121 said:

Hey i also got that email he just wrote Gdfgfdg dfgfdg gffffffffhfghthnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn on the email and my name thats it anyone else?

3 hours ago, Kad96 said:

Just got an email that consisted of that same thing took this same exam but haven’t heard anything back not even for a spa what was your score?? Has the scores come out yet ? Received no further instruction. Thanks  @Elk N

I think this was a mass email message gone wrong maybe? Im almost positive its that. I sent the exams unit an email and ill keep you guys updated on what i hear. They know our name and its a @nyct email so it has to be something related to our helper spot.

Hey guys so emailed back that Daniel park saying he has sent me my spa results but I replied back saying I never took a spa then had to email examsmakeups@nyct.com and write to them that I  was never Scheudled to take a spa and never received a notification. They said they sent an admission letter but I’ve  never received anything but now I am Scheudled to take it February 08. So strongly advise you to email them and then call this number If you never heard anything back.  cuz this was the number that called me to inform about the date. 347 643 7221.  Good luck. 

20 hours ago, Derrick 121 said:

5 hours ago, Kad96 said:

Hey guys so emailed back that Daniel park saying he has sent me my spa results but I replied back saying I never took a spa then had to email examsmakeups@nyct.com and write to them that I  was never Scheudled to take a spa and never received a notification. They said they sent an admission letter but I’ve  never received anything but now I am Scheudled to take it February 08. So strongly advise you to email them and then call this number If you never heard anything back.  cuz this was the number that called me to inform about the date. 347 643 7221.  Good luck. 

Yeah the email was one big glitch, i kind of just want him to tell me now instead of waiting a whole week for a letter. Its gonna be a long week.

@Kad96 They will show you 10 pictures of someone doing something unsafe or close to, and you need to tell them what they need to do for it to be safe. For example i got shown a picture of a lady about run into a bucket and they said "She trips over the bucket what can she do so that her coworkers don't do the same" The answer is simply move it so it does not impede the way of anyone else. I could have used better english but i was nervous. Everything is verbal and will be recorded on a little recorder. Dont get nervous and dont give 2 answers.