Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s a good thing if you did drug test and you received the email for background check you most likely going in Monday for the final processing then she’ll let you know when you start. She said there’s an upcoming class in about a week or two right after the class that’s going in the fourth. I went in today for final processing and start Jan 04. 

36 minutes ago, Kad96 said:

That’s a good thing if you did drug test and you received the email for background check you most likely going in Monday for the final processing then she’ll let you know when you start. She said there’s an upcoming class in about a week or two right after the class that’s going in the fourth. I went in today for final processing and start Jan 04. 

How should we dress? When I went in I saw people in business casual others in sweatpants some in suits!!! Never know how to dress for these things. 

55 minutes ago, Kad96 said:

O snap! I hope so. One question is the final processing an interview? Or it just paper work and they tell you where you will be placed? 

People came in business attire but you don’t have to there were others like myself with regular clothes on. I went to work straight after so I had my boots on and jeans. They don’t really care tbh. It’ isn’t an interview it’s just a review of all the documents they sent in that email and get sworn in nothing to worry about. Just make sure you have your money order for fingerprints. Has to be money order from usps or the others one they accept. 

You don’t get told which station or sept you report to until training is over which she said should take about a month according to Michelle. But you should know which dept you should be placed in from the email they sent. I’m in the elevator and escalator dept. will update y’all along my process. Just hang in y’all my list was around 140 to give others an idea where they stand. 

1 hour ago, Kad96 said:

People came in business attire but you don’t have to there were others like myself with regular clothes on. I went to work straight after so I had my boots on and jeans. They don’t really care tbh. It’ isn’t an interview it’s just a review of all the documents they sent in that email and get sworn in nothing to worry about. Just make sure you have your money order for fingerprints. Has to be money order from usps or the others one they accept. 

Can you explain about the money order. This is first time hearing about it. 

Wait so what did the email say about you guys going on the fourth?? There’s suppose to be attachments on them that your suppose to fill out prior to going Monday. One of the attachment is a list of what you have to bring with you for final processing. 

The email was structured just like the drug test. With the same info and a link on what to bring. Same as before License, Diploma, etc etc.  The email Reads" NYCT Provisional Transit Electrical Helper Canvas Letter/Appointment Ticket" in the sub title. I read it and had no fingerprint info. Maybe Monday it will be discussed. Hope so. 

43 minutes ago, Kad96 said:

Wait so what did the email say about you guys going on the fourth?? There’s suppose to be attachments on them that your suppose to fill out prior to going Monday. One of the attachment is a list of what you have to bring with you for final processing. 

The email was structured just like the drug test. With the same info and a link on what to bring. Same as before License, Diploma, etc etc.  The email Reads" NYCT Provisional Transit Electrical Helper Canvas Letter/Appointment Ticket" in the sub title. I read it and had no fingerprint info. Maybe Monday it will be discussed. Hope so. 

Hey guys just an update, went in today and come to find out. I had to redo all the paper work I had filled back in September in addition to other drug test. The only good news is I saw my list number in the 70's and got to see the department I am placed at for now which is Elevators & Escalators. Lets see how long before they actually give us a start day. 

I also went today and had to refill out all the paperwork, luckily it just gave me something to do while waiting for them to call me up. I saw my list number and it was in the 160’s, and I’m also in Elevators as seen on the paperwork they handed me

On 1/4/2021 at 7:31 PM, J3737 said:

I also went today and had to refill out all the paperwork, luckily it just gave me something to do while waiting for them to call me up. I saw my list number and it was in the 160’s, and I’m also in Elevators as seen on the paperwork they handed me

Usually the first batch of new hires will go to E&E. Don't be suprised if your paper work says one thing and when you go to swear in, they tell you that you're going to a different department.

1 hour ago, sweetorange said:

Does anyone know who should I contact if I have recently moved to a new address??? Thank you...

I had change my address to go to MTA building on Livingston it’s on the first floor next to the security guards to your right the person behind that glass

24 minutes ago, J3737 said:

I just got the call from michelle and email with all the paperwork, I have to go in this Friday 1/22 and it looks like I’ll have the start date for February 1st for the class

Question what’s your list number or around your list number not the exact number so we all can know around what number there at

If you guys get an official letter with your list # in the mail, let me know please. My fiance's brother took the exam but ran into a snag with the experience so its up in the air. Also, if anybody is assigned to Power Dept., I can give you some insight. I'm in Cable Section in Power Dept. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jamal022 said:

Question what’s your list number or around your list number not the exact number so we all can know around what number there at

49 minutes ago, GerardL said:

If you guys get an official letter with your list # in the mail, let me know please. My fiance's brother took the exam but ran into a snag with the experience so its up in the air. Also, if anybody is assigned to Power Dept., I can give you some insight. I'm in Cable Section in Power Dept. Thanks.

I never got it in the mail, I only saw it on the paperwork when I went a few weeks ago for the second drug test. My list # was in the 160s but I’m not sure if they’re even going in order lol