Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

i don't know what it is, why did they respond to me later on that day on the 17th saying they received my application... now I'm thinking like did i do something wrong or right how come you guys didn't get a email saying they receive your application this is the exact email they sent me guys....i sent the response back on the 17th at 531pm they sent this back at 608pm let me know guys what y'all think.. love

Good evening, 

Be advised that your application has been received and forwarded to the hiring analyst for review and consideration. 

You'll be advised of the outcome. 

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GhostRiderNYC said:

I also saw my list number 

Yeah my list # was below 100. I'm assuming that is a good thing considering the amount of people that applied. It was my 2nd drug test. The lab lady said I took a 2nd one because my other drug test had expired. She also noted that if you don't receive an email with results that it is a good thing. She said if you receive the results it is most likely because something was detected. They also asked if you have any tickets pending. I had 2 and the lady told me to pay them before I go to lab to be safe.

3 hours ago, Kevnyc98 said:

Yeah my list # was below 100. I'm assuming that is a good thing considering the amount of people that applied. It was my 2nd drug test. The lab lady said I took a 2nd one because my other drug test had expired. She also noted that if you don't receive an email with results that it is a good thing. She said if you receive the results it is most likely because something was detected. They also asked if you have any tickets pending. I had 2 and the lady told me to pay them before I go to lab to be safe.

Did your guys call by list number>??

On 4/14/2021 at 1:45 PM, sweetorange said:

Did your guys call by list number>??

I never got an email saying they received my canvass letter they just told me to come in for drug test. And I'm not sure if they called by list number. I got a call from Michelle yesterday I start in May. I'm going to assume that they're going by list number now that they established a list. So if you haven't been called yet it may be due to your list number

They emailed me a canvassing letter "Transit Electrical Helper" for pre-employment on March 10th, 2021, which I completed and emailed back. I'm also in the process of going to do my medical on April 26th for "Track Worker 8600" in anticipation of start date may 3rd class, but I would really prefer to get the position of Transit Electrical helper instead. How should I move forward?

Edited by MTAsha

On 4/17/2021 at 11:53 AM, Kevnyc98 said:

I never got an email saying they received my canvass letter they just told me to come in for drug test. And I'm not sure if they called by list number. I got a call from Michelle yesterday I start in May. I'm going to assume that they're going by list number now that they established a list. So if you haven't been called yet it may be due to your list number

What day in May did Michelle say you start?

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2021 at 4:57 PM, Jamal022 said:

Hope all is well Finished up on final process start class June 14 just wanted to give an update

Yeah I finished final processing at the end of April I was supposed to start May 3rd but I got a medical hold because I hadn't shaved my beard. Due to that I was placed in the June 14th class. So heads up for those that have to do medical still, make sure your beard is shaved or else it may cause delay.

15 hours ago, Kevnyc98 said:

Yeah I finished final processing at the end of April I was supposed to start May 3rd but I got a medical hold because I hadn't shaved my beard. Due to that I was placed in the June 14th class. So heads up for those that have to do medical still, make sure your beard is shaved or else it may cause delay.

Best of luck to you!!! Please keep us posted on your progress in classroom and at the  signals department !!!!

On 6/2/2021 at 7:42 PM, Kevnyc98 said:

What dept. you going to that you had a medical hold because of your beard? That's something new because we only had to shave our beards once we went to Confined Space training or Respirator class. We only shave now when we have a job that we need to wear a respirator.

On 6/2/2021 at 7:42 PM, Kevnyc98 said:

That can't be true because I made it passed medical with no problem and I have a full beard and I start on June 14th class. Also I my friend told me that I will have to shave for respirator training as well and He is with PD (Power Distribution Maintenance).

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, sweetorange said:

Received a letter in mail today with my score and list number. No calls so far...anyone knows about how long i will be called for physical? Thanks..

I received letter in mail on Saturday with my score and list number too. My list number is below 50 but I have no idea when they will call. 

On 6/4/2021 at 1:15 PM, MTAsha said:

That can't be true because I made it passed medical with no problem and I have a full beard and I start on June 14th class. Also I my friend told me that I will have to shave for respirator training as well and He is with PD (Power Distribution Maintenance).

Question: How much did you score on the multiple choice  exam? 

They are not calling by List number. But when you get called up and let's say your List # is 1, and a person who was List # 300 who has been working months before you, you will come in having higher seniority than the person with list #300 because you are list #1.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:58 PM, Jamal022 said:

No that not how it works seniority works whoever’s been working on the books longer I just finished class if list #1 Finish class in October his seniority is not higher than mine

Yup. Whoever starts working first has higher seniority. If #300 is hired first and #1 is hired 3 days later, 300 is senior. Not sure if you guys are coming in permanent or provisional but taking that same situation, if you were hired provisionally, if 1 became permanent first, then he would be senior.

• 2 weeks later...