Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

5 hours ago, Kad96 said:

So I called this number 347 643 8197 and the lady who answered said that those who got called back to take the drug test are part of a pilot program because supposedly were provisional and suppose to hear back in the next two weeks. I told her that I paid for the exam so i don’t understand how it’s provisional because no where in the application says that. She stated that if I didn’t get a list number or a position before comming in for drug test were all part of preliminary people who past. Guys call this number she prolly can explain it better than I can. 

So basically we all just have to sit and wait?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

michelle.lewis2@nyct.com is the email i was given when i called that number. She was the one who gave us our canvass letters, email her and ask for an update with subject line "TEH 9624". Shes usually very busy but if all email her maybe she will reply back. I was the one who called to remind her that none of us had received our invitation to drug test so im guessing she has alot on her plate. Send her an email when you guys can PLEASE.

29 minutes ago, Elk N said:

michelle.lewis2@nyct.com is the email i was given when i called that number. She was the one who gave us our canvass letters, email her and ask for an update with subject line "TEH 9624". Shes usually very busy but if all email her maybe she will reply back. I was the one who called to remind her that none of us had received our invitation to drug test so im guessing she has alot on her plate. Send her an email when you guys can PLEASE.

Send her an email today, and she will probably get back to us this week. We gotta be loud and annoying.

So I called that number you guys have left, and pressed 3. The gentleman I spoke with gave me the same email (michelle.lewis2@nyct.com) and suggested I contact her to ask for more info. I mentioned to him that it seems like some people are in different stages and some have even been hired already and he said something like “Don’t worry about others, they may just be feeding you BS”... seems a little sketchy, but I’ll see if Michelle replies to the email. I haven’t received my list number either, which I mentioned on the phone and in the email. The last step I’ve done is the drug test on 10/7.

Edited by J3737

27 minutes ago, J3737 said:

So I called that number you guys have left, and pressed 3. The gentleman I spoke with gave me the same email (michelle.lewis2@nyct.com) and suggested I contact her to ask for more info. I mentioned to him that it seems like some people are in different stages and some have even been hired already and he said something like “Don’t worry about others, they may just be feeding you BS”... seems a little sketchy, but I’ll see if Michelle replies to the email. I haven’t received my list number either, which I mentioned on the phone and in the email. The last step I’ve done is the drug test on 10/7.

When you were filling up paperwork Before the drug test didn’t they give you your list number to put down on the paper? Because the guy at the front counter give me my list number and said to make sure to put it in appropriate box on the paperwork

41 minutes ago, GhostRiderNYC said:

When you were filling up paperwork Before the drug test didn’t they give you your list number to put down on the paper? Because the guy at the front counter give me my list number and said to make sure to put it in appropriate box on the paperwork

No, I had left it blank and they never gave it to me to put anywhere. I heard back from Michelle already and all she said was “Your application is currently under review.  You will be contacted when the hiring process have commenced”. I’ve yet to be told my list number still...

Hey guys, so I haven't done my medical yet after submitting the canvass letter back on 9/19. I did reach out to Michelle and even called her. She didn't pick up my call as I have tried numerous times so I emailed her. Her reply to me was "You will be contacted in the future when there are opening and we are able to reach your list #. " I replied back to her asking her if she knew my list number so I have an idea where I stand and when I can expect to be called for medical but did not receive a reply after that. I sent this email to her back in October. I followed up with her today hoping to receive a response. 

Sounds like most people here in the forums have already went in for their medical pending next steps. I'm hoping to join you guys shortly! 

9 hours ago, theleapfrog said:

Just wanted to provide an update, there is a pending class in December. For those who are still waiting to be called for medical, will be contacted when the transit electrical helper hiring process resumes. This is the response I have received from Michelle. 

funny how they give different responses to everyone... thanks for the update though!

13 hours ago, Kad96 said:

Does anyone know if having points on your liscense effect you of being hired for the position. 

I think as long as you dont have a dui or reckless driving you should be good, anything small like 3-4 pt tickets are fine, i have a red light ticket for 3 pts under mine.

• 3 weeks later...