Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, J3737 said:

Got an email a few hours ago asking if they have permission to contact my current employer for the background check... welp, guess they’re going to know I plan on leaving ASAP lol

21 hours ago, Elk N said:

Got a call and email from michelle, alot of paperwork to do. Im going to livingston on the 28th, starting class on the 4th of next year. 

Hey guys any thing if you can start a latter date? Did you have an option? As well do you guys know what unit your going to be assigned to? Congrats! 

Wasn’t given No option for later date was asked  if I was able to start the date they gave.  wasn’t going to turn away the opportunity never know how long till they contact back if you do defer for a future class. On my letter it says for elevator and escalator dept but heard stories that sometimes you get placed in other depts other than the one that was listed in your offer letter so won’t know until final paperwork 

36 minutes ago, Kad96 said:

Wasn’t given No option for later date was asked  if I was able to start the date they gave.  wasn’t going to turn away the opportunity never know how long till they contact back if you do defer for a future class. On my letter it says for elevator and escalator dept but heard stories that sometimes you get placed in other depts other than the one that was listed in your offer letter so won’t know until final paperwork 

Wow super nice man! Thats a great department btw. Yea you got that right, you never know with them. O well I think I should be getting called soon as they called me two days ago to contact my previous employer. Thanks!

@J3737 it took a couple weeks after the background check. I received a call again from Michelle telling me that there was a scheudle mishap and I’m suppose to look out for email to come in for final processing within the next two weeks for a upcoming feburary class. I was suppose to go in for Monday but was told not to come in and wait for another email for final processing. 

Hey guys it’s been a while since I logged on I been really busy with training and all I started 11/9/20 . I’m glad to hear many of you will be starting class soon and congrats on the department you got placed in!!. I was placed in power, within power they have other sections such as cables, testing, zones, and system operations. I was placed in system operations, the department is short staffed and are pushing people to move up fast, my helper class is taking some classes maintainer  classes take that’s how much they are rushing I would love to see some of you in this department. I have friends in elevator and escalators and other departments and for some reason you have to take a test to get transferred to power if you already in other department and many fail and idk why... so maybe you could ask you get placed here in the first place if you wish I promise you will not regret it.  But regardless you guys have a foot in already congrats brothers welcome it’s uphill from here. 

1 hour ago, Alex138 said:

Hey guys it’s been a while since I logged on I been really busy with training and all I started 11/9/20 . I’m glad to hear many of you will be starting class soon and congrats on the department you got placed in!!. I was placed in power, within power they have other sections such as cables, testing, zones, and system operations. I was placed in system operations, the department is short staffed and are pushing people to move up fast, my helper class is taking some classes maintainer  classes take that’s how much they are rushing I would love to see some of you in this department. I have friends in elevator and escalators and other departments and for some reason you have to take a test to get transferred to power if you already in other department and many fail and idk why... so maybe you could ask you get placed here in the first place if you wish I promise you will not regret it.  But regardless you guys have a foot in already congrats brothers welcome it’s uphill from here. 

Wow nice! Thanks for the feedback! What are the hours like? And how long is the training? Also do you have a choice on location? Thanks! Take care!

36 minutes ago, theleapfrog said:

Wow congratz! I still haven't received an appointment for the drug test yet. Although I did submit all the paperwork back in September. 

How often are we suppose to follow up with Michelle to get an appointment for the drug test/medical? 

Does anyone have a Ideal what number there at I still didn’t received any paperwork in my email 

46 minutes ago, Jamal022 said:

Does anyone have a Ideal what number there at I still didn’t received any paperwork in my email 

I have no idea, they didn't tell me and I haven't gotten anything in the mail. 

1 hour ago, theleapfrog said:

Wow congratz! I still haven't received an appointment for the drug test yet. Although I did submit all the paperwork back in September. 

How often are we suppose to follow up with Michelle to get an appointment for the drug test/medical? 

You might want to email her to check. I remember when I submitted the paper work I got an email a few days latter but I had to call them to just check if they got the email. I got the email in Sep then a week latter took the drug test. 

1 hour ago, Emil2020 said:

I have no idea, they didn't tell me and I haven't gotten anything in the mail. 

You might want to email her to check. I remember when I submitted the paper work I got an email a few days latter but I had to call them to just check if they got the email. I got the email in Sep then a week latter took the drug test. 

No I talked to someone about it already she gave me my list number and said they didn’t get to my number yet

On 12/27/2020 at 11:09 PM, Alex138 said:

Tell us the good stuff bro, where do you commute to? Whats the schedule? 

On 12/27/2020 at 11:09 PM, Alex138 said:

Also did you have to wear interview clothing for the final process?

On 12/25/2020 at 12:15 AM, Elk N said:

Michelle called me telling me my drug test expired and ill be going in the 28th to get drug tested and be hired sometime this thurs or wednesday, hope i dont get a run around again.

any chance you can post that number so i can give'em a call