West New York Mayor: More buses coming to the 128

mfs NJT459

West New York Mayor Felix Roque greeted commuters at the intersection of 60th Street and Boulevard East this morning to let them know that NJ Transit is increasing the number of their express buses from eight to 13 express buses during rush hour.

https://hudsoncountyview.com/mayor-roque-says-more-express-nj-transit-buses-coming-to-west-new-york/

4 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I'm assuming they're talking about the 159 with the express service? The way they article is written makes it appear as if the 128 was the express, which confused me for a second. 

I think when they meant Express Buses, using the MTA term, since all their MCIs and Prevost buses are called Express Bus.  But yeah they said more bus runs starting from 60th on Blvd East on the 128, since the other 165, 166, 168 buses that make it to 60th St are standing room only

5 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I'm assuming they're talking about the 159 with the express service? The way they article is written makes it appear as if the 128 was the express, which confused me for a second. 

Negative.....

What's being done here is nothing more than an increase of those #128 short turns (that run from 60th to PABT).....

This mayor is ignorantly calling short turns express buses.... Disgustingly misleading.

As an aside, the 128 now runs 7 days a week with a few trips on Saturday and Sunday to help out along Boulevard East.  There actually have been unscheduled 128 weekend trips in the past that have run at random intervals at the direction of station starters (usually runs on the 165, 166 or 167 that have missed their regular trips and done short Blvd East trips to help out.  These would then deadhead back to PABT to continue their run on schedule).  

Hopefully, this is a first step toward getting the 165/166/168 off the Boulevard completely and making the 128 a full time 24/7 line.