De Blasio expected to announce 2020 presidential run next week: sources

If this is true, holy f**king shit...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-de-blasio-2020-president-white-house-campaign-announcement-20190503-xsjuocb7zfhqxhh5vmoi3dup5q-story.html?outputType=amp

Mayor de Blasio is expected to announce he’s running for president next week, according to four sources with knowledge of the plans.

The 2020 announcement could come as early as de Blasio’s birthday on Wednesday, when he’ll turn 58, two sources said. The kickoff was initially expected this week but pushed back, according to another source.

De Blasio’s federal political action committee, Fairness PAC, recently polled Iowa voters. The PAC also bankrolled the mayor’s recent travel to key early voting primary states, including trips to Nevada, Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Fairness PAC spokesman Mike Casca — who took an unpaid leave of absence from City Hall last month to work for the committee – said “no decision” has been made yet and wouldn’t explicitly deny that de Blasio was announcing a campaign next week.

en qualify for the first debates, which have been capped by the Democratic National Committee at 20 participants split over two consecutive nights.

To get on the debate stage, candidates must either earn 1% or more support in three particular polls or hit certain thresholds for campaign donations. De Blasio said Friday he doesn’t believe he qualifies for the debates yet.

“The debates are important, there’s a lot of other factors in how…a campaign of this importance emerges,” he said on WNYC’s “The Brian Lehrer Show” Friday.

De Blasio said Thursday he planned to make a decision this month after toying with a White House bid for half a year.

How his wife and two children feel about a campaign is his “number one concern,” but de Blasio said the field and polling will also be taken into account.

Polls of Democrats nationally and New Yorkers in the five boroughs show little enthusiasm for a de Blasio 2020 campaign. A whopping 76% of city voters don’t want him to run for president next year, according to one Quinnipiac University poll released last month.

We have (someone that I've long dubbed) the greatest troll in history as this country's current presi biggest figurehead.... BdB taking over that role doesn't move me one way or the other....

It's enough that we, in this country, have that lying ditz Ocasio-Cortez as one member of the US House of Reps.... Personally I think the minions could do a better job than these all of these clowns in politics....

F**k De Blasio, He is a Hypocrite and He is taking away Cigrattes and Buildings with Glass and Steels. (Claiming it is Contributing to Climate Change and Global Warming)

I'm all for Enviromental Protection and but this Green New Deal Shit is not going help and work. I Like Beto's Eviromental Plan.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:08 PM, GojiMet86 said:

Cuomo would have been in it too, if it hadn't been so crowded. Dude's probably pissed AF now.

I'm wondering if DeBlasio is trying to goad Cuomo into running so he can embarass him on the national page.

I suspect DeBlasio is running strictly to piss Cuomo off.