South Channel Bridge on the (A) and (H)

Jemorie

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/21/south-channel-bridge-a-train/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.amny.com/amp/transit/rockaway-bridge-bane-of-a-train-riders-commutes-1.23416581

So these two particular articles, including the full line review of the (A) / (C), states that the bridge located between the Broad Channel subway station and the Rockaway sub-branches is one of the major causes of delays to the (A) and (H), the latter of which is better known as the Rockaway Park Shuttle to the public. It’s not only because of the bridge’s age but also marine traffic. So I have a question...is there any other way for the marine traffic to be rerouted elsewhere? So that the South Channel Bridge can finally close permanently all without interrupting (A) and (H) service? If no, why not?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

The only way I could see this being fixed is if they demolished the bridge and built a new one that was higher (maybe build a new bridge adjacent to the old one and then shut down the line for a month or two while connecting the leads?)

Imagine if they did that with that Sandy money when they were rebuilding that bridge...

26 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

The only way I see it is to ban marine traffic during rush hours, because if that bridge opens and gets stuck open, whoever is on board a train that's not near a station will remain there for a while.

Didn't they manage to do that recently for the Portal Bridge (ban rush hour traffic)