Video Shows Disgusting Subway Full of Trash

Harry

20 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

At some point, this is going to have to constitute a public health crisis.

Chances are that this won't happen until people actually die. All you need is one of those people you somehow contract something nasty and infect everybody else.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

5 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

It was sarcasm with a touch of truth (I always take the (3) over the (2) since all the crazy sh*t always happens on the (2) )

Yeah, because much of no one's really taking the (3) more than a few stops, anyway.

12 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Straight to Bellevue is where the cops would take this guy if they found him. Then he'd be released 3 days late because he's not a danger to self or others, and right back to doing this again. 

Working at Bellevue or being the cop who’s assigned to do that must suck. I hope they pay lots for staff to take this kind of crap.

18 hours ago, Enjineer said:

This isn't even someone being a slob or just homelessness: this is someone who is mentally ill. Most of the homeless are in shelters and you would not be able to tell them apart from any other person on the street. 

The fact is that most of homeless people in the subway system are smelly. And MTA cannot deal with them so they can occupy a car during rush hour. Things will get worsen after R211T open gangway arrive, they would occupy the whole train at that time.

Bad odors from the bodies are manageable in open gangway cars, but NOT with cars full of trash.... 😂

I guess the homeless people in the clip were practicing how to make the entire train smell bad when open gangway train began service (jk)

Seriously, I really don't wanna that becomes a reason (or excuse?) we can't have nice stuffs. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The amount of people on the subways who are homeless and also experiencing mental health problems is becoming unbearable. I've noticed that I can't go from point A to B on the train without having the 'pleasure' of encountering one of these people. It is truly unfortunate. 

21 hours ago, <6>PelhamExp said:

The amount of people on the subways who are homeless and also experiencing mental health problems is becoming unbearable. I've noticed that I can't go from point A to B on the train without having the 'pleasure' of encountering one of these people. It is truly unfortunate. 

Yes, unfortunate, and the sheer extent of it all will only get worse... I don't miss taking the subway to get to work one bit...

Wait 'til the 'Boomers all die off & Gen X'ers become the oldest living elders.... If we're being honest with ourselves, we'll admit that they're (X-ers) not passing off homes to their offsprings like that (can't give what you don't have)..... I mean, quiet is as kept, while it's widely said & generally accepted that Millennials aren't buying (homes), guess what else they aren't buying? Cars.... That's Kars with a Kay !

What does that mean? Well, short of telecommuting & home-schooling, the dependence of public transportation will be that much more on the rise here (crazy as that sounds)... While more convenient, it is simply unsustainable to have a significant amount of the masses in this city ride-sharing to get ((wherever)) 5+ days a week...

As for the increasing amount of those with poor and/or steady deteriorating levels of mental health, I think in terms of the city's homeless, it's moot.... Moot in the sense of, we don't really know if most of the city's homeless were nuts before they became homeless, or the fact that they ended up homeless made them nuts.....

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:41 AM, B35 via Church said:

Yes, unfortunate, and the sheer extent of it all will only get worse... I don't miss taking the subway to get to work one bit...

Wait 'til the 'Boomers all die off & Gen X'ers become the oldest living elders.... If we're being honest with ourselves, we'll admit that they're (X-ers) not passing off homes to their offsprings like that (can't give what you don't have)..... I mean, quiet is as kept, while it's widely said & generally accepted that Millennials aren't buying (homes), guess what else they aren't buying? Cars.... That's Kars with a Kay !

What does that mean? Well, short of telecommuting & home-schooling, the dependence of public transportation will be that much more on the rise here (crazy as that sounds)... While more convenient, it is simply unsustainable to have a significant amount of the masses in this city ride-sharing to get ((wherever)) 5+ days a week...

As for the increasing amount of those with poor and/or steady deteriorating levels of mental health, I think in terms of the city's homeless, it's moot.... Moot in the sense of, we don't really know if most of the city's homeless were nuts before they became homeless, or the fact that they ended up homeless made them nuts.....

First off, I hate you for reminding me of that damn song.

As for the decrease of homebuying in this generation, it's because most of us already have a 30-year mortgage by the time we leave school due to the ever-increasing cost of education. Then there's the costs of actually buying anything around here. Nowadays, you have to go pretty far out from the city to get the best bang for your buck, unless you're trying to do the fixer upper thing.

With that said, this ever-growing homeless problem has to be curtailed. It's already fast becoming a quality of life issue for everyone with incidents like the one captured in the opening post happening with growing frequency. Riders shouldn't have to wade through piles of garbage or deal with "passengers" who smell like something worse than death warmed over. Maybe instead of running a campaign that's never going to go anywhere or avoiding the agency until it's time for a photo-op, perhaps our esteemed mayor and governor can actually do something about this before this city becomes San Francisco II.

27 minutes ago, Lance said:

First off, I hate you for reminding me of that damn song.

can we add a rule to the site where that song is not allowed to be mentioned..?

27 minutes ago, Lance said:

With that said, this ever-growing homeless problem has to be curtailed. It's already fast becoming a quality of life issue for everyone with incidents like the one captured in the opening post happening with growing frequency. Riders shouldn't have to wade through piles of garbage or deal with "passengers" who smell like something worse than death warmed over. Maybe instead of running a campaign that's never going to go anywhere or avoiding the agency until it's time for a photo-op, perhaps our esteemed mayor and governor can actually do something about this before this city becomes San Francisco II.

they only want to do things that are easy. 

Being "progressive" for progressive's sake.

I used to take the L to school in the late 2000s. Nice and quiet.

Then, from 2015 until last year, I was taking it to my job. everyday, without fail, there was a person begging on the train. And some of them actually started DEMANDING we give them money. 

they took the benches away from a small triangle park under the M at Forest because it was attracting them. So the all just plopped on the station stairs.

the two of them have been abject failures as leaders, because they just want to produce flashy results, and can't worry about the long term goals. 

I never knew homelessness on the subway was this bad. And a whole car too... City government needs to take control of the situation, it's getting worse and worse by the day. 

It's not the first time though, I remember a long time ago there was a picture with a similar situation on the (5) train.