Want to know more about training schedule and college point depot

zbrush

I was hired as a MTABus operator.  I passed on day 10 which was yesterday for me.  Today for me was uniform fitting and listining to the TWU100 union.  Tomorrow I have to go to Zerega Avenue again. 

However, I wanted to know what is the training schedule like from tomorrow and out?  I mean, when does line training start and how long does it last?

My biggest worry is trying to remember the routes.  Are we allowed to keep notes to remind us where to go?  Like tape it to the side somewhere so I can glance at it once awhile as reference?  It looks like I'll be going to college point and any information about that depot would be appreciated.  I have no idea how complicated anyof their routes can be.

One other concern that I have is that i came to MTA from another city agency.  I'm currently on Conditional Leave which basically means that if I do not like working for MTA during probation I can go back to my previous city job.  However, I cannot simply resign from MTA.  I would have to ask to be reinstated first and then resign from MTA as I cannot have a break in city service.  If I resign from MTA first, I may not be able to return to my previous job.  My previous city job benefits are identical to MTA but MTA benefits are a bit better.  Only difference is the pay is lower and won't be going up any time soon.  That is the only reason I left to be honest.  If it weren't for the low pay I would probably stay their indefinitely.  

In the worse case scenerio, if I was to be told I was fired and was asked to resign from MTA, am I required to sign documents right away?  Because I will need to be reinstated first by my last job which can take several days or a week.  I'm asking this because it appears lot of people were fired on the spot from MTABus during training?  My last job I was a civil servant right now I am no longer a civil servant.  Which is what worries me.  I do not want to jepordize both jobs.  I'm using my last job as a safetly net basically.  

I think after I start line training I will know if this job is right for me so I want to stay here for awhile before I even consider asking to be reinstated.  I think I just need more info about what to expect next from training and the college point depot.  

First, congrats on passing!

Second, although I'm not an MTA employee, I can tell you this:

This page has some of the information between the routes and the specific equipment they use. In addition, if you click here, and find the specific route, the last page of the schedule shows the layout of the route. I believe line training is for four weeks, however this is based on what I read from this site.

Until one of the members who works for the MTA as a Bus Operator posts something, I believe these two links are a good starting point for you.

Good luck and congrats!!

Edited by +Young+

On 5/14/2019 at 8:53 PM, zbrush said:

I was hired as a MTABus operator.  I passed on day 10 which was yesterday for me.  Today for me was uniform fitting and listining to the TWU100 union.  Tomorrow I have to go to Zerega Avenue again. 

However, I wanted to know what is the training schedule like from tomorrow and out?  I mean, when does line training start and how long does it last?

My biggest worry is trying to remember the routes.  Are we allowed to keep notes to remind us where to go?  Like tape it to the side somewhere so I can glance at it once awhile as reference?  It looks like I'll be going to college point and any information about that depot would be appreciated.  I have no idea how complicated anyof their routes can be.

One other concern that I have is that i came to MTA from another city agency.  I'm currently on Conditional Leave which basically means that if I do not like working for MTA during probation I can go back to my previous city job.  However, I cannot simply resign from MTA.  I would have to ask to be reinstated first and then resign from MTA as I cannot have a break in city service.  If I resign from MTA first, I may not be able to return to my previous job.  My previous city job benefits are identical to MTA but MTA benefits are a bit better.  Only difference is the pay is lower and won't be going up any time soon.  That is the only reason I left to be honest.  If it weren't for the low pay I would probably stay their indefinitely.  

In the worse case scenerio, if I was to be told I was fired and was asked to resign from MTA, am I required to sign documents right away?  Because I will need to be reinstated first by my last job which can take several days or a week.  I'm asking this because it appears lot of people were fired on the spot from MTABus during training?  My last job I was a civil servant right now I am no longer a civil servant.  Which is what worries me.  I do not want to jepordize both jobs.  I'm using my last job as a safetly net basically.  

I think after I start line training I will know if this job is right for me so I want to stay here for awhile before I even consider asking to be reinstated.  I think I just need more info about what to expect next from training and the college point depot.  

I'm currently line training at my depot and yes it is perfectly fine to keep a note pad on you. Hell, even my superintendent from Day 1-7 suggested it while we were road test training at Eastchester. Once you get to your depot the union or whoever you meet on your first day there they should get you accommodated with all the routes the depot has. Then whoever you mentor with will guide you along the way. You'll do alright man.