Your Transit Memorabilia

Brighton Local

Absolutely beautiful--some of my favorite rolls after their IRT counterparts, so colorful and striking. Interesting to see the QJ mod and the S Special reading, had never seen those.

You can see that the QJ, the and the KK had the first letter covered for the service updates during the 1970s. Also the M had the 'exp' covered. It's interesting that they had provision for the MM to go via 6 Ave since the 1960s. For some reason the Special and Shuttle readings are the same size inside and out. They don't really fit in the interior space.

I have spares, whatcha need?

Sending you a PM.

Edited by SmallParkShuttle

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a picture of all the Subway Maps that I have (including the special (7) Meets the Hudson edition). Hopefully by January, I can add the map with the Second Avenue Subway to my collection and a special edition map for the (Q) (if they make one).

28801088746_3b78a74f52_b.jpg

Do you have any copies of the December 2015 late night map? I am looking for one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just recently got these two Brooklyn NYCTA timetables from the 1960s for the B13 and the B20.

30906595130_417910e9e3_b.jpgs-l1600-2 by spicker613, on Flickr

30906600030_78321b4c3d_b.jpgs-l1600-4 by spicker613, on Flickr

30452611754_af3d1fbc01_b.jpgs-l1600-5 by spicker613, on Flickr

30906598540_28dec19b38_b.jpgs-l1600-6 by spicker613, on Flickr

30452610214_767b0dec79_b.jpgs-l1600-3 by spicker613, on Flickr

30452609554_9a34c5765e_b.jpgs-l1600-8 by spicker613, on Flickr

31129969102_aed9a26916_b.jpgs-l1600-7 by spicker613, on Flickr

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Group photo of the Vignellis--favorite subway maps (diagrams) the city has ever had:

1972 first edition (KK): in-car map

1972 first edition (KK, bullet cover): pocket map

1972 first edition (KK, line cover): pocket map

1972 second edition (K, bullet cover): pocket map

1974 (bullet cover): pocket map

I've got a 1977 in lousy shape elsewhere, but thought I'd get the good ones together for this shot.

MLS_7113_zpsr0xglvtu.jpg

Also, if any of you folks remember that Bedford Park sign I had...I got to work this weekend on removing that decal and restoring the original Vignelli enamel underneath. Best $40 I've ever spent:

F express service to Coney Island, cir. 1968-1972

MLS_6748_zps1jehaq7s.jpg

Are you duhlancey?

If so why are you selling it already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Massimo-Vignelli-New-York-City-Coney-Island-Subway-Sign-for-Unimark-C-1968-/132094431903?hash=item1ec171129f:g:BVsAAOSwax5YoLSc#viTabs_0

That's my close friend's account, he convinced me it was worth trying it out to see what was possible. I don't really want to sell it, but we were curious if there would be interest and that kind of sale would be incredible. That's the kind of price Houseofmemories uses a lot, so we were curious if anybody would bite. 

That's my close friend's account, he convinced me it was worth trying it out to see what was possible. I don't really want to sell it, but we were curious if there would be interest and that kind of sale would be incredible. That's the kind of price Houseofmemories uses a lot, so we were curious if anybody would bite. 

OK. Houseofmemories really does have inflated prices. Thanks for telling me.

• 3 weeks later...

Great photos, glad to see that IND scroll. That was the last scroll to feature white-on-yellow lettering, a holdover from the Vignelli days. Also one of the last American Identification Products signs, I believe--they were the people who did the IRT Vignelli side scrolls.

• 3 months later...

I got my R42 line sign working! It lights up and scrolls through, the original lamps even still work! Thought you guys might want to see :)

MRAiyDT.jpg

duyrOdM.jpg

I haven't wired up the proper plug yet, but I was able to find and order one so I'll do that next. Then, my plan is to make a nice display frame that the sign can sit in, as well as hold the power supply. I wanted to ensure I'm not modifying anything about the sign so it retains it's collector value.

For anyone interested, the power supply is here and the plug is here. I had to slightly increase the voltage of the power supply from 36V to 37.5V.

Edited by drumz0rz