Your Transit Memorabilia

Brighton Local

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a 1985 R27 Side Route roll? I am willing to pay between 100 and 30 dollars for it, i been looking for one for quite a while, i know one R32 Has it left and its a Garbage car, and i know 3807 and 3380/81 has them until that group of kids vandalized them. But does anyone have a complete roll? I am willing to pay a normal price, not a Houseofmemories802 price. 

• 1 month later...

NICE! I didn't know they were selling them...

I didn't either, if they're selling the (5) ones as well ill by them since it would be $50 and with the processing fee would be $100.

Just started. Only the (2) maps so far, $25 each (with the fee).

Also, R32 Rollsign boxes are no more. 

• 3 months later...

Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere: MTA's Memorabilia and Collectibles are having a holiday special until the 18th, 50% off all inventory except tokens. 

Site: http://web.mta.info/nyct/materiel/collectsales/index.html 

On 8/28/2017 at 11:23 PM, P3F said:

I wish they would let people avoid the shipping and insurance fees by just going to the place and picking it up.

Have you asked them about picking up an order? In the past I've gotten a yes from them, but I was never able to make it to the city at the right time.

• 4 months later...

Ah, my favorite section. It has been a long time since I was last here and my collection started growing this year after stopping back in 2015. At the moment, this is incomplete as I have 18 more to be delivered within the next week and a half. I have more than this, but I will not list anything that can be found digitally online.

PS: I want more Bronx bus maps so if you guys have any that I don't have in my possession, maybe we can negotiate?

ezimba15456765581900.jpg

ezimba15456756565500.jpg

ezimba15456796872300.jpgezimba15456755456400.jpg

ezimba15456775345300.jpgezimba15456794727000.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings all. I am looking for a nyc transit authority conductor badge. But badge number 81000. Why? Because that was my dads number when he was a conductor. If you have this number I can give you a badge in return plus I’ll throw in a RTO Trainers pocket watch. Thank you in advance. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello. Looking for some help to see if anyone can let me know what it is I have here. This was inherited from my parents who found it in an antique shop in the 80's. Any advice would be much appreciated. I am afraid to roll the sign as it is very brittle. 

Thanks!

HIF6W9v.jpg

2 hours ago, bradross said:

Hello. Looking for some help to see if anyone can let me know what it is I have here. This was inherited from my parents who found it in an antique shop in the 80's. Any advice would be much appreciated. I am afraid to roll the sign as it is very brittle. 

[photo removed]

Thanks!

Very nice piece -- that's a 1930s roll sign from an R1-9 type subway car. I wouldn't be too nervous about rolling it -- generally there isn't a lot of pulling on the sign itself, since the gears do away with most of the force. Any flathead screwdriver should fit into the crank hole at the back, though originally there would be a brass crank attachment. That roll itself is a mixture of vellum (original sections) and cloth (Transit Authority replacements) which should hold up pretty well. You may even have some rare readings from the never-constructed IND "Second System" on there if you check through! 

12 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

They put Second System readings on the original R1-9 rolls? That's the first I've heard of that.

Originals were printed with D 6TH AVE-HOUSTON, F 6TH AVE-HOUSTON, and E 8TH-AVE HOUSTON in anticipation of the Houston service. Some of the D and F rolls survived (makes sense for the 2nd Ave service) but almost none of the E rolls remained. I've seen an E 8TH AVE-HOUSTON survive once, ever, and only on a side curtain, never on a front curtain.