Your Transit Memorabilia

Brighton Local

Compared to everyone else around these parts, my MTA collection more or less steers towards the "contemporary" aspect of only "surface-level collecting" (timetables and maps), and is much smaller in scope.

Even then, most of my items date from 2014 to 2018... I really should replace the maps I have, IMHO...

Anyways, here's a poor-quality photo of the stacks of timetables (solely for scale, not showing each individual leaflet):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dE1zAcm3AYWP6Du5XxdXHA-z2ATOMizo/view

Now, if you really wanted to see some interesting stuff, just ask @Union Tpke or @Around the Horn as to what I have in my collection... we were fortunate enough to encounter each other many a time at college and both have been at the receiving end of my addiction in the past few semesters, much to a mixture of their excitement and chagrin.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 67thAve said:

Compared to everyone else around these parts, my MTA collection more or less steers towards the "contemporary" aspect of only "surface-level collecting" (timetables and maps), and is much smaller in scope.

Even then, most of my items date from 2014 to 2018... I really should replace the maps I have, IMHO...

Anyways, here's a poor-quality photo of the stacks of timetables (solely for scale, not showing each individual leaflet):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dE1zAcm3AYWP6Du5XxdXHA-z2ATOMizo/view

Now, if you really wanted to see some interesting stuff, just ask @Union Tpke or @Around the Horn as to what I have in my collection... we were fortunate enough to encounter each other many a time at college and both have been at the receiving end of my addiction in the past few semesters, much to a mixture of their excitement and chagrin.

You should share your extensive international collection. I learned a lot from it.

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

You should share your extensive international collection. I learned a lot from it.

Oh, very well.

Here's the list.

A few notes:

1) This covers bus timetables ONLY. Some of these timetables (particularly those which are comprehensive books covering a full geographic area) also contain timetables for other forms of transit (trains, tram, subway, ferry, even cable cars in the case of some Swiss items).

2) I do not count duplicate items. Therefore, this list may be seen as a list of "unique items" in my collection.

3) While the list does not date my items, almost all non-American stuff (with the exception of some British and Canadian items, as well as a few scattered items from other nations,  such as a no-longer-published book covering bus services in Stavanger) dates from 2018 at earliest. Even most of the items I have from Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States typically are from 2017 at earliest, with some notable exceptions (for instance, my STM items from Montreal date from August 2015, and the aforementioned Stavanger publication is dated December 2014).

4) Some networks listed do not indicate how many items in my collection are from that operator. Some may not even indicate a single item! This is either because the item is damaged and is kept indexed solely because I have been unable to find a replacement copy (an example is my timetables for Belfast's #2 bus route, which is not included in the total Translink tally), the "timetable" is effectively a frequency guide (this is often the case with Spanish items), or that information on that operator's services are consolidated in another operator's publication (an example here is found in the transit systems of Bettendorf and Davenport - both networks publish their timetables in the booklet produced by Quad Cities Metrolink).

5) Some items are included on the list on account of technicalities (for instance, the Market-Frankford Line timetable in my collection is counted as a bus timetable despite it being a rail service because it contains full details on the Night Owl bus service which follows the corridor, including a complete timetable).

6) None of these items are printouts. Some, however, are or may be print-on-request, but are formatted well enough to be considered "official" (examples of this are York Region and non-V/Line timetables from the Australian state of Victoria).

Without further ado, here is the list:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jx3ucky3k1sIJAScy_UsAUyyFMf6H5RK/view?usp=sharing

And yes, feel free to ask for pictures of specific items.

Edited by 67thAve