Fast Forward Buses Update/Network Redesign Discussion Thread

Union Tpke

12 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

I don't think they are doing SBS anymore. I have heard that the branding will go by the wayside with OMNY coming it, eliminating the need for the costly fare machines.

At one point I heard the B35 was in consideration for SBS. Is that out the window? Remember OMNY is fully intergrated in 2023 pending any serious bugs. 

54 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

At one point I heard the B35 was in consideration for SBS. Is that out the window? Remember OMNY is fully intergrated in 2023 pending any serious bugs. 

I think we should all wait until we get an exact confirmation from any of the mods or the MTA themselves. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

If I'm not mistaken, all limited buses will become +SBS+ eventually, since limited buses will be obsolete when OMNY comes around (Basically, +SBS+ will become the new Limited, instead of calling it Limited).

14 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I think we should all wait until we get an exact confirmation from any of the mods. 

Sir. First off don’t use my line. 

2nd: There’s been various reports that a full intergration is expected on or about 2023 for OMNY unless there are serious bugs. 

3rd: The B35 is/was part of plans to be intergrated into SBS in the near future unless scrapped. (I was simply asking if those plans were scrapped

4th: We’ll wait until further confirmation from the mods. 

#carryon.

14 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sir. First off don’t use my line. 

2nd: There’s been various reports that a full intergration is expected on or about 2023 for OMNY unless there are serious bugs. 

3rd: The B35 is/was part of plans to be intergrated into SBS in the near future unless scrapped. (I was simply asking if those plans were scrapped

4th: We’ll wait until further confirmation from the mods. 

#carryon.

???

integration is one thing but still sbs is still a program for the MTA that is still fairly recent enough. 

We all knew about the B35 already but we’ve been hearing conflicting stories about sbs being scrapped and not. 

No need to take it seriously at this point.     

Rockaway Beach Blvd Improvements
DOT is proposing transit, safety, and traffic improvements along Rockaway Beach Blvd in the Rockaways. The project includes bus lanes, median tip extensions, curb extensions, pedestrian islands, and new sidewalks. The project will improve safety for all roadway users, enhance bus speeds and reliability, and improve accessibility at bus stops.
Rockaway Beach Blvd Improvements – presented to Queens Community Board 14 Transportation Committee in June 2019 (pdf)

On 6/4/2019 at 9:27 AM, NBTA said:

If I'm not mistaken, all limited buses will become +SBS+ eventually, since limited buses will be obsolete when OMNY comes around (Basically, +SBS+ will become the new Limited, instead of calling it Limited).

That sounds about right to me...