Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

Fast Forward Buses Update/Network Redesign Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

I don't think they are doing SBS anymore. I have heard that the branding will go by the wayside with OMNY coming it, eliminating the need for the costly fare machines.

At one point I heard the B35 was in consideration for SBS. Is that out the window? Remember OMNY is fully intergrated in 2023 pending any serious bugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

At one point I heard the B35 was in consideration for SBS. Is that out the window? Remember OMNY is fully intergrated in 2023 pending any serious bugs. 

I think we should all wait until we get an exact confirmation from any of the mods or the MTA themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

At one point I heard the B35 was in consideration for SBS. Is that out the window? Remember OMNY is fully intergrated in 2023 pending any serious bugs. 

If I'm not mistaken, all limited buses will become +SBS+ eventually, since limited buses will be obsolete when OMNY comes around (Basically, +SBS+ will become the new Limited, instead of calling it Limited).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I think we should all wait until we get an exact confirmation from any of the mods. 

Sir. First off don’t use my line. 

2nd: There’s been various reports that a full intergration is expected on or about 2023 for OMNY unless there are serious bugs. 

3rd: The B35 is/was part of plans to be intergrated into SBS in the near future unless scrapped. (I was simply asking if those plans were scrapped

4th: We’ll wait until further confirmation from the mods. 

#carryon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sir. First off don’t use my line. 

2nd: There’s been various reports that a full intergration is expected on or about 2023 for OMNY unless there are serious bugs. 

3rd: The B35 is/was part of plans to be intergrated into SBS in the near future unless scrapped. (I was simply asking if those plans were scrapped

4th: We’ll wait until further confirmation from the mods. 

#carryon.

???

integration is one thing but still sbs is still a program for the MTA that is still fairly recent enough. 

We all knew about the B35 already but we’ve been hearing conflicting stories about sbs being scrapped and not. 

No need to take it seriously at this point.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockaway Beach Blvd Improvements
DOT is proposing transit, safety, and traffic improvements along Rockaway Beach Blvd in the Rockaways. The project includes bus lanes, median tip extensions, curb extensions, pedestrian islands, and new sidewalks. The project will improve safety for all roadway users, enhance bus speeds and reliability, and improve accessibility at bus stops.
Rockaway Beach Blvd Improvements – presented to Queens Community Board 14 Transportation Committee in June 2019 (pdf)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 9:27 AM, NBTA said:

If I'm not mistaken, all limited buses will become +SBS+ eventually, since limited buses will be obsolete when OMNY comes around (Basically, +SBS+ will become the new Limited, instead of calling it Limited).

That sounds about right to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

D88m2xQXUAEk4uh.jpg

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! 

All (MTA) buses need to use shoulder lanes for faster service. The governor needs to sign executive order for this like ASAP!!! 

Maybe additional bus service can be offered on parkways and expressways for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

D88m2xQXUAEk4uh.jpg

Also NYPD Highway Patrol 1, 1st Pct, MBPS needs to provide enforcement for this. 

Edited by Future ENY OP
Manhattan Borough Patrol South Division

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

D9CL1HFXUAYG8K5.jpg

Well well well...didn't expect this to be a thing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

D88m2xQXUAEk4uh.jpg

This is a good way to make express bus trips more consistent, as the FDR is quite unreliable in terms of traffic flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.