Q12 is going Arctic

nuyorican

2 minutes ago, nuyorican said:

Looks like the Q12 out of Casey Stengal will go Artic was talking to a bus operator and they will be getting new non SBS artics said it will start in the Fall pick. 

There is no need to create new topic. We have Bus Random Thread for that.

4 minutes ago, nuyorican said:

Looks like the Q12 out of Casey Stengal will go Artic was talking to a bus operator and they will be getting new non SBS artics said it will start in the Fall pick. 

Get ready for the service cuts

Unnecessary.

Artics on the Q12, to me, means service decreases for the Northern Blvd corridor (east of Flushing) altogether.... Meaning, this won't end up solely affecting Q12 riders...

They want less buses on the road.

Edited by B35 via Church

........ interesting

I’m going to say something about this rumor and it’s something that you may not like to hear. 

CS is supposed to be closing. There’s no way that the Q12 is supposed to be considered to artic conversion and or implementation at this time.

Also, where are you going to get buses from. Right now there’s no extra artics to accommodate for this. 

6 hours ago, nuyorican said:

Just so you know, bus operators are sometimes the last ones to know what's going on.

I wouldn't take what he said seriously.

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

........ interesting

I’m going to say something about this rumor and it’s something that you may not like to hear. 

CS is supposed to be closing. There’s no way that the Q12 is supposed to be considered to artic conversion and or implementation at this time.

Also, where are you going to get buses from. Right now there’s no extra artics to accommodate for this. 

Hold your horses there, champ.

The Q12 at one point was considered for artic conversion before the Q44 SBS was implemented. After the Q44 SBS was implemented, they wanted to test artics on the Q12 but they never did.

Edited by Cait Sith

37 minutes ago, nuyorican said:

...also they were getting rid of the Q26. 

Reliable source? I sometimes ride the Q26, when it operates during rush hours, and with everybody taking the Q27 it's going to be a disaster. This is the primary reason why they kept this route, they just cut the route during the mid-day and evenings when practically nobody would be on the bus.

20 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Just so you know, bus operators are sometimes the last ones to know what's going on.

I wouldn't take what he said seriously.

Thank you!!

Edited by +Young+

7 hours ago, nuyorican said:

yeah its a official it is going artic, also they were getting rid of the Q26. 

Official by who's standards? Until it actually shows up in the pick documents at the depot or in the board meeting materials, it's not official.

For example, a bus operator could say that the Q48 is going artic and its supposed to happen in the summer. That doesn't actually make it official.  

*sees thread title* Bundle up, people! It's looking like an icebox!

Seriously, as busy as it is, it'll be amazing to find artics in the cards anytime soon. Now can we please kill this thread?

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

*sees thread title* Bundle up, people! It's looking like an icebox!

Seriously, as busy as it is, it'll be amazing to find artics in the cards anytime soon. Now can we please kill this thread?

You're not helping out at all.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

...or in the board meeting materials, it's not official.

Just so we are on the same page, some examples of this can be viewed here and here. Note that both of these lengthy documents are from the MTA website, respectively.