Bronx Bus Network Redesign Draft Plan is Coming

We're developing the Draft Plan with support from the New York City Department of Transportation (NYC DOT). The Plan will be released within the next few weeks. Following its release, we will host public Open Houses throughout the month of June to share our recommendations and explain how and why we made the decision we made.

Draft Plan Review Open House Schedule

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

6:00 - 8:30 PM

Ft. Independence Community Center

3350 Bailey Avenue

Directions:

Subway: 1 train to 231 St

Bus: Bx1, Bx2, Bx3, Bx10, BxM3

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Bronx Museum of the Arts - North Wing, 2nd Floor

1040 Grand Concourse

Directions:

Subway: B D 4 train to 161 St-Yankee Stadium

Bus: Bx1, Bx2

Monday, June 17, 2019

Bronx Community Board 12 - Carriage House

4101 White Plains Road

Directions:

Subway: 2 5 to 233 St

Bus: Bx39

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

ShopRite of Bruckner Boulevard (Bruckner Mall) - Community Space, 2nd Floor

1994 Bruckner Boulevard

Directions:

Subway: 6 to Parkchester

Bus: Bx5, Bx36, Bx39

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

PS/MS 71

3040 Roberts Avenue

Directions:

Subway: 6 to Buhre Av

Bus: Bx8, Bx24

Monday, June 24, 2019

Monroe College - Kings Hall, Mintz Room

2501 Jerome Avenue

Directions:

Subway: B D 4 to Fordham Rd

Bus: Bx1, Bx2, Bx12, Bx12-SBS, Bx32

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Davidson Community Center

2038 Davidson Avenue

Directions:

Subway: 4 to Burnside Av

Bus: Bx32, Bx40, Bx42

Thursday, June 27, 2019

RiverBay Corporation - Co-op City, Room 31

2049 Bartow Avenue

Directions:

Subway: 6 to Pelham Bay Park

Bus: Bx23, Bx26, Bx28, Bx30, Bx38, BxM7, Q50

https://new.mta.info/bronxbusredesign/status

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This is supposed to be released this month... Either it's coming May 31st, or it'll be late and released in June... <_<

That wouldn't be much of a surprise. It seems that whenever the MTA announces that somthing will be completed, started, or released by a particular month it always comes at the end of the month. The countdown clocks on the Brighton Line were supposed to come in October 2017, and went into service on October 30th. Phase 1 of the Second Avenue Subway was supposed to open in December 2016, and opened on January 1st 2017.

Just now, OIG119 said:

That wouldn't be much of a surprise. It seems that whenever the MTA announces that somthing will be completed, started, or released by a particular month it always comes at the end of the month. The countdown clocks on the Brighton Line were supposed to come in October 2017, and went into service on October 30th. Phase 1 of the Second Avenue Subway was supposed to open in December 2016, and opened on January 1st 2017.

They would better off releasing a later presentation date and then coming out with it earlier as opposed to the other way around.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I'm confused, are they going to release it at this open houses or...?

No. They're supposed to release it before, and they will discuss it further in detail at the open houses.

Knowing the MTA, I wouldn't be surprised if they released it in the late afternoon on June 7th.

42 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

No. They're supposed to release it before, and they will discuss it further in detail at the open houses.

Knowing the MTA, I wouldn't be surprised if they released it in the late afternoon on June 7th.

I hope everyone braces themselves...if it's anything like Staten Island it's going to be a disaster.

9 hours ago, OIG119 said:

OMNY's first phase comes online on May 31st, so.... yea.

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I hope everyone braces themselves...if it's anything like Staten Island it's going to be a disaster.

That Bx23/Bx24 trunk between Co-op City and Country Club, Bx4 to Hutchinson Metro Center, and the return of the Bx14 between Parkchester and the Square should be quite the doozy. duck.gif

6 hours ago, paulrivera said:

OMNY's first phase comes online on May 31st, so.... yea.

That Bx23/Bx24 trunk between Co-op City and Country Club, Bx4 to Hutchinson Metro Center, and the return of the Bx14 between Parkchester and the Square should be quite the doozy. duck.gif

I wonder if they will do anything with the Bx12. That line is way to overcrowded.

15 hours ago, paulrivera said:

That Bx23/Bx24 trunk between Co-op City and Country Club

Overnight, I always thought that the Bx24 should be extended to City Island via the Bx29. City Island has been asking for overnight service and it wouldn't take much since the Bx24 ends at the (6) train overnight.

41 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Overnight, I always thought that the Bx24 should be extended to City Island via the Bx29. City Island has been asking for overnight service and it wouldn't take much since the Bx24 ends at the (6) train overnight.

You'd be better off running the Bx29 overnight, especially since the only bus that currently serves both Pelham Bay Park and Co-op City (in some capacity) through the night is the Bx12.

26 minutes ago, Lex said:

You'd be better off running the Bx29 overnight, especially since the only bus that currently serves both Pelham Bay Park and Co-op City (in some capacity) through the night is the Bx12.

But remember the Bx24 serves the metro center. That's why it runs overnight.

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

...which it doesn't need to since the Metro Center shuttle buses are still there.

The Metro Center shuttles don't run during evenings, late Saturday afternoons, Sundays, and overnight hours. It is not sufficient.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

25 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I knew it! The BxM4 is going to be cut to peak hours only. And I remember someone saying something about a BxM6/10 combo, that's happening off-peak as well.

The Concourse lost all of its express bus service as well.

The BxM17 is the new route being proposed.

@Via Garibaldi 8 Did the Concourse have a decent amount of ridership or any demand?

Edited by Lil 57

24 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I knew it! The BxM4 is going to be cut to peak hours only. And I remember someone saying something about a BxM6/10 combo, that's happening off-peak as well.

The Concourse lost all of its express bus service as well.

The BxM17 is the new route being proposed.

@Via Garibaldi 8 Did the Concourse have a decent amount of ridership or any demand?

The Concourse is tough because of the ADA situation, and yes the first two stops were big on the BxM4. People are going to be very upset...