Bronx Redesign Draft Released

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

lol This is a plan to speed up buses in general along a number of corridors, so more bus lanes, OMNY and all door boarding are in the works along regardless. The SBS brand will likely be phased out eventually.

Only SBS do that not normal routes.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bwwnyc123 said:

I know you are from another planet my bad. Plus are not phasing out SBS so why would they do that for. 

Reading is fundamental.... What's the point of having a separate SBS brand if ALL buses are going to have the same features?? Boarding through all doors and the payment set up will essentially be the same in the future. Those are two key things that distinguish SBS from other routes.

24 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Reading is fundamental.... What's the point of having a separate SBS brand if ALL buses are going to have the same features?? Boarding through all doors and the payment set up will essentially be the same in the future. Those are two key things that distinguish SBS from other routes.

So they are making normal bus service similar to SBS what is the point of that?

1 hour ago, bwwnyc123 said:

So they are making normal bus service similar to SBS what is the point of that?

to decease bus operator's dwell times in stops systemwide and keep runs flowing as rapid as possible... that's the point of the system being redesigned boro by boro and eliminating what they determine as unnecessary bus stops (example: stop eliminations on the q22 & q35) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Some of the things you mention are already in the works. Instead of complaining, take the time to read the Better Buses Action Plan. It describes in detail a number of corridors that are being worked on by the DOT and the City, and include things like bus lanes, Transit Signal Priority and so on.  OMNY should be on all buses Citywide by sometime in 2020. Until then people will have to be patient and wait.  What is concerning isn't what they're doing, but rather what isn't being done, and how long some of these things have been in the works.

https://www1.nyc.gov/html/brt/downloads/pdf/better-buses-action-plan-2019.pdf

Where was I complaining? I am aware that these things are coming, which is why I brought them up. I was responding to the post above me.

I'm a fan of the new plan. A lot of redundant stops are being eliminated and routes are being straightened which will speed things up.

The ball is now in the NYC DOT's court. The city needs to paint more bus lanes, create busways, physical seperate those they can, and install TSP along these routes.

A few thoughts for the DOT in the Bronx.

-Bus lanes on 149th Street from the Harlem River to Southern Blvd.

-Bus lanes on Southern Blvd from Barreto Street to Westchester Avenue.

-Extend the bus lane on E 163rd Street from Bruckner Blvd to Westchester Avenue, in both directions.

-Buses only, both ways for the E 161st St tunnel under the Grand Concourse (currently buses only in one direction).

-Extend the bus lane on E 161st St to avoid the traffic that merges near Morris Avenue to Melrose Avenue at least.

-Bus lanes on East Tremont Avenue, curbside. Loading off peak and around the corner install loading zones.

-Bus lanes on White Plains Road from Lafayette Avenue to the Bruckner Expressway.

-Queue jump on White Plains Road just south and north of Westchester Avenue.

-Queue jump on Bronx River Avenue just south of and under the Bruckner Expressway.

-Bus lanes in Co-op City.

-Bus lanes on the 145th St Bridge, Macombs Dam Bridge, Washington Bridge, University Heights Bridge.

-Do something about the Bruckner Blvd where it goes over the Bronx River for the Bx5 and coming SBS Bx6.

-Fill in the camera gaps with more cameras.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Sadly, no update or word on when the final draft will be released.

Will be released in Mid October according to a new update on the micro site: https://new.mta.info/bronxbusredesign

According to the site:

When redesigning an entire borough's bus network, we think it's better to take a little extra time to meet with as many customers, advocates, community groups, and elected officials as possible to make sure we're doing what we can to meet the priorities of the people we serve.

Not that I'm eager for any of these redesigns, but surely none of you are surprised that this agency couldn't make do on any initial completion date....

Anyway, yeah, I also picked up on that snippet that laughing boy up there quoted.... Nice little stall tactic on the MTA's part there... You'd be foolish to believe that the final draft isn't already set in stone & that there is some other underlying reason that the release of this thing has been pushed back like a Bone Thugs & Harmony album.....

There's absolutely nothing that those (or should I say "those") aforementioned factions can present that'll have the MTA alter whatever the hell it is they have cooked up & solidified between [whenever they finalized (past tense) this draft plan] & [whenever it'll end up being released to the public].....

On 9/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, B35 via Church said:

Not that I'm eager for any of these redesigns, but surely none of you are surprised that this agency couldn't make do on any initial completion date....

Anyway, yeah, I also picked up on that snippet that laughing boy up there quoted.... Nice little stall tactic on the MTA's part there... You'd be foolish to believe that the final draft isn't already set in stone & that there is some other underlying reason that the release of this thing has been pushed back like a Bone Thugs & Harmony album.....

There's absolutely nothing that those (or should I say "those") aforementioned factions can present that'll have the MTA alter whatever the hell it is they have cooked up & solidified between [whenever they finalized (past tense) this draft plan] & [whenever it'll end up being released to the public].....

Word.....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don’t know if anyone pointed this out before or whene the MTA did this, but they seem to have finalized the southern terminal for the M100. Previously it was just shown as ending at the intersection of Amsterdam Ave/W. 125 St, but now the map has been updated to have it head down Amsterdam Ave, turn down LaSalle St, turn onto Broadway, and turn on 125 St, ending at W. 125 St/Old Broadway.

23 hours ago, jaf0519 said:

I don’t know if anyone pointed this out before or whene the MTA did this, but they seem to have finalized the southern terminal for the M100. Previously it was just shown as ending at the intersection of Amsterdam Ave/W. 125 St, but now the map has been updated to have it head down Amsterdam Ave, turn down LaSalle St, turn onto Broadway, and turn on 125 St, ending at W. 125 St/Old Broadway.

I would have had it end at 125th & 12th with the M125.