NYC Bus Quizzes

Hi everyone. I've made some quizzes (just for fun) to test one's knowledge of the bus system. I have made two bus route/route history quizzes for Brooklyn and Staten Island. Each of the quizzes has additional instructions. They're not so easy, just a heads up (unless you know where to look). I plan on making more for each of the other boroughs (and maybe some others in the future), but I would like to hear some feedback.

Here are the link to the quizzes:

Brooklyn

Staten Island

12 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Hi everyone. I've made some quizzes (just for fun) to test one's knowledge of the bus system. I have made two bus route/route history quizzes for Brooklyn and Staten Island. Each of the quizzes has additional instructions. They're not so easy, just a heads up (unless you know where to look). I plan on making more for each of the other boroughs (and maybe some others in the future), but I would like to hear some feedback.

Here are the link to the quizzes:

Brooklyn

Staten Island

Deleted

Edited by Lil 57

22 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

Nice quizzes, Just a few edits to your quiz on SI routes:

If there's issues with the questions, you should probably PM me instead of posting it here, so that way, people don't already know what the answer is and then take it when I correct it.

The quiz results will be adjusted automatically after fixing the answer.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

6 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If there's issues with the questions, you should probably PM me instead of posting it here, so that way, people don't already know what the answer is and then take it when I correct it. 

Ok I PM'd you.

I appreciate the feedback I've received, and I've fixed a few things on the previous quizzes. With that said, here's the results so far from the quizzes above:

Brooklyn: 

Out of 20 respondents, the average is 21/100. The highest score is a 54. The hardest question is Q7, with 0% right, and the easiest question is Q9, with 40% right.

Staten Island:

Out of 13 respondents, the average is a 40/100. The highest score is a 78. The hardest question is Q1 and Q9, with 15% right, and the easiest question is Q10, with 85% right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I have made quizzes for the other boroughs:

Bronx

Queens

Manhattan

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Some of the wordings to these questions leaves much to be desired....

Are there any questions in particular that you remember? I've went back to condense some of the questions for more clarity. I also added some details to other questions.

I noticed that for the Bronx quiz, I accidentally placed the wrong answer as the correct one for the Bx12 question (my mistake). If you remember what you got and you are sure that you had the right answer, then you can give yourself 9 points (most people got that right). Here's a little update on the quiz scores and other stats:

Brooklyn (Take the Brooklyn Quiz Here)

Out of 29 responses, the average is 22/100. The highest score is an 88. The hardest question is Q7, with 3% right, and the easiest question is Q9, with 38% right.

Bronx (Take the Bronx Quiz Here):

Out of 10 responses, the average is 29/100. The highest score is a 64. The hardest questions are Q2 and Q10, with 0% right, and the easiest question is Q8, with 50% right.

Manhattan (Take the Manhattan Quiz Here):

Out of 7 responses, the average is 21/100. The highest score is a 31. The hardest questions are Q6 and Q9 with 0% right, and the easiest question is Q5, with 71% right. 

Queens (Take the Queens Quiz Here):

Out of 12 responses, the average is 30/100. The highest score is a 48. The hardest question is Q6 with 0% right, and the easiest question is Q9, with 67% right.

Staten Island (Take the Staten Island Quiz Here):

Out of 17 responses, the average is a 46/100. The highest score is an 81. The hardest question is Q1, with 12% right, and the easiest question is Q2, with 88% right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll produce a new update on the current quizzes when I release other quizzes, whenever that is.  Anyways, any questions/concerns/feedback etc can either be posted here or can be PM'd to me.

3 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Do you know the answers to these questions off of the top of your head? Or did you do some research before making it?

For the most part, I had prior knowledge way before even making the quizzes. The ones that I really had to think about questions that were percentages or numbered choices (to make sure I included the right answer).

The only question that probably required me doing some verifying (not even research) is Q4 on the Bronx quiz (because two of the choices come out extremely close to each other). 

I've made two new quizzes, both on current Queens bus routes (to see how it compares to the mixed quiz). I'll be releasing two purely historical quiz soon as well.

Queens Bus Route Quiz 1

Queens Bus Route Quiz 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, here's a little update regarding the other quizzes:

Brooklyn: 

Out of 42 responses, the average is 22/100. The highest score is an 88. The hardest question is Q7, with 7% right, and the easiest question is Q9, with 36% right.

Bronx:

Out of 26 responses, the average is 32/100. The highest score is a 79. The hardest questions is Q10, with 8% right, and the easiest question is Q1, with 58% right.

Manhattan:

Out of 17 responses, the average is 34/100. The highest score is a 67. The hardest question is Q2 with 6% right, and the easiest question is Q5, with 71% right. 

Queens:

Out of 25 responses, the average is 32/100. The highest score is a 48. The hardest question is Q6 with 0% right, and the easiest question is Q9, with 68% right.

Staten Island:

Out of 18 responses, the average is a 36/100. The highest score is an 78*. The hardest question is Q1, with 6% right, and the easiest question is Q2, with 72% right.

*The highest score went down because I deleted the previous high score because that person went again and tried again after getting it wrong. Please don't try to cheat, I can tell when one quiz score is low the first time, and then the very next time get almost everything right in less than a minute. I can also compare I.P addresses just to confirm as well, since it gives that info as well. 

23 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

* The highest score went down because I deleted the previous high score because that person went again and tried again after getting it wrong. Please don't try to cheat, I can tell when one quiz score is low the first time, and then the very next time get almost everything right in less than a minute. I can also compare I.P addresses just to confirm as well, since it gives that info as well.

You would think it'd be setup to prevent users from the same IP taking the quiz again.... But LMAO at the dedication.

@BM5 via Woodhaven - First off, these quizzes are fun. Glad you made them.

Here are my 2 cents on the "Queens Bus Route Quiz #2".....

Question 2 - There is a 'super' bus route among your available choices which I'd think would be correct as well.

Question 6 - Any walk under 5 min to the subway is close enough in my book.

Question 7 - That's an interesting one. IMO, the correct answer is a variant of an existing one, but some would say it ins't.

Oh, and for Question 6 on the first quiz, ya got me! That was a good one. Only one of those routes truly ends on their own.

12 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You would think it'd be setup to prevent users from the same IP taking the quiz again.... But LMAO at the dedication.

It prevents it only on the same device, but not by IP, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Question 2 - There is a 'super' bus route among your available choices which I'd think would be correct as well.

Question 7 - That's an interesting one. IMO, the correct answer is a variant of an existing one, but some would say it ins't.

Oh, and for Question 6 on the first quiz, ya got me! That was a good one. Only one of those routes truly ends on their own.

Thanks, and glad to hear you're enjoying them!

Regarding Question 2 on Queens Quiz 2, I've checked again, and there is only one correct answer for that question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm releasing four quizzes. Two of them are the Queens bus route history Quizzes, and two of them are Manhattan bus route Quizzes (no history).

Queens Bus Route History Quiz 1

Queens Bus Route History Quiz 2

Manhattan Bus Route Quiz 1

Manhattan Bus Route Quiz 2

I'll be working on the Manhattan history Quizzes, plus the four quizzes for each of the other three boroughs left (Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island), so I'll post that along with some stats from the quizzes next time. It'll be some time though, because I haven't started any of those.

• 11 months later...

It's been quite some time, but I have made three quizzes, all dealing with Bronx bus route history. In terms of difficultly, quiz 2 might be the easiest. I started with Quiz 2 first and then did the others, and I got a little more creative with some of the questions on the other two quizzes. If there are any issues or you see something which you feel may be inaccurate, either PM me or if it doesn't give away too much, comment below.

Bronx Route History Quiz 1

Bronx Route History Quiz 2

Bronx Route History Quiz 3

Below are other quizzes you could take as well:

Regular Route Quizzes:

Manhattan Bus Route Quiz 1

• The mean score is 39%, based on 10 responses.
  • The toughest question was Q7, with 10% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q3, with 80% getting it right.

Manhattan Bus Route Quiz 2 

• The mean score is 57%, based on 10 responses.
  • The toughest question was Q7, with 30% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q2, with 100% getting it right.

Queens Bus Route Quiz 1

• The mean score is 39%, based on 14 responses.
  • The toughest question was Q9, with 14% getting it right.
  • The easiest questions were Q5 and Q7, with 64% getting it right.

Queens Bus Route Quiz 2

• The mean score is 49%, based on 15 responses.
  • The toughest questions were Q7 and Q3, with 20% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q4, with 87% getting it right.

Route History Quizzes:

Manhattan Bus Route History Quiz 1

• The mean score is 53%, based on 7 responses.
  • The toughest question was Q8, with 0% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q9, with 86% getting it right.

Manhattan Bus Route History Quiz 2

• The mean score is 64%, based on 5 responses.
  • The toughest question was Q4, with 0% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q1, with 100% getting it right.

Queens Bus Route History Quiz 1

• The mean score is 62%, based on 13 responses.
  • The toughest questions were Q1, Q3, Q7, and Q8, with 54% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q4, with 85% getting it right.

Queens Bus Route History Quiz 2

• The mean score is 50%, based on 12 responses.
  • The toughest questions were Q2, and Q5, with 8% getting it right.
  • The easiest question was Q4, with 92% getting it right.

So it looks like someone is already retaking the quizzes. In Bronx bus quiz 1, one response clocked in 13 minutes and scored a 30, and the next response clocked in 9 minutes and scored a 90. Normally wouldn't look suspicious, until I saw that the I.P addresses were the same (it gives that info). 

The answers are given after you submit the quiz, so I don't really get why you wouldn't go through it again. Also, if you were gonna try that, IDK how you would have still got a question wrong, since you need to use a separate device to retake the quiz. 

I just took both Queens quizzes & got 80%.

• Both questions I got wrong on the first Queens quiz, I'm kicking myself on....
  • One of the two questions I got wrong on the second Queens quiz was due to an incorrect guess... The other question I got wrong, I'm not so sure is the correct answer, but w/e....

I'll say that Quiz 2 was a lot more challenging than Quiz 1..... Guessed on about 4 of those questions & got 3 of them right :lol:

I'll take the other borough quizzes some other time...

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

So it looks like someone is already retaking the quizzes....

It really shouldn't be that serious... Smh.

The question should really be, who is it you're trying to cheat - and wtf do you ultimately gain out of doing it !

Edited by B35 via Church

46 minutes ago, B61In2002 said:

Inquiry

*Sigh*

This is a question where you should have PM'd me, because you are giving the answer away...

18 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If there are any issues or you see something which you feel may be inaccurate, either PM me or if it doesn't give away too much, comment below.

I've decided to update Manhattan Bus Route Quiz 1, and made some modifications to the choices and/or the formatting of questions, and I changed the very last question. This may be a little more difficult than the first one due to the checkbox questions, but I expect the results to be similar.

Manhattan Bus Route Quiz 1 (No History - Updated)

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MalibusMostWanted said:

Manhattan Quiz 2. The last question I think is incorrect. Which bus does not operate on even numbered streets.

Your answer is the M102, but that route crosses 116th St. The M9 doesn’t cross an even street from what I can tell. 

You need to reread the question. It said which bus does not operate on any even-numbered Manhattan Avenue.

Also, IDK how many more times I have to say this, but if think there's a problem and make a comment on here, can you not give away the answer on here??? Now people that take it after the fact will know the answer and it messes up the scoring because I don't know if someone really knew that question or not. I've stated this before and I will say it again. 

On 6/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If there are any issues or you see something which you feel may be inaccurate, either PM me or if it doesn't give away too much, comment below.

Here's an example of one that fits that criteria:

On 6/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Is there any way people can take these quizzes & not have the answers to any of the questions revealed after a participant takes them?

Yes, there is a setting (which BTW, is disorganizing IMO) which shows whether the answer is right or wrong. I typically prefer to show the answer just in case people were curious, but I guess I'm gonna have to disable that option.