xd60 6023 SBS on Q12

nuyorican

If the SBS bus doesn't have a farebox on it, then it is probably a destination sign code break (but what do I know....I'm only a commuter).

The most common code break I used to see was on the LIE eastbound around 8am (almost daily) where one of the deadheading bus operators would put up a BX sign (I don't recall the route #) which was 'headed' to Yankee Stadium. I presume the driver was a Yankee Fan. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

If the SBS bus doesn't have a farebox on it, then it is probably a destination sign code break (but what do I know....I'm only a commuter).

The most common code break I used to see was on the LIE eastbound around 8am (almost daily) where one of the deadheading bus operators would put up a BX sign (I don't recall the route #) which was 'headed' to Yankee Stadium. I presume the driver was a Yankee Fan. 

"Bx13 Yankee Std"

I used to see that all the time as a kid. I actually heard from an op that that reading is also a Luminator sign glitch.

As for whether this bus was on the Q12 on the night he posted it....I have doubts. This bus had Q44 runs that entire day, and it's last trip ended at Jamaica and deadheaded back to Casey Stengel.....

Edited by Cait Sith